Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    To think Wiggins when he came out of college they were actually comparing him to a young Kobe or even a young LeBron...guy sure as hell didn't live up to his hype but the fact is...is that Wiggins just doesn't want it enough. If he did, he would be a perennial All Star right now. In Golden State, in the Bay is there any chance of him being an elite level player? With Steph, Klay and Draymond...no chance of that happening unless the Warriors trade him elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    To think Wiggins when he came out of college they were actually comparing him to a young Kobe or even a young LeBron...guy sure as hell didn't live up to his hype but the fact is...is that Wiggins just doesn't want it enough. If he did, he would be a perennial All Star right now. In Golden State, in the Bay is there any chance of him being an elite level player? With Steph, Klay and Draymond...no chance of that happening unless the Warriors trade him elsewhere
    They don't need him to be Kobe. The question is can he be as good as or better than Otto Porter or Kelly Oubre and I think the answer is yes. He doesn't need to be agressive on the Warriors he just needs to take the open shots and move himself and the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They don't need him to be Kobe. The question is can he be as good as or better than Otto Porter or Kelly Oubre and I think the answer is yes. He doesn't need to be agressive on the Warriors he just needs to take the open shots and move himself and the ball.
    Yeah but so far in his career he has been a scrub

Yeah but so far in his career he has been a scrub
    He's never been a scrub. He just hasn't been worth the pick or the contract.

20 points, 5 boards, 3.5 assists, 1 block, 1 steal and a .500 eFG% is not a scrub.

So an interesting development that was brought to my attention via a youtube video. The draft has been moved back to late November, but the trade esception is STILL scheduled to expire On October 24th. A lot of the trades being discussed using the trade exception involved swapping draft picks and a player. The timing of this and the uncertainty of the upcoming years financial situation make the trade exception harder to negotiate. I personally think they should move back the expiration atleast until the cap numbers come out.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    So an interesting development that was brought to my attention via a youtube video. The draft has been moved back to late November, but the trade esception is STILL scheduled to expire On October 24th. A lot of the trades being discussed using the trade exception involved swapping draft picks and a player. The timing of this and the uncertainty of the upcoming years financial situation make the trade exception harder to negotiate. I personally think they should move back the expiration atleast until the cap numbers come out.
    Supposedly the NBPA and NBA have agreed to change the FA date too (which changes the TPE expiration date). For some reason we don't know what the new date is.

The TPE trades of draft picks don't have to be directly involved with the draft, and I seem to recall there is a specific issue if they try to trade a drafted player rather than the pick when the time comes.

Certainly this is a complicated and critical offseason.

Supposedly the NBPA and NBA have agreed to change the FA date too (which changes the TPE expiration date). For some reason we don't know what the new date is.

The TPE trades of draft picks don't have to be directly involved with the draft, and I seem to recall there is a specific issue if they try to trade a drafted player rather than the pick when the time comes.

Certainly this is a complicated and critical offseason.
    I think they can trade the drafted player up until he signs his contract. The TPE can not be combined with a player to up the amount coming back (Although- thats often how the TPE is created in the first place). For example- If the warriors wanted to get a player worth 21-22 million a year, they could not trade Looney with the TPE. Also- I dont know if there is any wiggle room if the player being acquired is slightly above the tpe amount.

I think they should atleast use the TPE to go after an expiring contract like Rudy Gay or Schroeder if they cant figure anything else out. My Ideal pick up would be Norman Powell or Will barton (Assuming the Nuggets are going to be paying G harris and m porter jr. and raptors are going to be paying Fred van Fleet).

Im not big on the Aaron Gordon idea......

I think they can trade the drafted player up until he signs his contract. The TPE can not be combined with a player to up the amount coming back (Although- thats often how the TPE is created in the first place). For example- If the warriors wanted to get a player worth 21-22 million a year, they could not trade Looney with the TPE. Also- I dont know if there is any wiggle room if the player being acquired is slightly above the tpe amount.

I think they should atleast use the TPE to go after an expiring contract like Rudy Gay or Schroeder if they cant figure anything else out. My Ideal pick up would be Norman Powell or Will barton (Assuming the Nuggets are going to be paying G harris and m porter jr. and raptors are going to be paying Fred van Fleet).

Im not big on the Aaron Gordon idea......
    I think there are additional flexibilities for an un-used pick vs the player even before they have signed.

I think there may be some ability to get the trading team to absorb some contract money.

I think they should use the TPE on the best youngest player they can get. Marcus Smart would be amazing and he would just fit ... though the Celtics probably value him too much. Oubre would probably be pretty good too, don't know about his fit.

They also have the TPMLE

I think there are additional flexibilities for an un-used pick vs the player even before they have signed.

I think there may be some ability to get the trading team to absorb some contract money.

I think they should use the TPE on the best youngest player they can get. Marcus Smart would be amazing and he would just fit ... though the Celtics probably value him too much. Oubre would probably be pretty good too, don't know about his fit.

They also have the TPMLE
    I dont think we would get marcus smart without trading that number 2 pick with the tpe. Would you trade the number 2 pick and a 2nd rounder for marcus smart, the 14th and the 26th pick?

I dont think we would get marcus smart without trading that number 2 pick with the tpe. Would you trade the number 2 pick and a 2nd rounder for marcus smart, the 14th and the 26th pick?
    It depends on whether the Celtics are looking to cut salary.

I'd consider that trade, but I'd rather get more in return or send less out.

One thing that doesn't get talked about very much around the Warriors and the #2 is that they see it as a rare chance at finding a legit star player. The number of drafts with no stars drafted at all is probably just a handful, so there is almost certainly a star in this draft and they'd like to pick him (whoever it is).

That said, Smart is an undersized, poor shooting player toward the end of his prime ... so is he worth the shot at a star?

It depends on whether the Celtics are looking to cut salary.

I'd consider that trade, but I'd rather get more in return or send less out.

One thing that doesn't get talked about very much around the Warriors and the #2 is that they see it as a rare chance at finding a legit star player. The number of drafts with no stars drafted at all is probably just a handful, so there is almost certainly a star in this draft and they'd like to pick him (whoever it is).

That said, Smart is an undersized, poor shooting player toward the end of his prime ... so is he worth the shot at a star?
    The trade would give you 2 later first round picks in the same draft- you still have a shot at a star LOL. A lot of people compare the uncertainty of star power in this draft to the 2013 draft. In that draft Giannis was taken 15th and rudy gobert was picked 25th or 26th I think??? LOL warriors would have 2 similar picks this yr AND smart

Marcus Smart on the Warriors believe it or not I could see it but you would have to give up the #2 overall pick to my Celtics in order to make that work

Marcus Smart on the Warriors believe it or not I could see it but you would have to give up the #2 overall pick to my Celtics in order to make that work
    Not gonna happen. The warriors will only move the pick if they get a star. Smart is a very good player and would be a great get but not at that cost.

I honestly believe they want to draft top end talent and not trade out. This past year has shown what happens to and old core when you 100% focus on the present.

Youth and talented youth changes that equation.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Not gonna happen. The warriors will only move the pick if they get a star. Smart is a very good player and would be a great get but not at that cost.

I honestly believe they want to draft top end talent and not trade out. This past year has shown what happens to and old core when you 100% focus on the present.

Youth and talented youth changes that equation.
    Problem is this is a weak draft with very little solid information. The chances of drafting an Anthony Bennet or a Shawn Bradley type player with a top pick are uncomfortably high. There just doesnt appear to be that super talented guy like lebron james, tim duncan, or even a derick coleman talent in this draft.

LOL- I could really see any of the potential top 3 players being average players or worse through out their careers. I didnt really see that as the case with Tim Duncan or Anthony Davis

Problem is this is a weak draft with very little solid information. The chances of drafting an Anthony Bennet or a Shawn Bradley type player with a top pick are uncomfortably high. There just doesnt appear to be that super talented guy like lebron james, tim duncan, or even a derick coleman talent in this draft.

LOL- I could really see any of the potential top 3 players being average players or worse through out their careers. I didnt really see that as the case with Tim Duncan or Anthony Davis
    And yet Tim Duncan and Anthony Davis could have been busts too. There were questions about both of them coming out.

What is almost certain is that there are stars in this draft ... the issue for the Warriors is finding them. It being hard just means it's hard to do, not that they can't.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast