Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 704 of 937 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714754804 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I hope not... I hope he falls to #27... lol
    That would be quite the fall. I’d think teens...

New York Knicks receive: Chris Paul
    OKC Thunder receive: Elfrid Payton, Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Bobby Portis, 2021 1st round pick from the Mavericks and 2021 2nd round pick from the Charlotte Hornets to fill out salary as salary fillers

Thunder receive even more draft capital going forward but get salary cap relief by unloading CP3 but receiving all those young guys in the trade I mentioned to add to their rebuilding core but since Payton and Portis are expiring, it works out for them

CP3 will be able to rebuild the culture here in New York

PG- CP3 who could also be used to mentor DSJ
    SG- Vassell (8th pick)
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Julius Randle
    C- Mitch Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    OKC Thunder receive: Elfrid Payton, Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Bobby Portis, 2021 1st round pick from the Mavericks and 2021 2nd round pick from the Charlotte Hornets to fill out salary as salary fillers

Thunder receive even more draft capital going forward but get salary cap relief by unloading CP3 but receiving all those young guys in the trade I mentioned to add to their rebuilding core but since Payton and Portis are expiring, it works out for them

SG- Vassell (8th pick)
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Julius Randle
    C- Mitch Robinson
    Hardest of hard passes..

Leon, don’t get any ideas..

If your not top 3... teams don't often get their guy. They often get the leftovers. Do you think Steve Nash was the Suns targeted guy in that draft? I guarantee there were better prospects they would've taken over him but he probably had one of the best careers in that draft.
    teams have big boards, obviously we're not talking about Ball here, we're talking about getting the next guy on your big board instead of the 8th or 9th guy on your board.

overall I think we need to be aggressive in this draft for once and get the guys we want, whoever that may be. not just wait for leftovers.

The more I read post in this thread the more people are considered lottery picks we have about 20-25 names that are thought to be lottery potential. About 10-15 wasn’t even considered until a few low ranking sites and video post want to emphasize on them.

Someone like Terry, Kira, Dotson, Winston is a low 1st round pick the workouts will have to dictate that. These low hanging fruit at the end of the 1st round or early 2nd round picks will have to show up and show out some lottery pick to really move up.

If the mock boards don’t have them there don’t put them in that level yet.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

SG- Vassell (8th pick)
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Julius Randle
    C- Mitch Robinson
    If the Knicks do a trade like this, I think I'm done with them. You guys thought TakeanL was bitter. You just wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    If the Knicks do a trade like this, I think I'm done with them. You guys thought TakeanL was bitter. You just wait...
    Right....you wait to see what other teams are willing to pony up. Knicks on of the only teams that can take on that kind of salary. I'm not bidding against myself in a Deal for CP3; even though he's be great. What other team would offer close to this?

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Right....you wait to see what other teams are willing to pony up. Knicks on of the only teams that can take on that kind of salary. I'm not bidding against myself in a Deal for CP3; even though he's be great. What other team would offer close to this?
    This deal is likely exaggerated to make Knicks look stupid but a better question is, what rebuilding team GIVES away young talent AND cap space for a guy like this? I won't believe these rumors until it happens cause this is so unbelievably bad, that it just can't be.

SG- Vassell (8th pick)
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Julius Randle
    C- Mitch Robinson

That would be a very Knicks trade. If they can pull off the deal without Frank or the 1st then I'd say do it

This deal is likely exaggerated to make Knicks look stupid but a better question is, what rebuilding team GIVES away young talent AND cap space for a guy like this? I won't believe these rumors until it happens cause this is so unbelievably bad, that it just can't be.
    Correct. If this is Rose's first roster move, he's gunna get the Phil Jackson treatment from fans.

Lmao

pretty much, generate outrage clicks.

FWIW supposedly from an NBA insider

There is some major hangups for CP3 from all teams due to his contract. NY is only willing to trade an expiring like Randle and a trash young player like Knox. I was told NYK wants to keep Frank and he's NOT available anymore for any type of deal. Thibs wants him. His contract makes trades really really hard still. His media market is MUCH better than his real market.

The Knicks really want a vet to make it easier to develop Robinson and Barrett but they are NOT trading real assets to land CP3 either.

CP3 value is steeply dropping. Presti is asking contenders for too much and no one wants to give much of anything for him due to his age and contract.

Presti will have to lower his demands and yes, CP3 wants a trade to be honored and would like to go to a contender more than another rebuilding situation. In order for that to happen, OKC will have to lower their demands.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    teams have big boards, obviously we're not talking about Ball here, we're talking about getting the next guy on your big board instead of the 8th or 9th guy on your board.

overall I think we need to be aggressive in this draft for once and get the guys we want, whoever that may be. not just wait for leftovers.
    The problem is the guy you want as a fan is often not the guy the FO wants... Knicks wanted Frank and Knox because they could have easily taken Mitchell and MPJ instead.

Knicks wanted Zion or Ja but RJ was the leftover but still not a bad pick.

Thing Knicks need to do is put players on the floor around our draft picks to make their game better like Miami does. Not sign free agents to compete against our draft picks like the Knicks did with Mudiay, Payton and Portis.

I think Frank, DSJ and Knox would all be better right now if those FA were never on the team.

The problem is the guy you want as a fan is often not the guy the FO wants... Knicks wanted Frank and Knox because they could have easily taken Mitchell and MPJ instead.

Knicks wanted Zion or Ja but RJ was the leftover but still not a bad pick.

Thing Knicks need to do is put players on the floor around our draft picks to make their game better like Miami does. Not sign free agents to compete against our draft picks like the Knicks did with Mudiay, Payton and Portis.

I think Frank, DSJ and Knox would all be better right now if those FA were never on the team.
    This is the main thing I been saying, if we are thinking about signing FA vets to start. Then wtf is the point of the young players then. I’ve been saying we need vets coming off the bench without the threat of starting. The vets are there to help develop the culture for the team and to lean on for information while having a limited roles without major minutes.

I’ve preferred to just let the kids play, bringing in Payton, Morris and Portis slowed the growth of the ones needing more time on the floor. At that point watching them lose made it more difficult to watch, for that my preference would have been watching the kids play and fail at least they are learning. Watching vets **** up was pitiful.

If we look at Miami’s roster you will see that nobody avg. more than 15 fga per, look closer and they were just an average team they just play fundamental ball.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../MIA/2020.html
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    This is the main thing I been saying, if we are thinking about signing FA vets to start. Then wtf is the point of the young players then. I’ve been saying we need vets coming off the bench without the threat of starting. The vets are there to help develop the culture for the team and to lean on for information while having a limited roles without major minutes.

I’ve preferred to just let the kids play, bringing in Payton, Morris and Portis slowed the growth of the ones needing more time on the floor. At that point watching them lose made it more difficult to watch, for that my preference would have been watching the kids play and fail at least they are learning. Watching vets **** up was pitiful.

If we look at Miami’s roster you will see that nobody avg. more than 15 fga per, look closer and they were just an average team they just play fundamental ball.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../MIA/2020.html
    The Heat have better than average talent, though. They have 2 all star level guys, and a bunch of other very nice players.