Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Ramon Shelburne: Kawhi Makes the Media Wait 3 hours following Postgame

Today on 710 ESPN on the Mason & Ireland show, Ramona Shelburne (Momo) came out and said that Kawhi goes thru re-hab and treatment after every single game for 3 hours and then opens the door to the media. Meaning unlike other NBA players, he has the license to shaft the media and make them wait for 3 hours. This, according to Shelburne, goes against the Collective Bargaining Agreement in terms of players-media obligations.

Do you guys think that with Load Management and now this whole postgame opening up to the media after 3 hours that Kawhi is high maintenance? Or does he just realize that he controls the league like no other and feels he is actually the best player in the world?

Thoughts

I think heís just a prick.

He doesnít like talking to the media. He has a tendency of coming out of media sessions as the butt of jokes. I think he wants to make sure he protects his image and builds it to his liking. So I think heís doing his best to avoid the media.

So what? I mean really so what? Does every NBA player who is elite caliber like Kawhi have to talk to the media if they don't want to? I mean it isn't like he is trying to win a popularity contest for all y'all out here. For me, personally Kawhi all he cares about is winning titles and just playing basketball. He lets his actions do his talking for him out there on the court. He's a quiet guy like there's nothing wrong with that. Personally I'm the exact same way in public. I don't like being approached by anyone unless that person is a friend or family. Get me in a room of people and I'm the exact same way as Kawhi. Kawhi has an image, a mystique, an aura about him. He wants to maintain that like really what's so wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    So what? I mean really so what? Does every NBA player who is elite caliber like Kawhi have to talk to the media if they don't want to? I mean it isn't like he is trying to win a popularity contest for all y'all out here. For me, personally Kawhi all he cares about is winning titles and just playing basketball. He lets his actions do his talking for him out there on the court. He's a quiet guy like there's nothing wrong with that. Personally I'm the exact same way in public. I don't like being approached by anyone unless that person is a friend or family. Get me in a room of people and I'm the exact same way as Kawhi. Kawhi has an image, a mystique, an aura about him. He wants to maintain that like really what's so wrong with that?
    Yes they do have to talk to the media. Itís part of their job. Heís a prick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yeah, I donít really feel bad for the media. If youíre dumb enough to wait three hours for his one word answers thats on you lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah, I donít really feel bad for the media. If youíre dumb enough to wait three hours for his one word answers thats on you lol
    if you are paid to cover the clippers you donít have a choice. The guy is a dick

Kawhi gets away with everything lol. He makes his own schedule during the regular season and after games.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kawhi gets away with everything lol. He makes his own schedule during the regular season and after games.
    Really what is so wrong with that

He's not being approached by people in public. Media availability is a part of his job.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    He's not being approached by people in public. Media availability is a part of his job.
    Well in Toronto he was approached by people a lot in public so you really think that will change in LA where the ultimate spotlight is on you...paparazzi and what not in your face at any moment? Yeah I understand media availability is a part of the job but there are some athletes who just hate the media

Whatís the minimum time? Like 5 minutes? Is knee treatment that important?

Also was this after a game he played or didnít? You donít have to do media if youíre hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Whatís the minimum time? Like 5 minutes? Is knee treatment that important?

Also was this after a game he played or didnít? You donít have to do media if youíre hurt.
    Well it is if you are trying to stay healthy because with Kawhi there's always going to be that risk

Well it is if you are trying to stay healthy because with Kawhi there's always going to be that risk
    Most treatments start with heat or ice. Canít make it to the podium for the time with ice? Seems as though they are using treatment as an excuse to not have him out in front.

Ramon Shelburne: Kawhi Makes the Media Wait 3 hours following Postgame

Really what is so wrong with that
    It is selfish and self absorbed. He gets paid very very well and this is part of his job. The people waiting for him also have families and lives.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast