Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 683 of 807 FirstFirst ... 183583633673681682683684685693733783 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 12101
    Efficiency can be fixed, please explain how Hali shot will work Iíve mentioned this a lot nobody wants to answer that question, people are avoiding that ugly **** that needs to be rebuilt.

Explain why he shots 67% of the time via jumpers outside the paint alone, or why people neglect to see he doesnít get off the floor on any of his jumpers zero. So how will a person who was assisted about 60% of the time on his points who needed 3-4 ft of rooms to throw up his double pump spin the ball chest level push shot getting only 4 in off the ground work against more athletic guys who will give him fits.

Letís neglect the issues with how is he going to score for the reasoning that everyone seems to think he is the best passer in the draft when before its was all rage on Ball. Smh...this dude has as many flaws with his jumper like Lonzo but rather overlook it like the Lakers did and the time it took to correct it. Hali is a lower end version of Lonzo, and Lonzo shot 41% from behind the arc in college and attempted more shots.
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

How to win in today's NBA

------------
    My theory in a nutshell.
    - 2 play-making players: A Guard and a F\C; this balances the floor so the opposing coach cannot slide overages to 1 side more than the other.
    - Team Defense and IQ

Unfortunately, Playing making F\C are limited: Jokic, Giannis, Lebron, Bulter, and to a lesser extend Nurk from Portland; there might be a few more.

- Examples.
    * Milwaukee has Giannis - never EVER should have traded Brogdon. Tells me they didn't understand winning. TRADE EVERYONE ELSE (except Middleton).
    * Miami - Butler and Dragic. Both can qb a team and make other better (AND SHOOT). I knew from BEFORE THE SEASON they would be a GREAT team because of the balance of the team. It was obvious to me.
    - Example - Fix - If PHI slides Simmons to 4 and adds a playmaking guard - East is over. They should have kept Jimmy and shipped out Harris. Oops.

------
    So when we draft, we need to keep this in mind. Which players project to have IQ, Shooting, and making others better in a way to produce winning. Name a F\C and a Guard.

- Personally, I dont see a F\C that is really in that class - you'd might have to develop him for a few years.....but Guard - maybe Kira.
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 09-24-2020 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    High volume inefficient scorer vs a very efficient scorer. I think I'm good there. I know their games are not a like but volume and efficiency Trae is more close to Iverson than Curry. That ain't a knock off on him AI is an all time great.
    Young had a 60% TS last year, that's incredibly efficient, WAY above league average and pretty close to Curry's career 62%.

AI for comparison was only at 52% for his career.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    How to win in today's NBA

------------
    My theory in a nutshell.
    - 2 play-making players: A Guard and a F\C; this balances the floor so the opposing coach cannot slide overages to 1 side more than the other.
    - Team Defense and IQ

Unfortunately, Playing making F\C are limited: Jokic, Giannis, Lebron, Bulter, and to a lesser extend Nurk from Portland; there might be a few more.

- Examples.
    * Milwaukee has Giannis - never EVER should have traded Brogdon. Tells me they didn't understand winning. TRADE EVERYONE ELSE (except Middleton).
    * Miami - Butler and Dragic. Both can qb a team and make other better (AND SHOOT). I knew from BEFORE THE SEASON they would be a GREAT team because of the balance of the team. It was obvious to me.
    - Example - Fix - If PHI slides Simmons to 4 and adds a playmaking guard - East is over. They should have kept Jimmy and shipped out Harris. Oops.

------
    So when we draft, we need to keep this in mind. Which players project to have IQ, Shooting, and making others better in a way to produce winning. Name a F\C and a Guard.
    Canít disagree with this

And 100% on Brogdon. I was all about him, and it was clear they would regret not keeping him. And it was clear Philly would suffer big time letting Butler go

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Except RJ and Frank canít shoot. And arenít even great passers. And none of the 3 have great handles

The theory is sound. But those 3, no thanks. Put a dynamic 2 in there that can shoot, and bench Frank, maybe we are talking now..
    Patience in development can pay off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailykn...ina-quiet/amp/

I mentioned it in the other thread as well but just to add it here he shot 48% on corner threes this season. Letís see how he looks after working with Johnnie Bryant and Thibs coaching him.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Patience in development can pay off: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailykn...ina-quiet/amp/

I mentioned it in the other thread as well but just to add it here he shot 48% on corner threes this season. Letís see how he looks after working with Johnnie Bryant and Thibs coaching him.
    I wasnít saying there canít (or wonít) be improvement. Was only saying as of right now. Thatís far from an ideal situation Iíd want to be in, to help RJ along

I wasnít saying there canít (or wonít) be improvement. Was only saying as of right now. Thatís far from an ideal situation Iíd want to be in, to help RJ along
    To have FVV as primary ball handler? I think we could do a lot worse but whatever.

Also I brought this up in the around the league thread, that Murray/Jokic high p&r is so deadly, Frank ran that with KP to perfection as a rookie and then we just completely stopped doing it, probably because our coaches have been idiots (and losing KP obviously)...

But you can run that high P&R again and actually help the PG whoever it is to create space. Feel like I saw zero of that last season.

To have FVV as primary ball handler? I think we could do a lot worse but whatever.

Also I brought this up in the around the league thread, that Murray/Jokic high p&r is so deadly, Frank ran that with KP to perfection as a rookie and then we just completely stopped doing it, probably because our coaches have been idiots (and losing KP obviously)...

But you can run that high P&R again and actually help the PG whoever it is to create space. Feel like I saw zero of that last season.
    Not a knock on FVV. Just those 3 together. Specifically Frank. For that to be appealing, there needs to be more offensive ability, more shooting.

I want Hampton. If we go safe with 8 (Vassell), I definitely want us to go high upside with Hampton. I believe he's going to end up being the talk of this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Young had a 60% TS last year, that's incredibly efficient, WAY above league average and pretty close to Curry's career 62%.

AI for comparison was only at 52% for his career.
    You win this round. Now let's get back to the Knicks lol

I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I approve this message
    There was that vid of him the other day with Johnnie Bryant putting up corner threes and now another one went up with him and Iggy shooting corner threes...

Iím really going mostly off of Thibsí comments but it will really be interesting to me to see some of these guys under him with guys like Bryant, Kenny Payne, and Woody working with them. Just feels very different from what weíve had in past seasons.

There was that vid of him the other day with Johnnie Bryant putting up corner threes and now another one went up with him and Iggy shooting corner threes...

Iím really going mostly off of Thibsí comments but it will really be interesting to me to see some of these guys under him with guys like Bryant, Kenny Payne, and Woody working with them. Just feels very different from what weíve had in past seasons.
    I truly believe RJ and frank will show a ton of improvement with their shot and all around game.

Both of those guys are going to work hard, you know that for a fact with both of those guys. I cant say the same for dsj, knox, or mitch.

I also think once this team has a roster that can give each other proper spacing with improved 3 point shooting, both frank and RJ will shine. Especially rj, rj statistically played with the least amount of space in the nba.

What our front office was thinking when they built that roster is beyond me. With real pg and 3 pt shooters I have to believe RJ is easily averaging 18-19 a game.

I also really want to see if iggy and Harper can get minutes this season. If iggy can become an effecient scorer I think he's got a legit shot. Harper looks like he could fight for a off the bench pg position.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 09-25-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Hopefully all of these guys improve their jumpers. Theyíve had so much time off since our last game and theyíll have even more time off until the next season starts. Shooting is one area which you can improve in individual drills. Hopefully RJ, Frank, Knox, and Mitchell are all working on their games, working with the coaching staff, watching tape, and working out.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I truly believe RJ and frank will show a ton of improvement with their shot and all around game.

Both of those guys are going to work hard, you know that for a fact with both of those guys. I cant say the same for dsj, knox, or mitch.

I also think once this team has a roster that can give each other proper spacing with improved 3 point shooting, both frank and RJ will shine. Especially rj, rj statistically played with the least amount of space in the nba.

What our front office was thinking when they built that roster is beyond me. With real pg and 3 pt shooters I have to believe RJ is easily averaging 18-19 a game.

I also really want to see if iggy and Harper can get minutes this season. If iggy can become an effecient scorer I think he's got a legit shot. Harper looks like he could fight for a off the bench pg position.
    btw, Knox is known as the hardest worker on the team and why is it everyone else's job to spread the floor, except our guards? RJ and Frank are the main culprits of NOT spreading the floor appropriately. We scream at our PF for not being the shooter he should but all fingers need to point at guards who can't shoot first. And spreading the floor for Frank is pointless. He's not driving to the basket so...its a nice thought but its just not applicable