Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 545 of 797 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555595645 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 11948
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I like Jrue but his teams never win and he has a checkered injury history. Feel like FVV is the safer bet (isnít he younger as well?)
    Heís younger sure but Iíd rather have Jrue if Iím trying to win
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lavine plays PG for CHI, JRUE has been a PG his entire career, how can you put him at SG just b/c he plays there sometimes but FVV who literally starts at SG is a PG?. It's double standards all around. and I completely disagree about the others but even if you're right about ALL those guys that still puts him around #15. so how is he 10th under ANY scenario?
    Lavine played PG due to no other options. FVV is better than Jrue as a PG. FVVís TS% is higher than Jrueís anyway. Some of the other guys on the list are combo-guards or point-forward types so depending on you categorize them, FVV could be near 10th.

The point is, a Top 15 PG is still a playoff PG. Thatís a huge step in the right direction and can help change the culture. FVV already has a ring, maybe we wants to get his money and become the king of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Lavine played PG due to no other options. FVV is better than Jrue as a PG. FVVís TS% is higher than Jrueís anyway. Some of the other guys on the list are combo-guards or point-forward types so depending on you categorize them, FVV could be near 10th.

The point is, a Top 15 PG is still a playoff PG. Thatís a huge step in the right direction and can help change the culture. FVV already has a ring, maybe we wants to get his money and become the king of NY.
    King of ny? Lol never happen.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Iíd take fox over fvv 100 times out of 100 times lol
    Due to youth and talent? Sure. But he hasnít moved the needle at all in Sacramento. Foxís shooting and defense is a major question mark, and those are two areas where FVV excels at among other things.

Right now Iíd rank FVV ahead of Fox.

I would in a second do Wiggins +2 for 8
    Or even Wiggins +2 for 8+ mavs 21
    No way they do 2 just to get rid of Wiggins. If that happens we need to make the call now
    I want next year's Wolves pick. Will be a stronger draft next year.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Exactly, who cares if heís 15th best or 18th best or whatever. PG is the deepest position in the league, FVV does everything we could ask for from the guard spot, and heís a winner/champion. Iíd take him in a heartbeat.
    Yeah heís worth the max to go from 30th in the league at the PG spot to 15th lol then we can finally focus on building an actual roster.

Due to youth and talent? Sure. But he hasnít moved the needle at all in Sacramento. Foxís shooting and defense is a major question mark, and those are two areas where FVV excels at among other things.

Right now Iíd rank FVV ahead of Fox.
    Hey man everyoneís entitled to their own opinion but Fox is better. Fox hasnít moved the needle in sac because the team is trash the team is poorly coached and injuries have hurt Bagley and himself. Fvv is in a good situation. Heís the #2/3 option and doesnít have to carry a team. I like fvv and think people saying he wasnít good in the playoffs was a stretch but that still doesnít change the fact that heís in a good position now and that helps him
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I want next year's Wolves pick. Will be a stronger draft next year.
    Yeah but I like Lamelo too. If it was ever true that they were giving two picks and we got 2+wolves pick + Wiggins for 8+ mavs 21 I think Iíd streak down my block everyday for a month
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Hey man everyoneís entitled to their own opinion but Fox is better. Fox hasnít moved the needle in sac because the team is trash the team is poorly coached and injuries have hurt Bagley and himself. Fvv is in a good situation. Heís the #2/3 option and doesnít have to carry a team. I like fvv and think people saying he wasnít good in the playoffs was a stretch but that still doesnít change the fact that heís in a good position now and that helps him
    Fox just scores a little more, but FVV could score 20+PPG easily too if he played on a bad team too FVV is a way better shooter and is much better defensively. Fox has more potential long term, but I would take FVV if Iím trying to win right now.

FVV might want to get out of his teamís shadow.

Yeah but I like Lamelo too. If it was ever true that they were giving two picks and we got 2+wolves pick + Wiggins for 8+ mavs 21 I think Iíd streak down my block everyday for a month
    Yeah I don't think it's two picks. I believe it would be the Wolves next year. They shouldn't have to give up two picks for Wiggins. I don't know man. With the Wolves pick+Knicks pick+ Dallas pick, we could own next years draft. And that draft is stacked.

FVV vs Terry Rozier FWIW

https://stathead.com/tiny/wpmvf

I love FVV, but he's not worth maxing. The line has to be drawn somewhere even if it means not getting him. I'm not sure that it would be smart to offer anything more than 4/$85. Also, I think if you were in the pro-Brogdon camp last year, you shouldn't have any issue with paying FVV. I think he's a better player.

Fox just scores a little more, but FVV could score 20+PPG easily too if he played on a bad team too FVV is a way better shooter and is much better defensively. Fox has more potential long term, but I would take FVV if Iím trying to win right now.

FVV might want to get out of his teamís shadow.
    you lock in on players and get carried away. No FVV cannot "easily" score 20+ppg, he's never done it and even PER 36 he only scored 17.8ppg in his career year. There's nothing to suggest he can score 20ppg on any kind of decent efficiency, he was already below league average despite not being the man.

Fox averaged 21/7/4 on 48% shooting, 56% TS as the #1 option, and you're going to say FVV is better? come on now. Rozier is a much better comp for FVV.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I love FVV, but he's not worth maxing. The line has to be drawn somewhere even if it means not getting him. I'm not sure that it would be smart to offer anything more than 4/$85. Also, I think if you were in the pro-Brogdon camp last year, you shouldn't have any issue with paying FVV. I think he's a better player.
    we had $78m in cap last year, and we weren't drafting in a PG heavy draft. Brogdon can also play 3 positions so he didnt have to be the long term answer at PG. You can say FVV is starting at SG, but just because it works on one team doesn't mean it will work for us. He's very small for the SG position, and if you want a SG, why not go after Beasely who is 23 and 6'4? FVV also already isn't very efficient, you could expect a dip in efficiency from Brogdon, but if you have that same dip from FVV who is already below average in efficiency, then you literally have another THJR situation who everyone seemed to hate even at $18m. now people want to give FVV 25...even 30m?

A bit different with FVV who is 6'0 tall and we're heading into a draft with Ball, Hayes, Hali, Cole, Lewis, & Maxey.

NBA is moving toward pushing back this year's draft, scheduled for Oct. 16, along with Oct. 18 start of free agency, partly because of likelihood that the tentative opening of the 2020-21 season will be delayed from Dec. 1, per sources. Also allows more time to set a salary cap.

-WOJ

Just what everyone wanted to hear. More waiting.