Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 431 of 697 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 10455
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Pretty sure heís no ďsecret prospectĒ. If we all know about him, and thereís all kinds of articles/video on him easily accessable online, scouts know about him.

And thereís a ton of bust potential there. Very raw, very careless. Not a great shooter yet. So yes, worth a shot. But top 10? Nah. Iíd say thereís like a 15% chance youíre right, and an 85% chance heís a bum
    Well every single scout I listen to and read disagrees with you, and Iím quite certain they know more than you (or me or anyone here) do so thereís that.

People in the know actually say his bust potential is very low for a variety of reasons. Look into it a bit more and youíll see why. There actually really arenít many concerns or red flags on him at all other than the level of competition heís played against so far. But he simply looks special. At 18 and at his size he does things most simply canít do.

When I say ďsecretĒ prospect I simply mean overlooked. Iím sure teams know about him. Iím also sure teams ďknewĒ of Jokic yet somehow he went in the middle of the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Whatever regardless mia had the big 3 bos had ther big 3 and the west was stacked kawhi definitely put them over the hump

I'm not at all downplaying timmy Park manu but let's be real they were nowhere near their prime
    They were a 61, 50, and 58 win team before he contributed in a big way.

Weíre not downplaying his contributions, but that team was still one of the best without him and he was only a role player at the time. Tony Parker was an All Star that year. Duncan was an All Star the following year. Kawhi didnít even have an All Star season until two years after the championship.

You canít say he carried a team that he was maybe the third best player on. That was your argument about him and Durant. ďAt least Kawhi can carry a team to a championship by himself.Ē Thatís just false. Heís never done it ďby himselfĒ and last year was the first time he led a team to the Finals and won.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    They were a 61, 50, and 58 win team before he contributed in a big way.

Weíre not downplaying his contributions, but that team was still one of the best without him and he was only a role player at the time. Tony Parker was an All Star that year. Duncan was an All Star the following year. Kawhi didnít even have an All Star season until two years after the championship.

You canít say he carried a team that he was maybe the third best player on. That was your argument about him and Durant. ďAt least Kawhi can carry a team to a championship by himself.Ē Thatís just false. Heís never done it ďby himselfĒ and last year was the first time he led a team to the Finals and won.
    I'm not saying kawhi did it by himself but besides dirk he had the least help

I'm not saying kawhi did it by himself but besides dirk he had the least help
    Youíre not getting it lol. He WAS the help. He wasnít the main player on those Spurs teams.

If it makes it easier for you to understand, think about a young Rondo before he became an All Star. He was a role player early on when the Celtics had Allen, Pierce and Garnett. He was the help. He didnít lead the Celtics to anything. He played a role and contributed. Itís the same thing with Kawhi. He was a role player, not a star, not a leader, none of that. Just a role player early on.
    Last edited by smood999; 08-10-2020 at 04:00 PM.

All I got out of this is they should not have traded KP and Perry is following Bots on Twitter. LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Well every single scout I listen to and read disagrees with you, and Iím quite certain they know more than you (or me or anyone here) do so thereís that.

People in the know actually say his bust potential is very low for a variety of reasons. Look into it a bit more and youíll see why. There actually really arenít many concerns or red flags on him at all other than the level of competition heís played against so far. But he simply looks special. At 18 and at his size he does things most simply canít do.

When I say ďsecretĒ prospect I simply mean overlooked. Iím sure teams know about him. Iím also sure teams ďknewĒ of Jokic yet somehow he went in the middle of the second round.
    Not really. I saw plenty that werenít exactly anointing him ďthe second comingĒ. I havenít seen one board with him near top 10. So if heís so good, why isnít he a top choice in a weak draft?

I mean itís nitpicking, I like him, Iím cool with taking a shot, just not as hyped as you I guess
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-10-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Youíre not getting it lol. He WAS the help. He wasnít the main player on those Spurs teams.

If it makes it easier for you to understand, think about a young Rondo before he became an All Star. He was a role player early on when the Celtics had Allen, Pierce and Garnett. He was the help. He didnít lead the Celtics to anything. He played a role and contributed. Itís the same thing with Kawhi. He was a role player, not a star, not a leader, none of that. Just a role player early on.
    Cool well who won finals mvp tell me that il wait

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    All I got out of this is they should not have traded KP and Perry is following Bots on Twitter. LMAO.
    we shouldn't have traded gallo frye kp Ariza timmy and like 4 first lol

Not really. I saw plenty that werenít exactly anointing him ďthe second comingĒ. I havenít seen one board with him near top 10. So if heís so good, why isnít he a top choice in a weak draft?
    Because this past season he played he was barely 18, youngest dude in draft and arguably hasnít played against the best competition in Europe. And heís skinny, although everyone who actually knows **** about him says he should gain weight easily based on his frame/genetics.

Btw every guy in this draft has an 80% chance of busting. Iíve never seen a draft with less sure things than this, thatís the whole point in the homerun swing. Iím not saying take him at 7 but if we could deal for like the 16th or 17th pick i 1000% take him there without question. We need guards tho which is what I want to target with that top pick.
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 08-10-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Cool well who won finals mvp tell me that il wait
    So did Iguodala. Was it his team? Did he lead them or carry them? Does that make him better than Steph, Klay, and Dray?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Because this past season he played he was barely 18, youngest dude in draft and arguably hasnít played against the best competition in Europe. And heís skinny, although everyone who actually knows **** about him says he should gain weight easily based on his frame/genetics.

Btw every guy in this draft has an 80% chance of busting. Iíve never seen a draft with less sure things than this, thatís the whole point in the homerun swing. Iím not saying take him at 7 but if we could deal for like the 16th or 17th pick i 1000% take him there without question. We need guards tho which is what I want to target with that top pick.
    But thatís what Iím saying. Not one person says take him before mid-late first. So you are hyping him every day. Why not take him earlier if heís so great. Extremely risky. Iíve seen plenty of footage. Heís equal parts impressive, and bad. If he was great, he would be up near the top of this class

Iím not saying Iíd mind taking him mid-late first. But it all depends whoís one the board still.

So did Iguodala. Was it his team? Did he lead them or carry them? Does that make him better than Steph, Klay, and Dray?
    Lol did u just compare iggy to kawhi

That finals was kawhis break out series they dont win without him and he became a star after that idk whats so hard to get about that

biv was right bol bol looking nice out there im more pissed we didn't get him mpjs back is like amares knees one ball fall his career is done im good with knox considering he has a good year under thibs

But thatís what Iím saying. Not one person says take him before mid-late first. So you are hyping him every day. Why not take him earlier if heís so great. Extremely risky. Iíve seen plenty of footage. Heís equal parts impressive, and bad. If he was great, he would be up near the top of this class

Iím not saying Iíd mind taking him mid-late first. But it all depends whoís one the board still.
    Iím hyping him because heís one of the few guys in this entire draft with true star potential. Simple as that.

Top of the class like Donovan Mitchell, Jokic and Siakam huh?