Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1120

Iím fine with the Williams pick. It feels totally different having AK draft him for Donovan to develop. I feel like Iíd hate the pick if GarPax made it for Boylan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    Iím not gna pretend Iím excited for the pic. I was hoping for a trade up or down. At 4 I think I would have gone Hayes, but Williams was my next choice. I like his size (wingspan) and athleticism. I think combo forward w expected elite versatile defense is just what this team needs. Hopefully putting him btwn Lavine and Lauri he can help mask those two defensive limitations. I know it was HS, but previous PG experience hopefully helps w possible play making abilities. 84% free throw percentage is encouraging. He just seems like our guy thatís gna gaurd Greek the freak or Durant. If his offensive game develops he has the upside of a star!

My biggest concern was he came off the bench last year...pick # 4 🤷🏻*♂️.

Biggest reason for optimism, elite physical tools, but also a supposed hard worker. Gifted hard workers usually do well.

We shall see Iím not devastated with the pic. I would have disliked Toppin, Haliburton, and deni more. go bulls.
    Well Williams does have upside but more flaws in his game. I mean it can be corrected of course yes but I just see bust written all over him...I'm sorry

I think he will be a nice spark plug off the bench. Big difference from him and Shaq/Dunn/Arci. Dotson is a scorer

Iíd love to see Billy D pair Dotson with Sato off the bench.

Dotson Strengths:
    Scoring
    Driving
    Speed

Sato Strengths:
    Passing
    Size
    3PT Shooting

They kind of mix and match perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Iím fine with the Williams pick. It feels totally different having AK draft him for Donovan to develop. I feel like Iíd hate the pick if GarPax made it for Boylan.

1000%

Dotson is another unknown but hey the Bulls are making moves so

I'm warming up to Patrick Williams, it just doesn't excite me he'll be a defensive role player for his first few seasons. I wasn't really locked in on any player after the first 3 picks anyway.
    Last edited by I am Smart; 11-19-2020 at 10:32 AM.

The Wizards' missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Time to Youtube Williams. Seems young, is young. Weíll see
    Admittedly I'd say he looks about 30 yo already lol

The Wizards' missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by I am Smart View Post
    I'm warming up to Patrick Williams, it just doesn't excite me he'll be a defensive role player for his first few seasons. I wasn't really locked in on any player after the first 3 picks anyway.
    Thatís what Jimmy was his first few years too. I donít think that would necessarily be a terrible thing. Plus heís obviously a very, very good athlete and everyone raves about how hard he works (much like Jimmy). Major difference is heís much younger than Jimmy was.

He has time to develop here. We arenít really looking to compete for titles in the next few years anyway and we have invested a lot in development. Letís let that play out because the staff has a really intriguing piece of clay to mold in Williams.

Pretty clear they're prioritizing players with an already established defensive skill set and big upside offensively. That feels like the right approach with Donovan here. Just keep building around Zach and hopefully there's a strong enough foundation to keep him from leaving in a couple years.

I'm also glad they didn't trade Wendell. I think he's unfairly bashed here. Boylen was terrible for his development.

I won't pretend to know a lot about Williams, but getting a good athlete capable of checking 1-4 is pretty crucial in what's essentially a positionless league now.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-19-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Athleticism and Defense have to be the targets for us. Weíve lacked those 2 very important things for far too long.

While my choice wasnít Patrick Williams, Iíll trust the process for a few years. I get the feeling that with a whole new regime and system in place, Arty and friends see his rawness as something they can grow into exactly what they want. Patrick Williams doesnít sound like he even found his true game yet. Maybe they see that as an asset. People who Havenít found themselves are usually more willing to be taught.

This could obviously backfire, but we have to be patient. I know I will be.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    So does the draft means Coby White is our PG? Or are we going to run Sato with coby off the bench?

There was talk we viewed him as a 2 and wanted a pass first PG. IDK if i see options for that now?

It sure would be nice if we could get a true PG.

Maybe Devonte Greham could be available with the Hornets drafting Lamaello?

Would anyone trade Otto Porter for Mike Conley?
    Or Maybe Sato.... Thad and Felecio?
    Last edited by Kyben36; 11-19-2020 at 04:56 PM.

I saw Jordan Ford was picked up by the Clippers. Him and Dotson were the 2 I wanted us to take a flyer on after the draft. That dude was a great scorer for St Mary's. Super Clutch

Since Patrick is going to be playing for y'all come next month, as soon as the season starts, what chances do you give him as Rookie of the Year?

Do you guys see him as being a Top 5 or Top 10 superstar in the league in the next few years?

Or do you think he will be a perennial All Star or fringe All Star on this team?

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast