Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 543 of 803 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593643 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 12037
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    We're going to be in on FVV. Whether we actually get him is a different story, but we in all likelihood will be making a substantial offer to him in the 20-25M per year range for 3-4 years.

I think you guys are being way too dismissive of this possibility. If Toronto matches, so be it. But if they don't, we have a legitimate chance to pry him away.
    Agreed. I think it's more that he shouldn't leave, not that he necessarily won't. We have no idea what he's thinking and he's not restricted so he can do whatever he wants without Toronto interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    There may better skilled and more talented pgs than FVV, but there isnt 17 other pgs in the nba I'd prefer to run my team over FVV.

FVV knows how to run a damn offense as good if not better than anyone.
    hard to say b/c he's not even the main PG on his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I do agree that Okoro may be the better bet, but the thing I like about Vassell is that he looks like he can be more than just your standard 3 and D wing. He actually flashes the ability to create for himself off the dribble.
    Im also high on Vassell. His motor alone (which Okoro also has) would be super helpful, Then yes his 3 & D ability.

Someone in here mentioned yesterday that most of the successful bubble teams have a lot of playmaking (basically point guard style play) coming from the wing etc (RJ potentiality for us). Frank obviously has a long way to go three point shooting wise but last night these knicks Twitter posters put up his games against Doncic this year and Franks defense on him was just unreal. Against Doncic whos literally one of the best players in the league. Think were the only team who swept them this year in our season series actually (or at least someone on twitter said that).

Anyway that was a tangent but under Thibs Frank/Vassell/RJ/Mitch is just very intriguing defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's very undersized at the 2. and I understand someone we draft not starting immediately, but you're talking about locking up the PG position for 4 years.
    He starts at the 2 in Toronto and doesn't seem to have an issue. Him and Lowry are both 6'0". Donovan Mitchell is 6'1" and doesn't have an issue either.

I wouldn't do it for everyone, but these guys are clearly exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Hopefully Grant Riller. (Id take Tyrell Terry as well).
    I guess I was hoping that in this draft which is clearly PG heavy, we could do better. No reason not to come away with either Cole or Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I guess I was hoping that in this draft which is clearly PG heavy, we could do better. No reason not to come away with either Cole or Lewis.
    I hear ya, well see how it all shakes out...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I mean I don't disagree with the idea that Toronto will want FVV back. They certainly will. How badly do they want him back? What is their number where they walk, if there even is one?

But just because Toronto wants him back, we should not even try to sign him? That makes zero sense.
    Right, smart teams don't just spend freely. Every player has a number where they are willing to walk away. Cap management is essential to team building. How different is this situation than the Celtics choosing not to pay Avery Bradley, who at the time was regarded as one of the best two way SGs in the league?

We have no idea what Toronto is thinking, what's their number for him, if they think that money can be spent more wisely, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    hard to say b/c he's not even the main PG on his own team.
    Lowry is still a very good veteran pg who deserves to have his hands on the ball.

But just about every game I've watched the last 2 seasons, the ball is in FVVs hands in crunch time.

That tells me who the raptors truly trust more to run point.

I hear ya, well see how it all shakes out...
    With the report coming out today that the Knicks are gearing up for the 2021 draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down this year to pick up another pick next year. If they can pull that off it would be brilliant.

With the report coming out today that the Knicks are gearing up for the 2021 draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down this year to pick up another pick next year. If they can pull that off it would be brilliant.
    Id be good with that as well. Lewis plus Poku in this draft is a potential steal if we can pull it off plus adding another first next year, Im all for it.

Im also high on Vassell. His motor alone (which Okoro also has) would be super helpful, Then yes his 3 & D ability.

Someone in here mentioned yesterday that most of the successful bubble teams have a lot of playmaking (basically point guard style play) coming from the wing etc (RJ potentiality for us). Frank obviously has a long way to go three point shooting wise but last night these knicks Twitter posters put up his games against Doncic this year and Franks defense on him was just unreal. Against Doncic whos literally one of the best players in the league. Think were the only team who swept them this year in our season series actually (or at least someone on twitter said that).

Anyway that was a tangent but under Thibs Frank/Vassell/RJ/Mitch is just very intriguing defensively.

Hi. That was me....my point was some of us are so ready to give up everything to move up to #1 or #2 for Ball (who I am still not 100% sold on) but if you look at the teams in bubble, you need don't NEED a Traditional Point...what you need is a player or players that can facilitate the offense from their position (Luke, Lebron, Jokic); a player who can make plays for other, doesn't matter their size. Knicks have 2 of these player ALREADY RJ and Frank. What the NEED; is a GUNNER from the guard spot to make those players execute at a higher rate (i.e. assist %) - Think about them next to Kira or FVV or Harris or even Buddy Hield.
    Last edited by teddygreen17; 08-25-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Hi. That was me....my point was some of us are so ready to give up everything to move up to #1 or #2 for Ball (who I am still not 100% sold on) but if you look at the teams in bubble, you need don't NEED a Traditional Point...what you need is a player or players that can facilitate the offense from their position (Luke, Lebron, Jokic); a player who can make plays for other, doesn't matter their size. Knicks have 2 of these player ALREADY RJ and Frank. What the NEED; is a GUNNER from the guard spot to make those players execute at a higher rate (i.e. assist %) - Think about them next to Kira or FVV or Harris or even Buddy Hield.
    Yeah Im with you. I think Im more open to maxing FVV than most here but I guess others also think him leaving the Raps is a pipe dream which maybe it is and theyre right. Guess we shall see.

From where I sit Vassell looks a lot better than Okoro but neither possess the wing attributes the Knicks desperately need most. Vassel can shoot and Okoro is aggressive but neither are very creative or do much of anything with the ball for themselves or anyone else although I've seen more of that from Vassell than Okoro.

"the Warriors are looking to trade down or out of the draft. Getting rid of the wing while using Minnesota's 2021 pick as a sweetener is the best way to construct such a trade from their perspective"

https://syndication-bleacherreport-c...rom%20%251%24s

Wait are you kidding me? I can get Minnys 2021 pick by taking Wiggins contract? Sign me up!

"the Warriors are looking to trade down or out of the draft. Getting rid of the wing while using Minnesota's 2021 pick as a sweetener is the best way to construct such a trade from their perspective"

https://syndication-bleacherreport-c...rom%20%251%24s

Wait are you kidding me? I can get Minnys 2021 pick by taking Wiggins contract? Sign me up!
    Dont trust anything bleacher report has to say. I read warriors want to have as many 2021 picks as they can. They wanna have wolves pick their pick and grab another one or two on draft night
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331