Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm torn. It's kind of a dick move, but those post-game pressers are also pretty useless. I wonder if he could tweet or live-stream some post-game takes while in treatment.

Should have joined the Lakers and let LeBron and AD do the talking.

Kawhi is the new golden child of the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Do you guys think that with Load Management and now this whole postgame opening up to the media after 3 hours that Kawhi is high maintenance?
    Perhaps. Either way, "load management" is ridiculous. If I bought tickets to see the Clippers play I'd be pissed when I arrived at the game to see that Kawhi or any other superstar was sitting on the sidelines healthy as an ox. And yes, I believe he's healthy as an ox.

Or does he just realize that he controls the league like no other and feels he is actually the best player in the world?
    I doubt those are his feelings about this.

OH, and I have no problem with him making the media wait.

Reeks of butt hurt. Ramona still has sour grapes from Kawhi making her and the rest of the Laker media look like idiots for all the stories they made up.

Ramona Shelburne has T-Rex arms.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I figured this was an issue because Kawhi sat due to load management and the media wanted to talk to him.

If this is apparent after games he has played, then yes he should be talking to the media.

In Toronto he wasn't always available and it wasn't an issue.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    That’s because the Canadian reporters apologized to him when he was late.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That’s because the Canadian reporters apologized to him when he was late.
    Lmao 🤣

Looks like Doc lied about Leonard’s injury and was fined 50k for it. Why even put your coach in that position?

Now that we know Leonard is infact healthy, why does he need load management after having two full days off? And 6 games in to the season? Against a contending team? Something is not right with that picture!

Like Jordan said “you get paid to play 82 games”

If you’re a fan going to a Clippers game and Leonard sits out, does your ticket get discounted? Why not? Did you pay that much last year to watch Lou Williams?

The league needs to do something because we’re going to see more and more stars sitting out games, and that means as a fan you’ll be paying top dollar to watch the supporting cast play. Why go to games any more?

Hey man you get paid millions to play a game, don’t cheat the sport and don’t cheat the fans that allow you to make the wage that you do. This is going to hurt the league. A blind man could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Looks like Doc lied about Leonard’s injury and was fined 50k for it. Why even put your coach in that position?

Now that we know Leonard is infact healthy, why does he need load management after having two full days off? And 6 games in to the season? Against a contending team? Something is not right with that picture!

Like Jordan said “you get paid to play 82 games”

If you’re a fan going to a Clippers game and Leonard sits out, does your ticket get discounted? Why not? Did you pay that much last year to watch Lou Williams?

The league needs to do something because we’re going to see more and more stars sitting out games, and that means as a fan you’ll be paying top dollar to watch the supporting cast play. Why go to games any more?

Hey man you get paid millions to play a game, don’t cheat the sport and don’t cheat the fans that allow you to make the wage that you do. This is going to hurt the league. A blind man could see it.
    You get paid for 82 games weather you play or not, lol

But seriously? There's an issue with a dude putting his health, his family and his team first? Sounds pretty absurd to me.

As a consumer, sure, it sucks. But there's always a risk when it comes to sporting events. As a consumer you're aware of that, especially with how the previous few seasons have went with players resting.

If it's a big enough deal, the NBA will fine or suspend guys. Otherwise I feel like its much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 11-08-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

But seriously? There's an issue with a dude putting his health, his family and his team first? Sounds pretty absurd to me.

As a consumer, sure, it sucks. But there's always a risk when it comes to sporting events. As a consumer you're aware of that, especially with how the previous few seasons have went with players resting.

If it's a big enough deal, the NBA will fine or suspend guys. Otherwise I feel like its much ado about nothing.
    Kawhi acting like he the first professional athlete to ever get injured. Everyone who has come before him has played thru some sort of ailment or pain, because yes it is about winning, but also because it's about playing the game you love, being an ambassador for the game, paying your due respect to the basketball gods and to Dr. James Naismith, the man who invented basketball, and to the consumers and fans who early an average of nearly $20/hr or so who try to scrap and claw and pay for those 300 section tickets only to see Ivica Zubac and Rodney McGruder.

Kawhi acting like he the first professional athlete to ever get injured. Everyone who has come before him has played thru some sort of ailment or pain, because yes it is about winning, but also because it's about playing the game you love, being an ambassador for the game, paying your due respect to the basketball gods and to Dr. James Naismith, the man who invented basketball, and to the consumers and fans who early an average of nearly $20/hr or so who try to scrap and claw and pay for those 300 section tickets only to see Ivica Zubac and Rodney McGruder.
    I don't disagree with anything you listed but ultimately, at the end of the day. None of that matters to a players legacy. It's all about rings. Kawhi wants to maximize his window to win championships, kudos to him. He also wants to be able to play ball with his son when he's older, very similar to what Rose said, if you recall. Again, kudos to him.

There's nothing really wrong with what he's doing. People just blowing things outta proportion, per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yes they do have to talk to the media. It’s part of their job. He’s a prick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. As a journalist myself, stuff like this really pisses us off. Journalists have lives and families, too, and are just trying to do their jobs. And the man gets paid an absurd amount of money to play a game; he can wait on his rehab to do a 5-minute interview. And he's supposed to, per the CBA.

If he keeps doing this, the league needs to fine him. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

Did you read the article that came out stating that Rivers got fined for saying Leonard was injured? Because he isn’t. And you just said “if it was a big enough deal the nba would fine guys”

This wasn’t a back to back game. He had two days off. And this is 6 games in to the season. Make of it what you will
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-09-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Did you read the article that came out stating that Rivers got fined for saying Leonard was injured? Because he isn’t. And you just said “if it was a big enough deal the nba would fine guys”

This wasn’t a back to back game. He had two days off. And this is 6 games in to the season. Make of it what you will
    The fine wasn't for Kawhi resting. It was for inconsistency within the organisation on why he didn't play the first night of a back to back.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...waukee%20Bucks.

"Leonard sat out the first of a back-to-back set of games for the second time this season on Wednesday night when the Clippers lost to the Milwaukee Bucks. The NBA made it clear that the Clippers were compliant with league rules in the team's decision to sit the All-Star for load management of a knee injury."

As you read, it says they were within league rules to rest Kawhi and were compliant.

He had 2 days off and rested the first night of a back to back to make it 3 days in a row of rest. Then played the following night in the 2nd game of the back to back.

Further on it "The team has reasonably determined that Leonard is suffering from an ongoing injury to the patella tendon in his left knee and has been placed by the team at this time on an injury protocol for back-to-back games."

Those of you upset with this guy is pretty obtuse. You want him to play hurt because you spent your hard earned cash. Well, too bad, he wants to be able to walk when he's old and not limp, for your guys entertainment.

Wanna guaraentee you get the team you're paying for? Go to a playoff game.

These dudes report to camp in September and the end goal for all 30 teams is to raise the trophy in June. Yet you all are griping about regular season games in the first part of the season, very odd.

This guy came back early with the Spurs and then hurt himself again that season. He sat 22 games last season and won a title. There is obviously history here. Kawhi has a formula and it works for him. If you don't like it, don't be a fan of his or any team he's on, it's pretty simple. If you are a fan, just appreciate that your team is most likely headed to the finals this season and Kawhi will be healthy enough to hoist ya the trophy.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast