Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I think Anyone who thinks we wont fall in love with a player is kidding themselves. We dont know what this FO is going to do. If they will fall in love with any of these guys I could see them move. Thinking otherwise for any reason is only tricking yourself.

Like I have said I dont want it to happen. But This could be the one and only time for this new FO to get a guy this high either. IDK what convinces anyone its out of the realm of possibilities.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-22-2020 at 10:22 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Don't think falling in love with a player is the issue, although with a new GM, trading up is a huge risk on your first move. Unless they're moving up for Edwards, any of the other guys may very well be there at 4. In a normal draft the first three-four slots are usually pretty much known before the draft. They have way less information on players this year as well, and less contact, aren't most of the top prospects this year one and done, or Euro, or little to no college ball at all?

Of course it's possible, but very unlikely we move up from four, more likely we move down, at least imo.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 10-23-2020 at 08:02 PM.

If the Warriors want Avdija...it wouldn't surprise me if Anthony Edwards falls to the Bulls

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    There is just something in my gut that tells me the bulls FO is going to fall in love with Avdija. Maybe its the fact that we hired Karnisovas..... maybe its that we were doing loads of euro scouting pre loto. Maybe its the simi desperate need for a Wing.

and I like Avdija myself.... but not enough to trade up when it means a guy like Edwards.... Ball.... or Wiseman end up at #4. Even if we passed on them for Hayes i would be fine.

I have just heard loads of rumblings about the bulls trying to move up too which doesnt settle my feelings at all.

But even if y'all move up it ain't the worst thing in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    There is just something in my gut that tells me the bulls FO is going to fall in love with Avdija. Maybe its the fact that we hired Karnisovas..... maybe its that we were doing loads of euro scouting pre loto. Maybe its the simi desperate need for a Wing.

and I like Avdija myself.... but not enough to trade up when it means a guy like Edwards.... Ball.... or Wiseman end up at #4. Even if we passed on them for Hayes i would be fine.

I have just heard loads of rumblings about the bulls trying to move up too which doesnt settle my feelings at all.
    I'd absolutely pass on ball, he cant play defense like his brother, cant shoot like his brother and his pops will be around. Deni is a far better choice on and off the court than lamelo

I doubt Lavar will be around especially if the Bulls drafted Lamelo considering you hardly heard from Lavar when Lonzo started playing for the Pelicans. Lavar has been quiet as of late so I don't see that being a problem for the Bulls. But also you want someone that is transcendent or who has that ability to be transcendent and that is Lamelo Ball whether we like it or not.

IT would be different if Deni had torn up Europe, 16-20 a game, 10 bds or 8-10 assists, but betting the farm he's better than the other available players based on what he's shown so far is just crazy. Kind of move that colors your whole career if you're wrong, and your first move too. There is no player in this draft that has a clear enough advantage over the others available at 4 to justify giving up a first. In Chicago, after Trubisky and McDermott, you move up, you better be right.

Lamelo in Chicago would be the biggest thing since D Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Lamelo in Chicago would be the biggest thing since D Rose
    Lol

Define big. Rose was a franchise player. Ball may end up being a good starter

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I doubt Lavar will be around especially if the Bulls drafted Lamelo considering you hardly heard from Lavar when Lonzo started playing for the Pelicans. Lavar has been quiet as of late so I don't see that being a problem for the Bulls. But also you want someone that is transcendent or who has that ability to be transcendent and that is Lamelo Ball whether we like it or not.

this is like saying the dallas cowboys defense has a chance to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    IT would be different if Deni had torn up Europe, 16-20 a game, 10 bds or 8-10 assists, but betting the farm he's better than the other available players based on what he's shown so far is just crazy. Kind of move that colors your whole career if you're wrong, and your first move too. There is no player in this draft that has a clear enough advantage over the others available at 4 to justify giving up a first. In Chicago, after Trubisky and McDermott, you move up, you better be right.
    Sorry but none of what you said at the end matters. Entirely new staff and FO and it doesnt matter what other sports teams win or dont win in the city.

If sports franchises did what others did in sports every team in baseball would be just like and as good as the yankees over history. thats NOT the case.

I really hope they don't trade up but I'm going to trust the FO until they give me a reason not to. I'll gladly have one of Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, Killian, Deni, or Haliburton at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Sorry but none of what you said at the end matters. Entirely new staff and FO and it doesnt matter what other sports teams win or dont win in the city.

If sports franchises did what others did in sports every team in baseball would be just like and as good as the yankees over history. thats NOT the case.
    So you think it won't matter if our GM uses a next year first to draft Deni at 2, and Wiseman goes at 4 and wins rookie of the year, while Deni is buried on the bench behind Porter? You think GM's aren't held accountable for their mistakes, especially risky ones? Gm's get fired all the time for that. The fact that there is a new GM and coach means less leeway for mistakes, they haven't proven anything. It's not the only factor but it is a factor.

This is a wild guess draft class. The projected number one pick (Edwards) shot 40% and averaged less than 3 assists. There's one 20 point scorer projected in the top 10 (Toppin). Two projected top 5 picks played overseas and shot poorly (Avidja and Ball). Wiseman barely played at all. Anybody who says they know for SURE who the best guy is, is just full of themselves.

Honestly, seriously doubt any of these guys is a top 5-10 player in the league, a rookie's not saving us. A free agent acquistion/trade will lead us to the promised land, with this core, and we need to preserve assets.
    Last edited by infinity2152; 10-25-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    So you think it won't matter if our GM uses a next year first to draft Deni at 2, and Wiseman goes at 4 and wins rookie of the year, while Deni is buried on the bench behind Porter? You think GM's aren't held accountable for their mistakes, especially risky ones? Gm's get fired all the time for that. The fact that there is a new GM and coach means less leeway for mistakes, they haven't proven anything. It's not the only factor but it is a factor.

This is a wild guess draft class. The projected number one pick (Edwards) shot 40% and averaged less than 3 assists. There's one 20 point scorer projected in the top 10 (Toppin). Two projected top 5 picks played overseas and shot poorly (Avidja and Ball). Wiseman barely played at all. Anybody who says they know for SURE who the best guy is, is just full of themselves.

Honestly, seriously doubt any of these guys is a top 5-10 player in the league, a rookie's not saving us. A free agent acquistion/trade will lead us to the promised land, with this core, and we need to preserve assets.

No free agents are coming here if you arent good. So yeah you still have to find players other ways. Thats not just a gar/pax cant talk to free agents thing, its a YOU suck thing.

And our new guy is pretty fricking good at identifying overseas talent, he has a track record of it. Could he miss if thats the way he goes? Sure he could, its not the end of the world because nobody is getting it right 100% of the time. But hes not some towel boy like Eric Spoelstra or whatever he was when he got promoted. AK was already working in a front office and doing well at it.

Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast