Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1120
    I'm feeling really optimistic for this season. I look at how teams like the Nets and OKC competed without a ton of overall talent, but great coaching and teamwork. A team like Phoenix took a looooong time to put it together, but the young guys killed it in the bubble. Our guys are sooooo young, and they compete against 28 year old vets in their prime, vets like KD, Lebron, Harden. It takes time to get to that level, and great coaching really helps. I mean, Lauri's 23, and we act like one off year under Boylen puts him on notice, lol. He was 22!!! Wendell just turned 21, and people are writing him off. We have no idea what he'll be, he was 20 last time he played! I think Lavine is ready to be the man, and if Porter is healthy, we'll do DAMAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    I'm feeling really optimistic for this season. I look at how teams like the Nets and OKC competed without a ton of overall talent, but great coaching and teamwork. A team like Phoenix took a looooong time to put it together, but the young guys killed it in the bubble. Our guys are sooooo young, and they compete against 28 year old vets in their prime, vets like KD, Lebron, Harden. It takes time to get to that level, and great coaching really helps. I mean, Lauri's 23, and we act like one off year under Boylen puts him on notice, lol. He was 22!!! Wendell just turned 21, and people are writing him off. We have no idea what he'll be, he was 20 last time he played! I think Lavine is ready to be the man, and if Porter is healthy, we'll do DAMAGE.
    I like the optimism man. I'm with you, our young guys were put in reverse with Boylen. Think we could have an exciting team this year with Donovan. Not a contender by any stretch, but an annoying/fun playoff team. I think LaVine is a budding star and they better not trade him for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    JFC, I hate when videos take a century to get going. So much ******** verbiage in the beginning. Just get to the point already.
    Last edited by dyst; 11-30-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Compared to a lot of the guys Patrick Williams is being compared to, I'll admit he looks like a more fluid natural athlete. Some guys were more wiry and awkward. He seems to have fluidity in his movement.

It's amazing that with very little actual research, you can see Patrick Williams is an awesome prospect. Age, body, wingspan, skill set are amazing for a kid his age. You watch videos of him and he looks more likely to be a great player than just about anybody in this draft. Wings dominate this league, and having an athletic wing with ballhandling and defense that can shoot some now, and will most likely get better, you can't ask for more than that. I was with the people who thought we reached, but looking at him, I can't tell why he wasn't a higher rated prospect in the first place. Not starting on a college team as an 18 year old is not enough reason.

The development is just insane at that age man. Guy went from a bench guy in college, projected to be a late 1st, to the 4th pick with multiple teams trying to trade in for him.

He was very highly rated and thought of by the end of the draft process.

Sometime you get lucky, and the star potential you think you see in a guy comes to fruition. I remember after we drafted Jimmy Butler, I didn't know much about him. Then I watched him guard a couple stars in the NBA his rookie year and was like, if this guy can develop even the slightest offense, he might be special. I'm not at that point with Pat yet, but at the very least, it's a possibility he ends up really good.

Looking at how lean and fluid he looks in these practice videos, I get the feeling he will be plenty athletic to play the 3.

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475