Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well in Toronto he was approached by people a lot in public so you really think that will change in LA where the ultimate spotlight is on you...paparazzi and what not in your face at any moment? Yeah I understand media availability is a part of the job but there are some athletes who just hate the media
    I meant being approached in public is not point of the story. He's not meeting his contractual work obligations. I hate going to meetings. Doesn't mean I can tell my employer that I'm not going to them

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    It is selfish and self absorbed. He gets paid very very well and this is part of his job. The people waiting for him also have families and lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is true but then again Kawhi all he cares about at the end of the day is this team but also his family and yeah he may care about himself but at the same time these days most NBA players in this league are selfish and self absorbed so what is you sayin like

He's not a prick, lol his body comes before answering silly questions. If the NBA doesn't like that he goes over the allotted 45 minutes, then fine him or suspend him.

Its not new nor a big deal. The dude got cleared and still sat out for the Spurs, only playing 9 total games. He missed 22 games for the Raptors last season. He's doing what works best for him not sure why a lot of you are knocking him for it.

Last night, I had thought Ramona said 1 hour on the ESPN pre-tip show, not 3, but I could be mistaken and I for sure didn't hear the radio show being referenced.

This article says he took 86 minutes https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/cli...185047604.html

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    He's not a prick, lol his body comes before answering silly questions. If the NBA doesn't like that he goes over the allotted 45 minutes, then fine him or suspend him.

Its not new nor a big deal. The dude got cleared and still sat out for the Spurs, only playing 9 total games. He missed 22 games for the Raptors last season. He's doing what works best for him not sure why a lot of you are knocking him for it.

Last night, I had thought Ramona said 1 hour on the ESPN pre-tip show, not 3, but I could be mistaken and I for sure didn't hear the radio show being referenced.

This article says he took 86 minutes https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/cli...185047604.html
    My exact stance

My exact stance
    Same. It’s always dumbass questions anyways. I get it it’s part of the CBA but to get all fussy about this is moronic. Go talk to the players who played in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean put it in perspective. What does sports media do? Spin stories? Put words in your mouth? Put out articles about who you’re dating ? Who your baby mother is? And why you decided to date someone else ? (Tristian Thompson)

Or how about when they attack your integrity because you’re more concerned about health, treatment etc then to go and answer their questions?

Honestly I know they have a job to do but a guy who takes his health seriously for the betterment of his season can’t be scrutinized for making the media wait. Priorities priorities.

There’s a whole roster of other players to talk to, and if kawhi really is injured and didn’t play he has 0 obligation to speak to them that day.

Personally I hate Toronto sports media because all they really care about is hockey so I’m biased towards them all together lol

So what? I mean really so what? Does every NBA player who is elite caliber like Kawhi have to talk to the media if they don't want to? I mean it isn't like he is trying to win a popularity contest for all y'all out here. For me, personally Kawhi all he cares about is winning titles and just playing basketball. He lets his actions do his talking for him out there on the court. He's a quiet guy like there's nothing wrong with that. Personally I'm the exact same way in public. I don't like being approached by anyone unless that person is a friend or family. Get me in a room of people and I'm the exact same way as Kawhi. Kawhi has an image, a mystique, an aura about him. He wants to maintain that like really what's so wrong with that?
    So he would be okay making say ..... $5-10 mil a year right? I mean it's all about playing ball and winning, right?

He doesn't have to abide to collective bargaining agreement rules and his player contract, right?

Is this after games he doesn't play? I don't see the issue if he hadn't played.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Is this after games he doesn't play? I don't see the issue if he hadn't played.

Have you ever seen a player give a postgame interview after not playing that game.

What are you talking about dude?

Of course we talking about postgame interview after playing in a game.

THINK!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Have you ever seen a player give a postgame interview after not playing that game.

THINK!
    Lol

Players have talked to the media after games they hadn't played. I can recall Lowry doing one last year.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post

THINK!
    Well that’s his point. In this instance Kawhi didn’t play that game therefor there’s no obligation.

They showed a shot of Kawhi/PG last night and the crowd booed them lol, he’s probably sour tbh.

I figured this was an issue because Kawhi sat due to load management and the media wanted to talk to him.

If this is apparent after games he has played, then yes he should be talking to the media.

In Toronto he wasn't always available and it wasn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Lol

Players have talked to the media after games they hadn't played. I can recall Lowry doing one last year.

You’re right, and in this case Kawhi did talk to the media (when he didn’t have to) but he did make them wait (they didn’t have to) they could speak to the players available and move on to the next game. But Ms Shelbourne probably missed her “love and hip hop” episode so she’s making a stink lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You’re right, and in this case Kawhi did talk to the media (when he didn’t have to) but he did make them wait (they didn’t have to) they could speak to the players available and move on to the next game. But Ms Shelbourne probably missed her “love and hip hop” episode so she’s making a stink lol

Yeah I'd get it if he played that night but there seems to be no point of waiting three hours for him if he didn't play.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast