Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1113
  1. #616
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,276
    He's also no Pat Riley or Danny Ainge, let's not go overboard on his rep, he has NO experience at his current job. And your point of nobody getting it right 100% of the time only emphasizes the risk of being so sure you got it right, that you trade a first round pick to move up a couple of spots. Lots of teams are using analytics to build their teams. A first round pick has great value. You're actually calculating that the player you pick at 2 is better than all the players available at 4, PLUS the value of that first, whether it's used to draft or trade for another player. Not saying it's never better to trade up, but in a draft with no players that stand out greatly, it's a greater risk than in a draft with a Zion/Ja Morant or Doncic/Trae Young, all of whom looked GREAT before the draft.

  2. #617
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Lamelo in Chicago would be the biggest thing since D Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I doubt Lavar will be around especially if the Bulls drafted Lamelo considering you hardly heard from Lavar when Lonzo started playing for the Pelicans. Lavar has been quiet as of late so I don't see that being a problem for the Bulls. But also you want someone that is transcendent or who has that ability to be transcendent and that is Lamelo Ball whether we like it or not.

    Do you know what transcendent means? I don't care about his dad. MJs dad was a huge part of his life too.

    You can't remotely compare Rose to Lamelo. Lamelo doesn't have anything close to Rose's natural athletic gifts. Lamelo's shooting woes are worse than Rose's coming out.

    The only reason LaMelo or Lonzo get the attention they did and have is because of their father. Not saying they wouldn't make the NBA, but the attention he got for them is the reason they're lottery picks IMO. Lavar should be drafted ahead of LaMelo for mid market teams that want to make money. The Ball family is a joke of their dad.

  3. #618
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Lamelo in Chicago would be the biggest thing since D Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    No free agents are coming here if you arent good. So yeah you still have to find players other ways. Thats not just a gar/pax cant talk to free agents thing, its a YOU suck thing.

    And our new guy is pretty fricking good at identifying overseas talent, he has a track record of it. Could he miss if thats the way he goes? Sure he could, its not the end of the world because nobody is getting it right 100% of the time. But hes not some towel boy like Eric Spoelstra or whatever he was when he got promoted. AK was already working in a front office and doing well at it.
    Ignorant as all hell and haven't been watching. Chicago is the 3rd largest market in the NBA. Gar/Pax and organizational direction have killed this team for 10+ years. If you think we aren't a destination with a competent front office and coaching staff, you are a bit slow. It's the same thing that's held NY back since Carmelo. Incompetence so great, players don't want to play in the Mecca. We are the 3rd/4th best basketball destination if you put Miami ahead of us, but we've been run by fools since the dynasty.

    You think FA go places because they are good? You think Durant and Kyrie signed in Brooklyn because they were good? Wake up.

  4. #619
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    8,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    I really hope they don't trade up but I'm going to trust the FO until they give me a reason not to. I'll gladly have one of Ball, Edwards, Wiseman, Killian, Deni, or Haliburton at 4.
    I'm actually staring to like Haliburton at 4. Take that with a grain of salt. I've also liked Toppin, Killian, Okoro, Okongu.

  5. #620
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Ignorant as all hell and haven't been watching. Chicago is the 3rd largest market in the NBA. Gar/Pax and organizational direction have killed this team for 10+ years. If you think we aren't a destination with a competent front office and coaching staff, you are a bit slow. It's the same thing that's held NY back since Carmelo. Incompetence so great, players don't want to play in the Mecca. We are the 3rd/4th best basketball destination if you put Miami ahead of us, but we've been run by fools since the dynasty.

    You think FA go places because they are good? You think Durant and Kyrie signed in Brooklyn because they were good? Wake up.
    Who was our Kyrie, let alone KD this franchise signed before they got gifted Jordan? Like I said nobody is perfect and they will miss and thats okay but if there were time machines and you could go back and do it all over. Jordan to the Bulls would have NEVER happened.

    But, but LeBron was going to come here if only DRose reached out with his lips and touched his ding dong. And if you believe what that loser LeBron says about that free agency I have a number of bridges in Brooklyn you can purchase from me.

    And saying this franchise is a destination spot is a JOKE. Its almost a joke as calling the Knicks a premier franchise while they haven't won a MF thing in over 50 years. Only difference is the Knicks have 30 plus years on us in that regard.

    And Kyrie and KD teamed up to join a team that was just in the playoffs the year before.

    Im no fan of NYC having lived within an hour of it, actually liked Philly a whole lot better and have been to Chicago a few times. But comparing NYC to Chicago is a joke. Yeah it gets cold in NY in the winter, not CHI cold though.

    In NYC you are a short flight from Boston, Philly, DC, Baltimore, AC, etc....in Chicago you are a short flight away from Detroit, Indy, Milwaukee, Minny and STL, oh boy!!!!! In NYC you got beach front property in the jersey shore and the hamptons/LBI in chicago you have lake michigan, OH BOY. and yeah that stuff matters cause yeah even if its a short time they want to relax at home while jetting off place to place and spending their riches.

    Even if DWade was on the Celtics and Bosh was on the Heat and it was down to us because Rose kissed his *** and Miami for James's services it still would have been Miami, because its Miami.

