Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 358 of 423 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 6339

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The thing is, heís elite at all of those things whereas no one else has an elite skill.

Also he does project to be a scorer. Iím not sure where you get that heís not a scorer. He averaged 22/9/8 his last 6 games and 17/7/7 overall. That doesnít say heís not a scorer or that heís one dimensional. How efficient heíll be is obviously the big question, but itís the same question for guys like Edwards and Cole as well. Heís not his brother and heís not Haliburton when it comes to scoring the ball. Also, what does that stat line look like in college?

Besides his shot, the other main question is his defense. Again, itís the same questions about literally all of the top prospects.

Letís rephrase your question and change the names. What is Edwards great at? What is Hayes great at? What is Lewis great at? What is Toppin great at besides scoring? What is Haliburton great at? What is Deni great at? What is Cole great at?

Remember great not good. You were at least able to mention some things with LaMelo on your own. Outside of Toppinís scoring, I donít know what youíre going to mention about the others.
    Anyone can score points if you put up a ton of shots. If youíre doing it inefficiently, it doesnít really matter how many points you score.

Edwards is inefficient right now, but not in all areas of his game. He shot about 70% at the rim and got fouled often for a guy who took mostly jumpers. His athleticism, physicality, and strength is elite for his age. His combination of size, athleticism, and strength project well on the defensive end.

Hayes is kind of a jack of all trades kind of guy in that he is very good at a lot of things, but I wouldnít he is elite at anything in particular. He has a lot of skill when it comes to overall scoring and passing. Deni is kind of similar in that he is a jack of all trades guy as well.

Lewis has elite speed. Heís already a good shooter and passer who can use either hand effectively. Iím not a fan of Tyrese.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-15-2020 at 10:37 PM.

Deni is not Simmons, not even close. Iím not sure where you saw that, but itís probably not a good source of information if thatís the comparison that they put out there.

Most of us have been on the Deni train and you were criticizing us for it. None of us have forgotten him.
    Your right I was very critical of Deni's toughness but I have been watching every one of his games and Deni has the sauce! I'm sold... he is very quick and athletic with a guard like handle at 6'10". I'm guessing that's where the scouts get the Ben Simmons comparison. They said he is shooting almost 50% from 3 and is playing good defense as well. I don't know why we wouldn't want that skill set at the 3 or 4... Those types are the up and coming faces of the NBA. Guys that do it all with size and the offense runs through them... guys like Freak, Luka, Simmons, Jokic, Siakam, Tatum. That trend started with guys like Bron and KD.

I totally get the Ben Simmons comparison.

https://youtu.be/MIRh_bOhMks

That bounce pass at the 2:00 minute mark is LaMelo Ball like...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    What is LaMelo great at outside of passing, dribbling, and rebounding? Donít say IQ or feel because that goes into passing.

Heís not a shooter or scorer and his defense is below average despite his size right now. Hence why he is one-dimensional right now.
    He can shoot. I donít care about his 12 game sample size overseas lol heís always been able to shoot. He may not be perfect but yeah Iíll take my chances with him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

My god
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He can shoot. I donít care about his 12 game sample size overseas lol heís always been able to shoot. He may not be perfect but yeah Iíll take my chances with him.
    As would I. I still have him Top 3 afterall.

2020 Draft Thread

One area where LaMelo excelled that I havenít given him credit for was his ability to protect the basketball. Thatís actually a trait that highly translates into success in the future more often than not. Thatís where his handle and passing comes into play.

Heís definitely a unique kind of athlete for someone thatís 6í7-6í8Ē. Heís clearly skilled and very fluid with more bounce than youíd expect. Iím curious what his wingspan measures out to be.

Iíll play the Deni game for a sec:

Letís say heís the pick... Iíll go back to this idea because again whether we like it or not there are already rumblings about ďvet presenceĒ on this team, Leon Rose & Wes are star chasers, Meloís farewell tour... I just feel like CP3 is a very real possibility and I know many donít like that but...

If we dealt Randle/DSJ and a Dal pick for CP3 (which is probably close to what heíll realistically cost), then trade picks 27/38 and the other Dal pick to move up to 15 or so, take Poku (who I 1000% feel like is the right home run swing there)...

Hire Thibs (also pretty sure this is happening):

CP3-RJ-Deni-Melo-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Poku
    Harper-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

What I like about it is when Melo retires Poku slides into that stretch 4 spot, and RJ-Deni-Poku is potentially an absurdly skilled off ball playmaking trio. If those three reach their potential weíll be unguardable moving forward and our defense will be outstanding as well.

Iím open to it. At least we finally have a ton of options. Weíre in better shape than weíve been in a long time in terms of avenues to build this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíll play the Deni game for a sec:

Letís say heís the pick... Iíll go back to this idea because again whether we like it or not there are already rumblings about ďvet presenceĒ on this team, Leon Rose & Wes are star chasers, Meloís farewell tour... I just feel like CP3 is a very real possibility and I know many donít like that but...

If we dealt Randle/DSJ and a Dal pick for CP3 (which is probably close to what heíll realistically cost), then trade picks 27/38 and the other Dal pick to move up to 15 or so, take Poku (who I 1000% feel like is the right home run swing there)...

Hire Thibs (also pretty sure this is happening):

CP3-RJ-Deni-Melo-Mitch
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Poku
    Harper-Sanon-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

What I like about it is when Melo retires Poku slides into that stretch 4 spot, and RJ-Deni-Poku is potentially an absurdly skilled off ball playmaking trio. If those three reach their potential weíll be unguardable moving forward and our defense will be outstanding as well.

Iím open to it. At least we finally have a ton of options. Weíre in better shape than weíve been in a long time in terms of avenues to build this.
    This is almost the exact same thing I was saying yesterday except I didn't have us signing CP and Melo. Another option I like is Deni and Nesmith.

Of course this is also assuming Cole and Lewis are both gone by 15. I'm not so sure of that
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-16-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Anyone can score points if you put up a ton of shots. If youíre doing it inefficiently, it doesnít really matter how many points you score.

Edwards is inefficient right now, but not in all areas of his game. He shot about 70% at the rim and got fouled often for a guy who took mostly jumpers. His athleticism, physicality, and strength is elite for his age. His combination of size, athleticism, and strength project well on the defensive end.

Hayes is kind of a jack of all trades kind of guy in that he is very good at a lot of things, but I wouldnít he is elite at anything in particular. He has a lot of skill when it comes to overall scoring and passing. Deni is kind of similar in that he is a jack of all trades guy as well.

Lewis has elite speed. Heís already a good shooter and passer who can use either hand effectively. Iím not a fan of Tyrese.
    come on now... that's just not true. not if you're making the team better, and not if you're 18 playing against grown men.

How many ppg's did Jennings average? or RJ Hampton?

You try so hard to discredit everything Ball does as if it's so common for an 18 year old kid to do it. he literally finished averaging 22/9/7 the last 4 games, that's insane.

One area where LaMelo excelled that I havenít given him credit for was his ability to protect the basketball. Thatís actually a trait that highly translates into success in the future more often than not. Thatís where his handle and passing comes into play.

Heís definitely a unique kind of athlete for someone thatís 6í7-6í8Ē. Heís clearly skilled and very fluid with more bounce than youíd expect. Iím curious what his wingspan measures out to be.
    i'm not, wasn't curious about Luca's wingspan either, not sure why it matters for a guy that is a 6'7 PG.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i'm not, wasn't curious about Luca's wingspan either, not sure why it matters for a guy that is a 6'7 PG.
    Sure it matters. Guys who have large wingspans, especially for their size, have an edge. Doesnít matter what position they play, itís not a bad thing to have

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Sure it matters. Guys who have large wingspans, especially for their size, have an edge. Doesnít matter what position they play, itís not a bad thing to have
    Doncic & Ball are superiority SKILLED players, that's what matters. These aren't defensive players or short players. whether Ball has a 6'7 wingspan or 6'9 wingspan isn't going to affect his potential in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Doncic & Ball are superiority SKILLED players, that's what matters. These aren't defensive players or short players. whether Ball has a 6'7 wingspan or 6'9 wingspan isn't going to affect his potential in any meaningful way.
    If itís even better than his size says it should be, itís even more of a plus. Thatís like saying ďdoesnít matter if heís 6í7 or 6í9, heís still bigĒ

They always mention when players have impressive wingspans. If it doesnít matter, why talk about it

If Ball was 3 inches shorter, he wouldnít be getting nearly as much hype. We would be talking more about question marks, and flaws
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-16-2020 at 09:13 AM.

I'm worried about deni's defense and his position he might be to slow for the 3 and to weak for the 4

I however might take a chance on him if we fall to 8