Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

2020 NBA Draft Thread

Heís nothing like Denzel for the fact he plays defense heís in the George Hill / Brog mold that he can play PG / SG . Heíll never can be a primary facilitator but heís an easy fit with majority players especially if you get a ball dominant star in the backcourt or even next to Lavine because they can take turns handling . Heís not worth it at 4 Imo but in a trade down 2-4 spots; he is high on a lot of teams boards tho so I see the allure With those plug and play guys that last long in the nba
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-29-2020 at 03:00 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Heís nothing like Denzel for the fact he plays defense heís in the George Hill / Brog mold that he can play PG / SG . Heíll never can be a primary facilitator but heís an easy fit with majority players especially if you get a ball dominant star in the backcourt or even next to Lavine because they can take turns handling . Heís not worth it at 4 Imo but in a trade down 2-4 spots; he is high on a lot of teams boards tho so I see the allure With those plug and play guys that last long in the nba
    You basically said exactly what I just said though? I never argued he didnt play defense....I Also said he was Better than Denzel... Defense being one of those ways. Athletically he is more gifted then Denzel But not exactly by much IMO. I personally wonder how much of a jump the NBA will be for him in terms of ability to create off the dribble. But you basically made my point for me. Dont we already have 2 of these in Coby and Arguably Lavine who came in as a PG. Neither are good enough to be primary facilitators. And Now we draft a 3rd guard who really cant be a primary facilitator?

Thats the reason I see him as the perfect fit for the Hawks though. Its the only team in the top 10 who already have that primary guy. And Considering how much of his scoring was from the 3pt line too (not necessarily generated by himself) I just dont see any way he can play the point.

I just think looking at the way he plays too alot of his assist are not.... How should i say.... Generated. Very similarly to the way Valentine was. He isnt breaking down defense. and creating like a PG should He isnt necessarily initiating offense even.

Maybe im wrong though and he can be an NBA PG. I just dont see it. I have more faith in Coby white developing PG skills then this kid.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

2020 NBA Draft Thread

Haliburton has better passing skills than Coby and I like Coby and I think heíll improve his playmaking but but he wonít even be to where you feel comfortable as a lead facilitator. And with all the reports coming out they see Coby as a SG more than a pint , NBA teams only allowed 10 workout and majority of the players have been Point Guards so far. Itís really where AK wants to do but a guy like Hali fits what Billy Donovan system just look at the three guard lineup he used in OKC so heís def not out of the question for us rather itís at 4 or a trade down . Just because he might have star potential doesnít mean he canít have a significant role on this team for years to come especially when everyone is going around saying this is a weak draft . Iím trusting the AK and will support whoever he takes outside of Obi

https://youtu.be/tOqX0JVXu3Q

https://youtu.be/gLfFf4vB-38
    Last edited by Stunner; 10-29-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Haliburton has better passing skills than Coby and I like Coby and I think heíll improve his playmaking but but he wonít even be to where you feel comfortable as a lead facilitator. And with all the reports coming out they see Coby as a SG more than a pint , NBA teams only allowed 10 workout and majority of the players have been Point Guards so far. Itís really where AK wants to do but a guy like Hali fits what Billy Donovan system just look at the three guard lineup he used in OKC so heís def not out of the question for us rather itís at 4 or a trade down . Just because he might have star potential doesnít mean he canít have a significant role on this team for years to come especially when everyone is going around saying this is a weak draft . Iím trusting the AK and will support whoever he takes outside of Obi

https://youtu.be/tOqX0JVXu3Q

https://youtu.be/gLfFf4vB-38
    If your looking to go for a 3 guard lineup.... thats fine. But i just dont see it with Halliburton. I really think like Denzel he is going to have struggles transition. I think Ball... or Hayes would be better suited if your looking to go guard

Speaking of which After watching this video I hate to say it I really am kinda falling in love with Hayes. Kinda like with Ball if he adds a 3pt shot.....look out.

https://youtu.be/Z31Mp5nq61c

Definitely wouldnít want to earn my living as a GM in this yearís draft. Good luck AK. This year is as tough as I can remember as a bulls fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Definitely wouldnít want to earn my living as a GM in this yearís draft. Good luck AK. This year is as tough as I can remember as a bulls fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Truly is one of the most difficult drafts to peg in a long long time.

I don't think we could go wrong with Haliburton or Hayes. I'd be extremely happy rolling into 2021 with:

Haliburton/Lavine/Otto/Lauri/Wendell
    White/Sato/Hutch/Thad/Gafford/2nd rounder

or

White/Lavine/Otto/Lauri/Wendell
    Hayes/Sato/Hutch/Thad/Gafford/2nd rounder

If that team is healthy and Billy D can get the most out of everyone, we should push for a playoff spot, and we should attract some big FA's in 2021.

As of right now I think this is my wishlist

1) Lamelo Ball- Im not Huge on Lemelo myself. But there is no doubt his upside is arguably the highest in the draft. He has size. Play making ability. IF his shot ever comes he will be great. If not you have to teach him not to take 8 3s per 36 minutes.

2) Killian Hayes- I dont have him behind Lamelo by much, In fact Earlier in the offseason I would have had Hayes above Ball. But The one thing I Dont like him for is he is a little too left hand dominate for me. However This can obviously grow with time too. But Very similar to Ball. He has all the offensive ability to create a shot for himself and play making ability for others. You hope his 3pt shot develops a bit but the FT% indicates it should.

3) Deni Avdija - I know Some in here dont exactly love Avdija. But I think a Real 3 with play making skills like he has is more rare than anyone is willing to admit. And Personally a play maker is the #1 thing this bulls team needs. And if its at a position of need like the 3 is clearly I dont know how you can not take him.

4) Anthony Edwards- Edwards IMO is the best player in this draft. But he is a pure 2 guard if I have ever seen one. Unless your willing to move on from Lavine. I dont see the fit with Edwards. That said. IF the other 3 are taken. You cant pass on Edwards and you figure it out later. He is too good to pass on at 4.

5) James Wiseman - Some in here love Wiseman. This is one that I am just too scared of. His short sample size. He rellies a ton on his physical dominance in those games. However he he does have really high upside. The problem is this is a guard dominated league. And I just see a really high chance that Wiseman ends up Hassan Whiteside. Which isnt bad. But Hassan Whiteside isnt winning you any Championships. But I would definitly take him over

6) Obi Toppin- I think Obi is going to end up being a mini version of Blake Griffin. But I dont know if that is good enough in this league. His lack of defensive ability is killer IMO. And he is a smaller 4 so if you pair him with Wendel Rebounding becomes a major issue. especially since he isnt a good rebounding. Honestly I feel like you should take him off your board with this team. However I also think his tallent is too much to pass up. But if we sat at 6 and the other 5 guys were off the board and you did pass on him. I would not blame you

7) Aaron Nesmith - This may seem like a reach. But there is something I love about Nesmith. Honestly I would not be surprised if looking back at this draft Nesmith isnt a guy who ends up very similar to how Klay Thompson did. He isnt as good of a passer as Klay. But he is a great off ball guy. Elite level shooter. And his Defense isnt bad either. Honeslty I am not sure why he isnt considered higher on draft boards

8) Devin Vassell- He is going to have a solid career. The question is his upside and if he can reach it. However I could easily see him just being a Mikal Bridges Type... which has value... But I am not willing to bet he is more than that. Especially considering he is a sophmore and has not flashed enough of that ability consistently.

9) Isaac Okoro- Okoro has a ton of upside dont get me wrong. But I dont trust his shooting at all. And without shooting the ball What do you really have? Name me a handful of guys who get consistent minutes at the 1-3 and cant shoot the ball. You cant. But if he puts it all together sure.... He will be a stud. I just dont know if he ever will. And I cant see in the first draft you taking a guy who I see as a more long term prospect either. But he is a good play maker for a 3 and GREAT defender.

10) Onyeka Okongwu - If this was 5-10 years ago. I think Okongwu is a top 5 pick. Problem is you cant have a 4 today who cant shoot. I dont know if he can really play the 5. And even if he can I know alot of people love Bam because of recency bias. But Bam Limits your offense. The thing Bam Does much like Jokim which made him viable is play make. And Okongwu does not have that (at least yet) I could just see a scenario where Okongwu ends up closer to Norlens Noel Than anyone wants to admit.

11) Tyrese Haliburton- I have had this debate before. I just dont see Haliburton as a 1. I dont know if he can create off the dribble well enough to be a real play maker on the nba level. I think his best attributes in the nba are his shooting which he rerely created for himself in Iowa and Defense. Problem is unlike say Vassel Haliburton is limited to a 1-2 and I just view Vasels Size as a major advantage.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Hayes is my guy I feel like his weaknesses are can be worked out his shooting has been inconsistent but I feel much better with his form than I do the other point guards who will have to rework their shots to succeed.

heís turn over prone but that could also be fixed seems like he forces passes because lack of talent around him .

His size, playmaking, effort defensively and ability to finish just seems like him and Coby could be a very nice combo together

Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast