Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 703 of 937 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705713753803 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 14046
    Ok Tyrrell Terry at 6'3"? Definitely our pick at #27 if he is still available. There will be a good point guard at #27 because there are too many teams that don't need a point guard. Teams need wings and versatile bigs. Terry will be there at #27.

Kevin O'Connor

@KevinOConnorNBA

Wow. Tyrell Terry, a top 10 prospect on my board, has added 20 pounds of muscle since his freshman year at Stanford ended. Measuring taller too. Strength is the most notable knock on him and heís improving it. Teams are making a mistake if they let Terry slip out of the lottery.

Beyond Athlete Management

@beyond_am

When Tyrell Terry arrived at Stanford one year ago, he was 6'1" and 155 lbs. He set the Pac-12 on fire with a terrific freshman season. Now, standing 6'3" and 174 lbs, he's ready for the NBA. @tyterry05 #nbadraft

I just feel like DSJ will start for Thibs if he is in shape and his head is on straight. Frank should play the Marcus Smart combo guard role and since we probably won't resign Dotson(although we should) Frank will come off the bench at the 2 guard spot.

DSJ / Terry#27
    Nesmith #8 / Frank
    RJ / Iggy
    Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / #38(backup Center), Taj

There's no way Terry is there at 27, I think he could get into the top 12.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    There was a lot of doubt he would even go 1st round at all. You think heís a lottery pick now?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Youíre basically prioritizing shooting over everything else which is fine, but not being good at one thing doesnít eliminate everything else that the player is good at.

I get where youíre coming from and we generally agree. This isnít Kevin Knox who doesnít know how to play basketball but gets drafted because of physical attributes. I think thatís an entirely different thing than what Okoro is.

Okoro is no different than the Celtics taking Brown, Spurs taking Kawhi, Bulls taking Butler, Miami taking Winslow and being willing to trade four first rounders to do so. These are all good basketball players that are lacking one thing. The Heat and Celtics, two teams that we cite a lot in terms of emulating literally built their teams with guys that fit the profile of Okoro. You can add Toronto to that also.

If being a guard and not being able to shoot was an indication that a player doesnít have an NBA skill set, how do you view Morant and Fox...or the players I just named before they could shoot.

Again, I would not take Okoro personally, but I get the logic behind wanting to take him.
    Brown, Butler, Leonard also all seem to be what RJ projects to be. Celtics added other elite scorers around Brown (Tatum and Walker) which opened up the floor for Brown to do his thing. He could never be a #1 similar to RJ. Those type of wings need a great shooter on the floor with them. Nesmith and RJ compliment each other perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    There was a lot of doubt he would even go 1st round at all. You think heís a lottery pick now?
    I never saw that, or buy it. But yes I think he's a lotto pick if he's that much bigger now. Can't see him slipping past ORL at 15 at worst. guys move up, mock drafts are wrong most of the time, but even a guy like Kira was mocked late 1st and now is being mocked late lotto.

I never saw that, or buy it. But yes I think he's a lotto pick if he's that much bigger now. Can't see him slipping past ORL at 15 at worst. guys move up, mock drafts are wrong most of the time, but even a guy like Kira was mocked late 1st and now is being mocked late lotto.
    Not disagreeing, but there were mocks having him way back. Pretty sure he wasnít even sure he was going into the draft at first, due to potentially falling

I donít see anyone ďpicking himĒ to go earlier than late teens. Mostly in the 20s
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-28-2020 at 09:00 AM.

It is either Darius Vassell or Tyrese Haliburton as the #8 pick

Not disagreeing, but there were mocks having him way back. Pretty sure he wasnít even sure he was going into the draft at first, due to potentially falling
    the concerns were his size tho, if he's a legit 6'3 174 now that changes a lot. Especially seeing how small PG's like Trae & JA have dominated despite their size, and even CUrry who was a stringbean coming in.

take away, or minimize the size concerns and this is hte best shooting PG prospect, with arguably the highest IQ. He could be a Steve Nash in the making.

Too many PG in the lottery and not enough lottery teams looking for point guards... either Terry, Kira or Maxey will drop to #27 then you still have Nico, Winston, Riller, Jones who are all 1st round prospects as well. Any of those guys could be the next Kyle Lowry, Devonte Graham, FVV.

Point guards going in the lottery for sure are Ball, Hayes, Cole and Haliburton.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Too many PG in the lottery and not enough lottery teams looking for point guards... either Terry, Kira or Maxey will drop to #27 then you still have Nico, Winston, Riller, Jones who are all 1st round prospects as well. Any of those guys could be the next Kyle Lowry, Devonte Graham, FVV.

Point guards going in the lottery for sure are Ball, Hayes, Cole and Haliburton.
    yea but its about getting YOUR guy, not getting the leftover guy all the other teams passed on.

I'm pretty out of the loop with this years draft class. But from everything I've gathered kinda seems like Haliburton/Okoro are safe bets for us assuming one of or both are still there at 8. At 27 I still have alot of research to do. Any players that stand out for us down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

I donít think Cole is anywhere near a lock for the lottery

the concerns were his size tho, if he's a legit 6'3 174 now that changes a lot. Especially seeing how small PG's like Trae & JA have dominated despite their size, and even CUrry who was a stringbean coming in.

take away, or minimize the size concerns and this is hte best shooting PG prospect, with arguably the highest IQ. He could be a Steve Nash in the making.
    Right... his game is a lot like Nash now that you mention it. A lot like Curry and Young too.

yea but its about getting YOUR guy, not getting the leftover guy all the other teams passed on.
    If your not top 3... teams don't often get their guy. They often get the leftovers. Do you think Steve Nash was the Suns targeted guy in that draft? I guarantee there were better prospects they would've taken over him but he probably had one of the best careers in that draft.

I donít think Cole is anywhere near a lock for the lottery
    I hope not... I hope he falls to #27... lol