23 ppg
    4.9 rpg
    82% FTA 4.5
    52% 3pt 8.2 attempts
    51% FG
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I worry about Abolishing the 1 and done rule. I think there are major questions with HS coming out that need to be answered before awarding them with ridiculous sums of money as nba players. I think there is a clear level of Tallent change from the HS to college level. and even if you forgo that route and go the euro or D league route..... its still a major step up from the HS level and helps with the evaluation process. I think there is also IMO some major worry about not being able to spot uncommitted players.... Not that they all are or would become so due to the money (though some might)... but there are surely those who dominate on the HS level simply because of size and athleticism.... where as Those who are working hard and good on the college level typically (not allways) seem to have good careers. One Example I would love to point out is BJ Mullens.... a guy who in HS was a top 5 recruit.... who looked like he could be the next Greg Oden... And Wasnt. I mean just from a Bulls history standpoint Does nobody remember the Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry draft where we took two HS who were supposed to be SHAQ and KG.

And just form a standpoint of Fairness. Why does the 1 and done rule in the NBA get so criticized but nobody wants to bring up the fact that College Football and the NFL have a 3 (2 in best case) year rule which is so much worse for players in terms of taking money from them. Is it because most realize that that time in the NCAA Football is used to develop and grow these players and prepare them for the NFL. Why is it not looked at similarly in basketball where in College your taught to run an actual system by a real coach.... and not just dominate based on the fact that your physically overwhelming other highschoolers. And if you disagree Look at this video and tell me you can really Evaluate Zion like this.

IDK. I get it though from the players standpoint. I think they should be reimbursed somehow. The NCAA does seriously capitalize on the players names and abilities. One thing I think should be mandated at a minimum is that players have the right to return to school and complete a degree. Some of these guys dont make it.... but they leave early thinking they will. I think at minimum the school needs to offer them a Full Ride even if they leave. and FWIW maybe this is already the case.... but my gut says its not. Also the opportunity for payment should be available. IDK exactly how... But I wont pretend its fair what the NCAA does to these athletes.

But I think its reasonable to consider there to be concern with the idea. I mean fwiw.... how many guys who have gone overseas or through the D league actually have ended up being able to showcase themselves as well as they could have in college?

FWIW.... I would love to see them Increase the number of years rather than Decrease it. It would make college basketball so much better..... instead of seeing guys just run off to the pros.... gives you more evaluation tape. And it could also help spread out tallent so as opposed to everyone signing at say DUKE every year.... maybe guys choose to play elsewhere because they wont get a chance to start year 1 at duke. IDK.
    I tend to agree with you on most of these points. I think if players are allowed to enter the NBA straight from HS, the NBA in general is going to be a worse product. Weve seen it in the past with guys coming out of HS. Baseball and football both see the importance of a farm system/multi year college system to develop the player, and ultimately become a part of a strong league. Im not sure why the NBA is becoming more opposed to this.

Im not saying college is necessarily the end all be all answer in terms of transitioning to the NBA, but certainly some type of developmental/euro league or even the NCAA would make for a better NBA product. Lebron James is an outlier. Usually guys coming out of HS are not ready to really contribute in a meaningful way.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I tend to agree with you on most of these points. I think if players are allowed to enter the NBA straight from HS, the NBA in general is going to be a worse product. Weve seen it in the past with guys coming out of HS. Baseball and football both see the importance of a farm system/multi year college system to develop the player, and ultimately become a part of a strong league. Im not sure why the NBA is becoming more opposed to this.

Im not saying college is necessarily the end all be all answer in terms of transitioning to the NBA, but certainly some type of developmental/euro league or even the NCAA would make for a better NBA product. Lebron James is an outlier. Usually guys coming out of HS are not ready to really contribute in a meaningful way.
    I agree. even if you say the nba implements a high end D league where players are paid for high end prospects. still think its worth doing to get a better feel for the prospects ability vs more level Compitition. How they respond to coaching. If they can play team basketball or that one on one BS you see from at least a handful of guys at your local gym.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I hope to god we stay away from Lamelo ball. There is something fundamentally wrong with the way the Ball family was taught to play basketball. He is so similar to Lonzo..... in that despite being just an OK at best (shooting low 70s from the FT line and 25% from 3) He is jacking 7 3s a game in Euroleague. He plays like steph despite being closer skill wise to Kris Dunn. his 2% % also seriously sucks for a 6'7 PG.

God i hope the knicks take him.

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/deniavdia8/statu...615918082?s=21

https://youtu.be/wM2muYg5OBE

Neee

https://twitter.com/barstoolbets/sta...569181190?s=21

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/1...924782080?s=21

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...879392257?s=21

A Little Breakdown of some draft prospects

Anthony Edwards
    Easily the best player in this draft. Should go #1. But in a typical year he is closer to a #3 type of value guy.

James Wiseman
    Over Rated. Not that he is a bad prospect. But his 3 game sample size with two vs really small schools is not exactly going to convince me of much. He was 6" Taller than any guy on SCSU which is why he oppend with 28. Vs Oregon he didnt look as dominate which is what I expect. Good... High upside. But closer to Norlens Noel than Anthony Davis IMO

Obi Toppin
    Safest Player in the draft behind Edwards. Remind me of Aaron Gordon. Should be a solid pro but I dont expect him to be great either.

Lamello Ball
    Lonzo Ball Clone. Some wont like this but he is a guy who has been taught to play like Curry Despite being closer to Kris Dunn as a shooter. 7 3s a game shooting 25%. FT % barely over 70%. He will be polarizing though as a player.

Deni Avdija
    A Guy i Originally really liked but i have come to have concerns about him. Has some good Film but Why is this guy not getting minutes? Only 14 MPG is a really soft sample size. people want to compare him to Luka if they want but Luka Was playing Major minutes for his team in Europe before he got drafted. I Would not be upset but i have my worries Maybe Deni is just a year early and needs an extra year or a bit of time.

Onyeka Okongwu
    Good Defender..... Switchable.... But Im not sure about the upside with him. A Little undersized for an NBA 5 and with the leagues move to smaller basketball and spreading the floor he doesnt fit that either. Ive mentioned Noel before but Okongwu seems similar. Maybe a bit stronger so could stay on the than Noel But could just have trouble finding a true nba spot.

Overall Week at Wing

Outside of Deni I dont see anyone I am in love with. A few 3 and D guys but nobody catches my eye having much upside. Maybe Vassell But If I was to bet on a Wing Jaden Mcdaniels would be my guy behind Deni. He will have a tough time adjusting to the nba..... but he could be a more Raw Brandon ingram if things come together for him.

DEEP at PG/G
    I dont think its nessisarily a huge need ( I like White at and Lavine at Guard) But boy is this class rocking with deep potential here.
    Outside of Lamelo and Edwards who I expect as top 5 picks.
    Hayes
    Haliburton
    Lewis
    Anthony
    Nesmith
    Maledon
    Maxey
    Mannion
    Terry
    Jones

All have potential to be good NBA players. Would not mind grabing one

Aleksej Pokusevski
    One of my favorite players in the draft. I have seen him range from anywhere from fringe 10 to 2nd round.... Something tells me he slides up boards by draft time. A 7 Footer With Range and play making ability is going to draw alot of eyes. He is also the youngest player in the draft. The upside is there with this kid. I would not be surprised if he ends up our pick though with the way Arturas likes passing bigs.

-Rem Koolhaas

https://youtu.be/tOqX0JVXu3Q

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/sta...157411841?s=21

2020 Draft Thread

My sleeper

https://youtu.be/oMbz2bYfUoE

https://twitter.com/draftexpress/sta...742146560?s=21