Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 818 of 937 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 12,256 to 12,270 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We could absolutely take Maxey at #8. And I'd bet on Maxey not being there if we dropped as far as #14.

This is not the draft to drop back and take your chances that your guy will be there later. Kira could go #10 to the Suns. Maxey could go to the Spurs, Kings or Pelicans.

You think you know how this draft is going to unfold but you don't. There was a report this morning that Pat Williams is likely going to be off the board before the Knicks pick. No one would've thought that a day ago.

Get your guy. It's as simple as that. If Maxey or Okoro or Vassell are our guys, then just take them at #8. Don't play games.
    I’m 99% sure Okoro will be long gone by 8

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I’m 99% sure Okoro will be long gone by 8
    If the top 3 go as expected (LaMelo, Edwards, Wiseman, in some order) and the next two picks are Deni and Toppin in some order, then I could easily see Okoro drop to 8.

I don't think the Hawks would pick Okoro when he is similar to Hunter, and their biggest need is shooting. I would bet on them looking at Haliburton, with an outside chance at Okoro, Vassell and even Nesmith. The Pistons also need a PG or a big, so I would think that Haliburton, Hayes, and Okongwu are at the top of their draft board at that spot.

I’d be willing to bet that our pick is one of Okoro, Hayes or Vassell.

If the top 3 go as expected (LaMelo, Edwards, Wiseman, in some order) and the next two picks are Deni and Toppin in some order, then I could easily see Okoro drop to 8.

I don't think the Hawks would pick Okoro when he is similar to Hunter, and their biggest need is shooting. I would bet on them looking at Haliburton, with an outside chance at Okoro, Vassell and even Nesmith. The Pistons also need a PG or a big, so I would think that Haliburton, Hayes, and Okongwu are at the top of their draft board at that spot.
    As someone wanting a point guard at 8, my concern is Halliburton and Hayes are picked just before us (after Ball of course). It would seem there is then another tier of PGs (Hampton, Lewis, Anthony even) which would perhaps encourage trading back. Or I guess taking an Okoro, Toppin, whoever falls. Or an SG/SF. What do I know!

I still believe cole is an option at 14 or 15 but right now my top 4 at 8 is

Obi
    Hali
    Vassell
    Okoro

Sad day, starting to come to terms that we will not get Cole Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Sad day, starting to come to terms that we will not get Cole Anthony.
    Don't say that two things can happen

1 he could slip to 27
    2 us not being interested could be a smokescreen but at 14 through 18 if we trade back

Agreed. If Okoro isn’t there, then Hayes will be. The top-5 seems solidified or at least like there’s starting to be a consensus. That leaves two teams picking before the Knicks with Haliburton, Hayes and Okoro on the board.

Most have Haliburton going before Hayes, so that leaves Hayes or Okoro to the Knicks. Of course Vassell, Maxey, Hampton and Lewis will be options as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Agreed. If Okoro isn’t there, then Hayes will be. The top-5 seems solidified or at least like there’s starting to be a consensus. That leaves two teams picking before the Knicks with Haliburton, Hayes and Okoro on the board.

Most have Haliburton going before Hayes, so that leaves Hayes or Okoro to the Knicks. Of course Vassell, Maxey, Hampton and Lewis will be options as well.
    I’d love if Hayes fell to us. I think he’s a great option for us

There are rumors the Wolves have Okoro at the top of their board, which makes some sense fit wise imo. He brings exactly what they need.

Don’t fall for the “boards becoming clear” idea with this draft. I see this as similar to the 2013 draft where Bennet went number one to everyone’s surprise. I think there will be some very surprising picks in this top 10.

That said, and I’m not saying I’d definitely do this but I have brought it up before, I think IF you are really sold on Ball, RJ alone could get us that number 1 pick. Okoro to me is sort of a poor man’s RJ; maybe he ends up better than RJ but just size/position and strengths/weaknesses wise there’s a lot of similarities imo. If we did that (again not saying I would necessarily, just tossing it out there), we’d KEEP the number 8 pick. So hypothetically you could have Ball and Vassell or Ball and Cole for anyone who still wants Cole and thinks him and LaMelo could work in the backcourt.

Just an idea. Not going to happen anyway as I think there’s zero chance we part with RJ this early (which is probably wise, I like RJ here), but just mentioning it again.

There are rumors the Wolves have Okoro at the top oylu got f their board, which makes some sense fit wise imo. He brings exactly what they need.

Don’t fall for the “boards becoming clear” idea with this draft. I see this as similar to the 2013 draft where Bennet went number one to everyone’s surprise. I think there will be some very surprising picks in this top 10.

That said, and I’m not saying I’d definitely do this but I have brought it up before, I think IF you are really sold on Ball, RJ alone could get us that number 1 pick. Okoro to me is sort of a poor man’s RJ; maybe he ends up better than RJ but just size/position and strengths/weaknesses wise there’s a lot of similarities imo. If we did that (again not saying I would necessarily, just tossing it out there), we’d KEEP the number 8 pick. So hypothetically you could have Ball and Vassell or Ball and Cole for anyone who still wants Cole and thinks him and LaMelo could work in the backcourt.

Just an idea. Not going to happen anyway as I think there’s zero chance we part with RJ this early (which is probably wise, I like RJ here), but just mentioning it again.
    You got it all wrong bro if minny truly wants Okoro then that means they are trading back rj and Okoro are nothing alike lol

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    You got it all wrong bro if minny truly wants Okoro then that means they are trading back rj and Okoro are nothing alike lol
    Well they’re definitely looking at trading back, all these teams are. That’s been widely reported.

Not sure how RJ and Okoro are nothing alike, they’re literally the same exact size basically, play the same exact position, use their physical strength to overpower defenders, both can pass/playmake, both defend well, neither can shoot. Okoro moves better off ball imo, other than that they’re actually pretty damn similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’d also like to point out this idea that we need to go for a high-risk, Star potential guy doesn’t really have history backing that up. Scanning back 20 years, looking at guys that went 6-10 in the draft, there’s a small amount of guys that were even borderline-star level. A lot of busts though. Like so bad, they were awful and out of the league. Getting a good starter for years from that pick is far from a bad thing
    This above especially if u have to give up additional assets for a player who is not shown to be a winning player or alleviate the play of others.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    This above especially if u have to give up additional assets for a player who is not shown to be a winning player or alleviate the play of others.
    Who do you like at 8?

Well they’re definitely looking at trading back, all these teams are. That’s been widely reported.

Not sure how RJ and Okoro are nothing alike, they’re literally the same exact size basically, play the same exact position, use their physical strength to overpower defenders, both can pass/playmake, both defend well, neither can shoot. Okoro moves better off ball imo, other than that they’re actually pretty damn similar.
    Coming out of college RJ and Okoro were different. RJ ran the team and had a green light to shoot, also RJ attempted over 200 in college from behind the arc and was 30%, 45% overall, and had some 700 FGA in his only year at Duke.

Okoro role was different, his role was guarding the best player. His total FGA was just a bit higher than RJ’s attempts from behind the arc.

While the size, weight and power game both use to get downhill are the same, both are different.

RJ is a better option to improve his jumper right now. His college % from behind the arc was 30 and it was 32% his rookie season, it just means he’s going to get better as he puts the reps in. His playmaking comes from both inside and outside, his defense isn’t as good as Okoro’s coming out.

Okoro has the intangibles to play right away and give use a stopper if the game isn’t to fast for him. With our development team I expect improvement on the jumper along the way. His strength to initiate contact and get to the line and or kick out, along with consistent movement in the offense means he’s not standing still often and looking for cuts to get easy buckets.

That’s my choice for #8, I’ve settled on grabbing a PG slipping down or hoping a whole bunch slide to have a pick.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan