Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Does anyone even care about these post game questions besides the reporters?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This is why I've always said Kawhi's never going to be a superstar. He's a great player, but he's never going to transcend to stardom with the way he deals with people and with his expectations for how other people should treat him.
    Thats if you have a very shallow definition of superstar. I only care about how he handles the team and the court. The media can suck my dick

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Does anyone even care about these post game questions besides the reporters?
    Only the dunning krugers of the world

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I mean he is a super star, albeit a very high maintenance one
    Ill take a non superstar by his arbitrary standards if it means hes a top 20 (possibly 10) player (With legit comps to MJ) by the end of it. Why would anyone be dumb enough to care about the media?

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This. As a journalist myself, stuff like this really pisses us off. Journalists have lives and families, too, and are just trying to do their jobs. And the man gets paid an absurd amount of money to play a game; he can wait on his rehab to do a 5-minute interview. And he's supposed to, per the CBA.

If he keeps doing this, the league needs to fine him. Period.
    Nah, as Pops said, he has an obligation to winning, not with the NBA nor its leeches.

Fine them all you want, you guys aint tasting that money. **** the media

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The fine wasn't for Kawhi resting. It was for inconsistency within the organisation on why he didn't play the first night of a back to back.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...waukee%20Bucks.

"Leonard sat out the first of a back-to-back set of games for the second time this season on Wednesday night when the Clippers lost to the Milwaukee Bucks. The NBA made it clear that the Clippers were compliant with league rules in the team's decision to sit the All-Star for load management of a knee injury."

As you read, it says they were within league rules to rest Kawhi and were compliant.

He had 2 days off and rested the first night of a back to back to make it 3 days in a row of rest. Then played the following night in the 2nd game of the back to back.

Further on it "The team has reasonably determined that Leonard is suffering from an ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee and has been placed by the team at this time on an injury protocol for back-to-back games."

Those of you upset with this guy is pretty obtuse. You want him to play hurt because you spent your hard earned cash. Well, too bad, he wants to be able to walk when he's old and not limp, for your guys entertainment.

Wanna guaraentee you get the team you're paying for? Go to a playoff game.

These dudes report to camp in September and the end goal for all 30 teams is to raise the trophy in June. Yet you all are griping about regular season games in the first part of the season, very odd.

This guy came back early with the Spurs and then hurt himself again that season. He sat 22 games last season and won a title. There is obviously history here. Kawhi has a formula and it works for him. If you don't like it, don't be a fan of his or any team he's on, it's pretty simple. If you are a fan, just appreciate that your team is most likely headed to the finals this season and Kawhi will be healthy enough to hoist ya the trophy.
    There are insurance companies that will prop up to ensure you get to see the star as a result of this. To me, thats more valid than any ****boi/blogboi media corps. **** them , all that matters is WINNING and CRUSHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Does the CBA indicate he isn't allowed to talk to the media or he isn't allowed to make them wait.
    The CBA says 45 minutes is the longest they can make the media wait.

But I agree, who cares? The media aren't trying to win titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nah, as Pops said, he has an obligation to winning, not with the NBA nor its leeches.

Fine them all you want, you guys aint tasting that money. **** the media
    Yeah, "**** the media" is a real original take in 2019. And it's a ******** take. Reporters are just doing their jobs, dude. And if you don't like it, don't read their stories and don't watch their segments. No one's forcing you to.

But if you want to make millions of dollars by putting a ball in a hoop, interviews are part of the job. It takes all of five minutes to sit up there and answer softball questions after a game. And if you have a problem with it, take it up with the owners and players association who both agreed it was part of the job.

The more I read about this two things become VERY evident:
    #1 Shelburne really over exaggerated how long it took.
    #2 Shelburne has written a few "hit" pieces on Kawhi since he chose the Clippers and it came out the Lakers strung themselves out.

I think she's got an axe to grind with Kawhi since she spearheaded the "Kawhi is a Laker, it's done" train, and was the one coming up with the 500 different ways they could get AD and Kawhi and still have cap for another 1-2 impact level players.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Ill take a non superstar by his arbitrary standards if it means hes a top 20 (possibly 10) player (With legit comps to MJ) by the end of it. Why would anyone be dumb enough to care about the media?
    F the media.. all they do is spin stories and stir the pot. I view Kawhi as a top 3 player probably the best in the league along with Giannis. I don't think they're any question he is a super duper star

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The more I read about this two things become VERY evident:
    #1 Shelburne really over exaggerated how long it took.
    #2 Shelburne has written a few "hit" pieces on Kawhi since he chose the Clippers and it came out the Lakers strung themselves out.

I think she's got an axe to grind with Kawhi since she spearheaded the "Kawhi is a Laker, it's done" train, and was the one coming up with the 500 different ways they could get AD and Kawhi and still have cap for another 1-2 impact level players.
    Yeah I posted a couple pages back she's probably upset because she missed her love and hip hop episode or something, she's but hurt and not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Yeah, "**** the media" is a real original take in 2019. And it's a ******** take. Reporters are just doing their jobs, dude. And if you don't like it, don't read their stories and don't watch their segments. No one's forcing you to.

But if you want to make millions of dollars by putting a ball in a hoop, interviews are part of the job. It takes all of five minutes to sit up there and answer softball questions after a game. And if you have a problem with it, take it up with the owners and players association who both agreed it was part of the job.
    I hear what you're saying but, after a game he didn't play what were they going to ask him? Are you injured, is this load management, are you playing next game? Really the post game interview should be about the game. He didn't play that game so what was the need to interview him? They could interview lou, bev, trez and move on to the next game. Then when Kawhi does play they can interview him after that game.

I know you're a media guy and I don't mean any disrespect to you I'm sure you're great at your job. And I always enjoy conversing with you. But most basketball insiders are full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The CBA says 45 minutes is the longest they can make the media wait.

But I agree, who cares? The media aren't trying to win titles.
    I actually didn't know that, that's interesting

I mean he is a super star, albeit a very high maintenance one
    Superstar means they transcend their sport and are generally known. That's not Kawhi. He's just not enough of a personality to do that.

Yeah if you’re a top 10 player in the league you’re automatically a super star. He’s arguably the best along with Lebron and Durant. No question he is a super duper star
    Nope. It's essentially impossible to be a superstar and not be a top 10 player, but you have to be big with media and the casual public to go to that top level.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast