Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1120
    Could you imagine Lauri playing with a good point guard, in a fast paced offense in college? As a 7ft PF? Easy 20 a game, even with the shorter clock, maybe player of the year. There might be 3, maybe 4 PF's in college who could slow him down. Coby was destroying NBA defenses at the end of last season, and it was a short season, but if he scored 25-30 a game the last 10 college games, you don't think he goes top 3? Lavine's a no brainer for me, super athlete who can rain threes and put the ball on the floor, game over.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-21-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Could you imagine Lauri playing with a good point guard, in a fast paced offense in college? As a 7ft PF? Easy 20 a game, even with the shorter clock, maybe player of the year. Coby was destroying NBA defenses at the end of last season, and it was a short season, but if he scored 30 a game the last 10 college games, you don't think he goes top 3? Lavine's a no brainer for me, super athlete who can rain threes and put the ball on the floor, game over.
    You said based on what they did last year. Who wants a 7 foot PF who is only standing in a corner shooting 34% at 3s?

I see what you're saying it's just kind of a weird debate and I'm probably looking way to much into it. I suppose his talent would probably put him in the top 3.

I'm also probably being hard and Lauri while he was put in a ****** role last year he was also advertised as a good shooter and the guy missed a ridiculous amount of open corner 3's he needs to be better used with his handles and ability to move but he still can't miss as much as he did thats not on boylen.

That's what I'm talking about. Not just stats really, but Lauri regressed last year. based on his first year, and not being under Boylen, posted up in the corner, would expect him to be better than his rookie year, which was pretty damn good. And NBA defenses are much tougher usually, he drove a lot more his first year and overseas, would expect to see the Finnisher a LOT more, lol! But no way some team doesn't gamble on his potential. Think Lauri broke a rookie record for NBA 3pt'ers, fastest to 100 3's made or something.

Like if I'm forced to choose between Lauri and Wiseman right now, think I pick Lauri. Anyway, just a game, pick your draft spots then!!
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-21-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    I'm also probably being hard and Lauri while he was put in a ****** role last year he was also advertised as a good shooter and the guy missed a ridiculous amount of open corner 3's he needs to be better used with his handles and ability to move but he still can't miss as much as he did thats not on boylen.
    Youíre not being hard on him. Coaching was an issue for sure, but Lauri missed a ton of open looks and just didnít play with any vigor. The fact is, he could and should have played better but didnít. Iím not saying coaching wasnít an issue. But I donít think that should absolve Lauri for underwhelming play either. Thereís a lot of things under your own control on the basketball court that go beyond coaching. Lauri just didnít play like a special talent last year. Not really debatable

We need the version of Lauri that showed up in the first game of last season in Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    We need the version of Lauri that showed up in the first game of last season in Charlotte.

If that version shows up, and LaVine and white do their thing. Plus PL. playoffs no doubt

A lot of Lauri's regression I'm putting on Boylen. Just asinine usage of him all year.

That being said, he has no excuses this year.

Looking at his body and skill set, how hard he worked to improve his body, no reason to think he won't be better than the best we've seen so far, which is pretty damn good. The added muscle is probably part of the reason his shot was not as good last year, he'll adjust. Lots' of bigs are dying in this new spot the big in the corner league. Kevin Love was probably on the way to a Hall of Fame career until he joined Cleveland, and Lauri didn't have a Hall of Fame driver/distributer passing him open looks.

Side note, are we pegging Coby White in a box too quick? The assumption seems to be he won't be a good distributor, but players get better at passing and seeing the floor. A good coach/mentor will help him learn to read defenses much more effectively.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 11-22-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    Looking at his body and skill set, how hard he worked to improve his body, no reason to think he won't be better than the best we've seen so far, which is pretty damn good. The added muscle is probably part of the reason his shot was not as good last year, he'll adjust. Lots' of bigs are dying in this new spot the big in the corner league. Kevin Love was probably on the way to a Hall of Fame career until he joined Cleveland, and Lauri didn't have a Hall of Fame driver/distributer passing him open looks.

Side note, are we pegging Coby White in a box too quick? The assumption seems to be he won't be a good distributor, but players get better at passing and seeing the floor. A good coach/mentor will help him learn to read defenses much more effectively.
    I think he will be just fine distributing. But I see him as more of a Jamal Murray type Scorer

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    A lot of Lauri's regression I'm putting on Boylen. Just asinine usage of him all year.

That being said, he has no excuses this year.
    I agree with this. I expect Lauri to be a lot better in a real offensive system.

People bashing Patrick for being knowing players have roles? Love that maturity and understanding from a 19 year old. Hard working, realist at that age, that's a great start mentally for a kid coming into the league.

I expect Lauri to be a lot better under Donovan as well. He seems softer mentally than some other guys, needs to be in a decent situation as a young guy. We have that now. He's a guy I would gamble on an early extension before the season at a reasonable rate. If he shows anything close to his potential it's a tradable deal at worst.

Who wouldíve thought a year ago that the Bulls would be the only team with a semblance of hope in Chicago? Other than the Sox obviously. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Who wouldíve thought a year ago that the Bulls would be the only team with a semblance of hope in Chicago? Other than the Sox obviously. Crazy.

I guess it's the Reinsdorf Era lol

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast