Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's like every year the Spurs take a player and people say "Of course they'd fall to the Spurs! They get lucky every year!".

Some teams draft for fit and some draft for potential and some draft for the player they are. After the draft they look at them taking it all into account and say "WTF, how did that player fall so far?".

Mannion and Jessup had 1st round grades by some front offices, they just didn't have picks available to take them. Like if Mannion is on Team A's board at 16, they pick at 13 and take a different player. Their next pick is at 59 so they don't have a chance to take him.
    I get that, but they still could have looked to buy pick 37 or something??? Also- if team A had him on their board as 16- did they realistically expect him to be there at 59? (regardless of which team happened to pick him??

Most mock drafts I saw going in had him in the mid 20s, but he was falling the last month for no real reason. If all you are looking at is measurements- his wingspan is less than his height. According to Jay Bilas- that stat is something scouts really over critique on a player.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 11-21-2020 at 07:07 PM.

itd be like the warriors being mad at washington for taking deni because they took him at 9 and didnt let him fall to 48

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I get that, but they still could have looked to buy pick 37 or something??? Also- if team A had him on their board as 16- did they realistically expect him to be there at 59? (regardless of which team happened to pick him??

Most mock drafts I saw going in had him in the mid 20s, but he was falling the last month for no real reason. If all you are looking at is measurements- his wingspan is less than his height. According to Jay Bilas- that stat is something scouts really over critique on a player.
    Yes teams can TRY to buy picks, but with the cap static those picks are worth more than they can sell them for because they are super cheap roster spot fillers.

Yeah, he was too high when he was in the teens, but 20s seemed reasonable. I still don't know why he fell so far.

Length is prized because guys with long arms generally defend better for their position/height.

itd be like the warriors being mad at washington for taking deni because they took him at 9 and didnt let him fall to 48
    It's more like people looking at the draft and being annoyed at the OTHER teams for not taking Vaseell and letting him land at San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes teams can TRY to buy picks, but with the cap static those picks are worth more than they can sell them for because they are super cheap roster spot fillers.

Yeah, he was too high when he was in the teens, but 20s seemed reasonable. I still don't know why he fell so far.

Length is prized because guys with long arms generally defend better for their position/height.
    people say curry is the best pg in the league and he is a below average individual defender. I see the wingspand thing as something not ideal.... but i dont think it erases or outweighs everything you have seen a guy do on the floor

people say curry is the best pg in the league and he is a below average individual defender. I see the wingspand thing as something not ideal.... but i dont think it erases or outweighs everything you have seen a guy do on the floor
    True. But like age it's a strike against a guy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162