Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 493 of 802 FirstFirst ... 393443483491492493494495503543593 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 12028
  1. #7381
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Meh, if I had to guess right now Iíd bet LaMelo will be the better pro than RJ. Heís shiftier, far better playmaker & ball handler, and may end up the better shooter as well.
    I would say they're basically on the same level. Even if you give LaMelo the slight edge, why would you give up RJ PLUS more assets to get LaMelo? The first idea should be to pair them, and unless you think LaMelo is going to be far and way the better player, why would you include more assets with the trade?

  2. #7382
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,525
    I don't even know if gsw even wants to trade wiggins they'd have a huge whole at sf even if they trade him they don't have cap to upgrade at sf this would be a sick lineup for them

    Curry hali
    Klay
    Wiggins
    Green
    Mitch

  3. #7383
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I would say they're basically on the same level. Even if you give LaMelo the slight edge, why would you give up RJ PLUS more assets to get LaMelo? The first idea should be to pair them, and unless you think LaMelo is going to be far and way the better player, why would you include more assets with the trade?
    Iíll tell you why. A: because the Wolves arenít dealing the #1 pick for RJ alone, that ainít getting it done. Weíll be competing with every team in the league on this deal but Iím speculating RJ plus Dal picks could actually get it done. It will take something close to that regardless.

    B: RJ needs the ball in his hands a lot. So does LaMelo. And RJ isnít exactly what Iíd call a floor spacer. In my scenario we also KEEP the #8 pick, where we could add a Cole or Vassell or Nesmith.

    Cole actually is a motion shooter, he reminds me a bit of CJ McCollum if he can reach his potential, only he should be a better defender than CJ. He could actually fit very well next to LaMelo, or if you prefer you can go safer 3 & D with a Vassell or Nesmith there.

  4. #7384
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíll tell you why. A: because the Wolves arenít dealing the #1 pick for RJ alone, that ainít getting it done. Weíll be competing with every team in the league on this deal but Iím speculating RJ plus Dal picks could actually get it done. It will take something close to that regardless.

    B: RJ needs the ball in his hands a lot. So does LaMelo. And RJ isnít exactly what Iíd call a floor spacer. In my scenario we also KEEP the #8 pick, where we could add a Cole or Vassell or Nesmith.

    Cole actually is a motion shooter, he reminds me a bit of CJ McCollum if he can reach his potential, only he should be a better defender than CJ. He could actually fit very well next to LaMelo, or if you prefer you can go safer 3 & D with a Vassell or Nesmith there.
    I guess if we end up with LaMelo and Nesmith/Vassell, I can get on board with that if we only give up one of the Mavs picks.

  5. #7385
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,625
    I can't see Minnesota and/or Golden State looking to trade away the top 2 draft picks unless there is an offer to blow them away.

    The biggest complaint coming out of Minnesota is a lack of talent around Karl Anthony-Towns. Minnesota traded for a point guard, D'Angelo Russell and they have the opportunity to draft maybe the only transcendental player in this draft, Anthony Edwards.

    However the Wolves have been known to make decisions that never make them better:
    1. See the trade that sent KG to the Celtics.
    2. See drafting Johnny Flynn & Ricky Rubio above Steph Curry.
    3. Three team trade for Cavs selection of Andrew Wiggins

    The Warriors are a different story.

    This is an aging team interested in making one more run at a title.

    Ideally the Warriors would love a big man with versatility. I'm not sure they'd want Mitch. Why go after Mitch when Andre Drummond last season was available and pretty much the Pistons gave him to the Cavs for nothing. Drummond had no takers and opted-in for his player option and chose to stay in Cleveland.

    The problem with the Knicks, their assets are limited.

    However, the Knicks CAN take on bad contracts to get that pick. That's their biggest advantage.

    I hope Leon Rose is bold.

  6. #7386
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,431
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Meh, if I had to guess right now Iíd bet LaMelo will be the better pro than RJ. Heís shiftier, far better playmaker & ball handler, and may end up the better shooter as well.
    yup, I think RJ and 2 DAL firsts is too much, but I'd bet on Ball being better.

    And I think RJ will be a Jimmy Butler type, but I think Ball will be a Doncic.

    knicks arent trading RJ though, it's too bold.

  7. #7387
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yup, I think RJ and 2 DAL firsts is too much, but I'd bet on Ball being better.

    And I think RJ will be a Jimmy Butler type, but I think Ball will be a Doncic.

    knicks arent trading RJ though, it's too bold.
    Well again if we end up not trading Iím good with Lewis at 8 (I think Hayes will be gone), Lewis is at least fast/good burst and can break down a defense. And he can shoot. Heís grown on me.

    Draft Bane at 27, motion shooter, two way player who puts up volume threes at over 40% and is just a big strong dude.

    If you can steal Poku somewhere great. This would be my plan going in barring a trade.

  8. #7388
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You're downplaying Mitch's value to a team like GS, a contender and true believer in moneyball. He's making less than 2% of the salary cap. His return on investment during these next two years of prime title contention is going to be off the charts. Basically, every Knick lineup is better with Mitch in it. Just imagine the vertical spacing and defense Mitch could provide. That's not peanuts. Not even close.

    Now, does Mitch alone get us #2. Almost certainly not. Does Mitch and #8? It should. And if they want us to take on Wiggins, then we better be getting more than just #2, or perhaps we don't even need to include Mitch at all.
    I think GS would rather have Mitch than our pick.

  9. #7389
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    If we were to even consider RJ in this deal it would have to be RJ alone for Ball.

    Nothing else. Even then I don't love it.

    Would rather trade a package centered around Mitch and we know GS already wants him.

  10. #7390
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,356
    We canít deal RJ. If we do, we pretty much have nothing for Ball to work with

    Unless the plan is to be completely terrible until Balls rookie deal is up

  11. #7391
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I think GS would rather have Mitch than our pick.
    Mitch and Dallas 2021 for #2 and Wiggins, who says no?

  12. #7392
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    yup, I think RJ and 2 DAL firsts is too much, but I'd bet on Ball being better.

    And I think RJ will be a Jimmy Butler type, but I think Ball will be a Doncic.

    knicks arent trading RJ though, it's too bold.
    Lamelo has to go to the right situation or he wonít reach his heights... he needs to be a primary ball handler for a team... Iím not sure that happens in Minny or Golden State... I donít know how the Knicks acquire him, but it has to be a concerted effort from team ball and the Knicks..

    On the flip side I donít see him getting past the hornets at three... if the Knicks do not get that Golden State pick then you could forget about ball.

    Realistically Frank, #8, #27, top 5 protected 2021 Knicks pick, cap filler, for Wiggins and #2.

    I still make that deal if Minny boldly takes Melo #1 and itís Edwards on the board instead

  13. #7393
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    We canít deal RJ. If we do, we pretty much have nothing for Ball to work with

    Unless the plan is to be completely terrible until Balls rookie deal is up
    Yeah I don't love it. Would rather have Ball grow with RJ and our picks this year and next.

  14. #7394
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Mitch and Dallas 2021 for #2 and Wiggins, who says no?
    LMAO this was my original proposal. I like the deal for both sides.

    Neither side says no. It helps both teams immensely.

  15. #7395
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Mitch and Dallas 2021 for #2 and Wiggins, who says no?
    I think we as Knick fans are grossly overrating Mitch... he didnít even make the rookie game either year. He not enough to swing that deal... GSW actually has competent management...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •