Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 777 of 937 FirstFirst ... 277677727767775776777778779787827877 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    No I am saying next years draft pick PLUS this years lotto pick is worth more than Ball.
    Next yearís Knicks pick is, not Dallas pick even if combined with this yearís pick.

Would you guys trade Randle, DSJ and number 8 for Sacís 12th pick, Hield and a future first? Think Iíd do that. We could still get one of Kira/Cole/Terry/Hampton at 12... and add Hield and another first in 2021 or 2022?

I canít believe people are actually talking about trading up in this draft. Letís look at some facts. Scouts and draft experts have been saying this is a weak draft. The draft board changes almost everyday. Weíve heard that the difference in talent between the top of the lottery and the bottom of the lottery isnít that great. Minnesota and Golden State have made those picks available and the offers havenít been great.

Why would we want to chose this draft to trade up for the first time in our history?

We shouldnít trade the Dallas pick from next year because next years draft is a much better draft. Plus Dallas can easily fall into the lottery. They play in the West, Golden State will be back next year, and you have teams like Minnesota and Phoenix on the rise. Porzingis might miss time and if Donic misses any time they can easily miss the playoffs.

Letís treat this draft for what it is, itís a weak draft. Hopefully we can find one or two rotational players.

If lemelo was that great teams would be lining up to trade with Minnesota or Golden state.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    8 +21 mavs pick + Knox for 2 Iíd do in a second but donít make no sense on why theyíd do that so point Is moot weíll have to see what happens
    8 + Mavs 2021 + Bullock + a 2nd or two makes more sense for a team trying to contend.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Disagree big time. Itís a crap shoot when you pick In the 20s. If you think balls a star you run to that. No way thatís all it would take either
    Yeah I donít know he will be a star though. And I agree it would take more than that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Thereís a difference with being a bust in college vs. the NBA.

Being a bust in college means that he wonít even be an option in terms of the draft.

I wasnít referring to who will succeed in the NBA. You like Love, but if heís not an option, then what?

Iím pretty much saying that youíre banking on options that may not even be there.
    I think we are going to be terrible again this year so we will have a chance at Cade, Green, Love, Boston, etc. All those guys look like big time prospects.

Next yearís Knicks pick is, not Dallas pick even if combined with this yearís pick.
    But as I said before its going to cost even more than that. Even in a weak draft you don't go from 8 to 1 or 2 without giving up a significant package.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I think we are going to be terrible again this year so we will have a chance at Cade, Green, Love, Boston, etc. All those guys look like big time prospects.
    I meant may not be there due to disappointing performances, not because the Knicks wonít be in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Would you guys trade Randle, DSJ and number 8 for Sacís 12th pick, Hield and a future first? Think Iíd do that. We could still get one of Kira/Cole/Terry/Hampton at 12... and add Hield and another first in 2021 or 2022?
    I still dont know how I feel about heild tbh.

Hes a guy who was clearly underrated, showed he can shoot lights out, and became overrated imo.

Hes clearly a player who could help us, but I'm just not all that high on him.

I meant may not be there due to disappointing performances, not because the Knicks wonít be in the lottery.
    Yep, guys like nico, cole, and Hampton were supposed to be super stud locked in top 10 draft picks this season.

Not going after a player you love in this draft because you think next years draft is deep, would be among the dumbest things this franchise has ever done.

You cant predict the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I canít believe people are actually talking about trading up in this draft. Letís look at some facts. Scouts and draft experts have been saying this is a weak draft. The draft board changes almost everyday. Weíve heard that the difference in talent between the top of the lottery and the bottom of the lottery isnít that great. Minnesota and Golden State have made those picks available and the offers havenít been great.

Why would we want to chose this draft to trade up for the first time in our history?

We shouldnít trade the Dallas pick from next year because next years draft is a much better draft. Plus Dallas can easily fall into the lottery. They play in the West, Golden State will be back next year, and you have teams like Minnesota and Phoenix on the rise. Porzingis might miss time and if Donic misses any time they can easily miss the playoffs.

Letís treat this draft for what it is, itís a weak draft. Hopefully we can find one or two rotational players.

If lemelo was that great teams would be lining up to trade with Minnesota or Golden state.
    All anyone has said is that heís not great for a number one overall pick and you guys have taken that and ran with him just being a weak prospect in general. You guys are taking ďweak draftĒ completely out of context.

Of course Minnesota and Golden State would make him available because they are both trying to win now and as mentioned, itís not the typical value of a top-2 pick. That doesnít mean that thereís no value at all or that itís equal to having the 10th pick.

If you were to take Zion, Morant and RJ and put them in this draft, the narrative completely changes. Now Ball is a top-5 pick in a strong draft and your perception is different.

TL;DR - Ball isnít as valuable as the typical number one pick. His value more equals what teams are usually able to find around pick 5 most years. Thatís still much better than 8.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-16-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    If the future pick is next year, I absolutely do that in a heartbeat. These are the type of deals the Knicks should be pursuing.

All anyone has said is that heís not great for a number one overall pick and you guys have taken that and ran with him just being a weak prospect in general. You guys are taking ďweak draftĒ completely out of context.

Of course Minnesota and Golden State would make him available because they are both trying to win now and as mentioned, itís not the typical value of a top-2 pick. That doesnít mean that thereís no value at all or that itís equal to having the 10th pick.

If you were to take Zion, Morant and RJ and put them in this draft,
    the narrative completely changes. Now Ball is a top-5 pick in a strong draft and your perception is different.

TL;DR - Ball isnít as valuable as the typical number one pick. His value more equals what teams are usually able to find around pick 5 most years. Thatís still much better than 8.
    that was a very strong draft and Ball still goes #4 in that draft.

I guess this boils down to I am a believer in those guys more than I am of LaMelo.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post

This. 2021 > 2020