  6. #621
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,276
    Man, I feel you! I'm liking a lot of guys at 4 too, think any of them could help this team. They don'y even have to be great until next year, just good. Then we have free agent money too. We could be in really good shape.

  7. #622
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,145
    Toppin at #4 makes sense

  8. #623
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Toppin at #4 makes sense
    How does Toppin compare with Tatum? I know it seems far fetched because what Tatumís become now and will still be but if you look at Tatumís game while he was at Duke wasnít putting up the type of numbers as Obi. Tatumís a much better ball handler and creator with the ball. He can get others involved. But Toppinís body type and some skill set reminds me of Tatum. If he could develop a handle he might be really good


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #624
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    8,066
    I won't be mad at all if we went the Toppin route. I think he's a perfect modern 4 and small ball 5 in the NBA.

  10. #625
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    49,818
    No defense Iíll pass , heís better suited to waste away in Cleveland or go to a better defensive team to hide his flaws

  11. #626
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    2,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken McNugz View Post
    Who was our Kyrie, let alone KD this franchise signed before they got gifted Jordan? Like I said nobody is perfect and they will miss and thats okay but if there were time machines and you could go back and do it all over. Jordan to the Bulls would have NEVER happened.

    But, but LeBron was going to come here if only DRose reached out with his lips and touched his ding dong. And if you believe what that loser LeBron says about that free agency I have a number of bridges in Brooklyn you can purchase from me.

    And saying this franchise is a destination spot is a JOKE. Its almost a joke as calling the Knicks a premier franchise while they haven't won a MF thing in over 50 years. Only difference is the Knicks have 30 plus years on us in that regard.

    And Kyrie and KD teamed up to join a team that was just in the playoffs the year before.

    Im no fan of NYC having lived within an hour of it, actually liked Philly a whole lot better and have been to Chicago a few times. But comparing NYC to Chicago is a joke. Yeah it gets cold in NY in the winter, not CHI cold though.

    In NYC you are a short flight from Boston, Philly, DC, Baltimore, AC, etc....in Chicago you are a short flight away from Detroit, Indy, Milwaukee, Minny and STL, oh boy!!!!! In NYC you got beach front property in the jersey shore and the hamptons/LBI in chicago you have lake michigan, OH BOY. and yeah that stuff matters cause yeah even if its a short time they want to relax at home while jetting off place to place and spending their riches.

    Even if DWade was on the Celtics and Bosh was on the Heat and it was down to us because Rose kissed his *** and Miami for James's services it still would have been Miami, because its Miami.
    Free agency before Jordan's time was not anything like it is today. Comparing it to today is silly.

    If you look at a lot of recent FA history, there are a lot of guys who have said they'd come here but something here stopped them. If you believe any of them, then having a competent front office and coaching staff for the the first time in 20 years would make a huge difference.

    Saying this is a destination isn't a joke. It's the 3rd largest market in the country. Endorsements, fan base size, major city are all major attractions for a star. It's why most major FA have entertained it while they didn't mid-market franchises.

    The Knicks aren't a premier franchise, but most players recognize it as basketballs mecca. They have one of the worst owners in sports and have had horrible front office direction since Dolan. They've got in their own way. If they were sold or had a decent front office without Dolan getting in the way, they'd be a top destination that players tried to go to like the Lakers.

    Kyrie and KD didn't go to the Nets because they were a middling playoff team. They went there because they had the cap space to sign both of them and their buddy DeAndre Jordan for way more than he was worth. They went there because cap space and it was New York. They've pushed a coach out already and are pushing for major roster changes to add a 3rd star. They didn't give a **** about the current roster. Think they do that in if Indiana had the cap space to make it happen? Nope.

    You think these guys care about an hour longer on a private jet for a flight? What rich athlete wants to spend time on the Jersey shore haha. Chicago burbs have plenty of rich areas on Lake Michigan that get cold just like the Hamptons. Once again, Chicago is the 3rd largest market for guys trying to make the most money they can.

    The reason players like Miami is because no state income tax and Pat Riley is still a huge draw. It's been pretty documented Wade was pushing the trio to Miami. It's pretty documented the Bulls didn't have a clear strategy to clear the necessary cap for all 3.

  12. #627
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,199
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    How does Toppin compare with Tatum? I know it seems far fetched because what Tatumís become now and will still be but if you look at Tatumís game while he was at Duke wasnít putting up the type of numbers as Obi. Tatumís a much better ball handler and creator with the ball. He can get others involved. But Toppinís body type and some skill set reminds me of Tatum. If he could develop a handle he might be really good


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly can't think of anything that reminds me of Tatum. I don't really see how they compare to each other at all. If you said Amare lite i'd agree but also have to remember Amare was in his 3rd season by the time he was Obi age. He's a guy I want the least of anyone who has been a potential mock pick to us.

  13. #628
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    No defense Iíll pass , heís better suited to waste away in Cleveland or go to a better defensive team to hide his flaws
    They say Toppin is the most NBA ready cuz they say he grown into his man body and in college he was pretty dominant...definitely could transition into the NBA if drafted by the Bulls

  14. #629
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    49,818
    Idc I donít want him

  15. #630
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    16,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Idc I donít want him
    Might as well have locked up Bobby Portis if you wanted an Obi Toppin.

Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •