Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 495 of 816 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Warriors
    Yeah the Warriors arent trying to give away Wiggins. Wed need to include the 8th pick. Were the desperate ones.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Toppin aint lasting until 8 though.

I think Wiggins can definitely play PF. If we fot Nesmith or Vassell, no one on the squad would be shorter than 66. Wed basically be positonless.
    You never know. I think wed get destroyed on the boards and by stronger teams. Wiggins is under 200lbs and Wood is 215lbs. Nesmith would be our heaviest player in the starting 5 lol and Vassell is only 180lbs so that would be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Toppin aint lasting until 8 though.

I think Wiggins can definitely play PF. If we fot Nesmith or Vassell, no one on the squad would be shorter than 66. Wed basically be positonless.
    Obi could definitely slip:

Minn: Edwards
    GS: Deny
    Hornets: Wiseman
    Bulls: LaMelo
    Clev: Onyeka
    Atl: Okoro
    Detroit: Hayes
    Knicks: Hali

Atl might take Obi but I think they'll go with a wing.

"With the core of Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green expect back for the 2020-21 season, Lacob owes it to the team to go after another championship. Andrew Wiggins contract is an albatross, but could become attractive to another team if packaged with the two high draft picks Golden State will have over the next couple of seasons."

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...-in-luxury-tax

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Mitch is nowhere near the talent KP was. and if we replaced KP with someone like Ball it would have been great. the issue is we got nothing back.
    It wouldnt have been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Obi could definitely slip:

Minn: Edwards
    GS: Deny
    Hornets: Wiseman
    Bulls: LaMelo
    Clev: Onyeka
    Atl: Okoro
    Detroit: Hayes
    Knicks: Hali

Atl might take Obi but I think they'll go with a wing.
    I could see atl trading back forvassell. Put him at sg next to trae.

They already have collins and have to pay him. They have to put as much defenders around trae

Trae
    Vassell
    Hunter?
    Collins
    Capela

Isnt. a bad team

Maybe get an sf ..they could take Okoro like you said as well

Knicks traded KP and spent 78mil to improve from 3rd worst team to 8th worst team lmao.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

you think smart teams build with quantity over 1 big star?

Ball isn't a big name shiny toy, he's the best prospect. you're basically saying wanting the best prospect is somehow bad?

in my entire lifetime the Knicks have never picked or traded for the best prospect in a draft so not sure how it's "the same thing over and over".

whether ball reaches his potential or not, you at least take that chance, so that you have a chance to have a legit star.
    Its not the consequence best prospect in the draft and its a bad draft.

As of today, I think there is a good chance Hayes or Okoro will be there at 8.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    As of today, I think there is a good chance Hayes or Okoro will be there at 8.
    Okoro is a wing who cant shoot

It's not always about the quick first step, step back J, or the cross over. Sometimes, it's more about making smart winning plays consistently. Tony Parker, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Chauncey B, Rondo, Lowry,..aren't the type to wow anyone in a workout or highlight video. I could see Hali being that type of productive guard for years on end. If we're picking 8th, I like the 6 5' winner who can knock it down from the hash mark.

Btw, this is a pick and roll league and Hali is as good as anyone in the draft at running it outside of possibly LaMelo. His shooting might make Hali as dangerous. Did I forget about Hali's 7ft wing span?
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-21-2020 at 08:02 PM.

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

ultimately i'm fine taking Cole and throwing a big offer at Malik... but they need to explore every avenue to get Ball first.

otherwise when Ball is putting up 28/10/7 in 2-3 years we can add him to the list of guys we played it safe for.
    You love guards that cant shoot. We can run out Frank, Ball, and RJ right? So long as we get a stretch 4 that does nothing else like Bertens.

Id actually be very excited to get Ball but I doubt he is starting quality from the jump. Hes not Zion or Jah. Giving up a 21 year old that is clearly a quality starter and an impact player on D and on the offensive glass for a project and thats what Ball is, is a big gamble

Last edited by ewing; 08-21-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Ball and RJ aren't compatible?!?!

I see quite the opposite.

RJ Barrett is more effective when someone gets him the ball.

He's definitely a playmaker when he's slashing, taking a short jumper or making a secondary pass. Ball doesn't care about his scoring stats. He's a pass first floor leader similar to Jason Kidd in that, he can run a fast-tempo offense and/or half court set.

I definitely see Leon Rose working the phones. I definitely think, teams will listen. Having said that, we can entertain each other with other possibilities:

Scenario 1: The Scott Perry maneuver, just draft what's there.
    #8th pick the Knicks select Deni Avdija
    #27 pick the Knicks select Kira Lewis Jr.

Speed and playmaking.

Scenario 2: Trade down.
    Knicks swap picks, trade down and draft Cole Anthony

Scenario 3: Knicks pay the king's ransom and receive LaMelo Ball.

b/c we'd be giving them the #8 pick also, and taking Wiggins.

but yea thinking we are getting the #2 for peanuts is silly, GSW will get tons of offers.

and yea people are acting like Mitch is proven and Ball isn't, the reality is they are both unproven. Mitch has only proven he can be a 20mpg role player, can he actually stay on the court on a winning team? we'll see. But Ball is younger and much more skilled and much more suited to the modern game.
    I understand the 8th pick and taking Wiggins, but that's still peanuts imo for the 2md pick.

I mean the contract is bad, but right now, wiggins is better than any player we have.

Bad contract doesnt change the fact that wiggins was good last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    He's unproven and has may have motor issues like ya boy Whiteside
    That may be true, or it may be just a rumor, I personally dont know if any circumstances or tape that shows that.

All I saw was a complete monster on the court.

Just throwing it out there. Hali shot 50% from the field and 42% from 3pt range with 7ast and 6rbs with 2.5steals and almost 1 blk a game. That's serious production combined with great leadership. Hoping Detroit takes Hayes and not Hali