Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 454 of 795 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 11917
    I just hope this front office finally makes the right pick wherever we end up selecting. We cannot continue to have Ntilikina over Donovan Mitchell or Knox over SGA. I really hope they focus more on talent, skill and motor over potential and measureables.

There is no LeBron or even a Zion level talent in this draft so I'm not going to be that sad when we don't end up winning the lottery. This is a type of draft it seems where the best players could be picked in the teens and 20s.

Knicks need to do their homework and get it right!

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

BR posted their final mock and it is my absolute nightmare. Knicks fall to 8 and draft Haliburton.

Cole falls all the way to 21 makes me think of trading up that Clippers pick to get him.

I have thought all along someone will fall that will be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

BR posted their final mock and it is my absolute nightmare. Knicks fall to 8 and draft Haliburton.

Cole falls all the way to 21 makes me think of trading up that Clippers pick to get him.

I have thought all along someone will fall that will be a surprise.
    I like Hali personally, Id be fine with him. But if that draft played out that way, Hayes would be the pick IMO

I think Jahmi'us Ramsey is a better prospect than Cole Anthony. JR's 6 10' wing span allows him to play much bigger defensively than his 6 3' size and he's a more lethal shooter than Cole is even though he's a yr younger. JR is really rough around the edges defensively which is why coaching will be important to his career and he isn't the PG we're looking for but he could be the dog and scorer we need at SG.

I would be ok walking away from this draft with JR and Paul Reed if no LaMelo.

Maxey is a guy that is intriguing me a lot, might have the highest upside of any PG outside of Ball. His physical tools and makeup are better than most PG's. I think he could be the DM or Devin Booker of this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I like Hali personally, Id be fine with him. But if that draft played out that way, Hayes would be the pick IMO
    Yeah I'm not a fan of Hali. Decent floor but low ceiling. Knicks need to go for a player with a higher upside.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Maxey is a guy that is intriguing me a lot, might have the highest upside of any PG outside of Ball. His physical tools and makeup are better than most PG's. I think he could be the DM or Devin Booker of this draft.
    I think Cole has a higher upside than Maxey. But I would take Maxey over Hali.

I just don't see it. Not a PG and not a great or consistent scorer either. As far as guards go in this draft, I take LaMelo, Edwards, Hali, Ramsey...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I think Cole has a higher upside than Maxey. But I would take Maxey over Hali.
    Cole & Maxey are same tier to me now. But I think both fit better than Hali or Hayes.

Cole & Maxey are same tier to me now. But I think both fit better than Hali or Hayes.
    I think Maxey could be on the same tier as Cole if he plays SG. I like Cole better at PG. Yeah I am not that high on Hayes either.

Why do they fit better than guys who shoot and run a team better? They might be slightly more gifted scorers than Hali or Hayes but Cole and Maxey can't run a team or facilitate the way the Knicks need. They both remind me of Trey Burke.

Hali is a floor general and so is Hayes. Not flashy but over time, more valuable than a guy that is sometimes good at getting his. If a scoring guard is what we're after, who better than Jahmi'us?

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I keep hearing this is a weak draft but when I look at the bigs, they look pretty impressive.

Wiseman, Onyeka, Obi, Deni, Paul Reed, Jalen Smith, Bey, Precious, and Im sure Im missing some.
    Yeea I don't agree with that weak draft logic. There are players in every draft. There was only one draft in my 29 year lifetime where I said that's it? Gotta put the work in but can't over think it

Why do they fit better than guys who shoot and run a team better? They might be slightly more gifted scorers than Hali or Hayes but Cole and Maxey can't run a team or facilitate the way the Knicks need. They both remind me of Trey Burke.

Hali is a floor general and so is Hayes. Not flashy but over time, more valuable than a guy that is sometimes good at getting his. If a scoring guard is what we're after, who better than Jahmi'us?
    I mean Cole can shoot. And Maxey I think will be a good shooter. He's always shot well at the FT line and from 3 outside of his 1 year at KU. I think he can be a Bledsoe type or even a DM.

But what we need just as much as shooting is someone who can break down a defense and create for others. That's why Ball is #1 on everyone's list.

Hali can shoot but can he break down a defense? He never draws fouls. He's an east/west kinda PG, not north/south. He's a Malcom Brogdon type with better passing. And I love Brogdon, but if you have a chance to get someone that can break down a defense you do it. Hayes is just an unknown.

I just don't see it. Not a PG and not a great or consistent scorer either. As far as guards go in this draft, I take LaMelo, Edwards, Hali, Ramsey...
    Ramsey is not an option with our first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Im fine picking Cole but we wont need to trade up. 99% sure hell be there at 7/8.
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If they want him, its more likely that they would be able to trade down to get him rather than having to trade up for him.

If they trade up, the target would be a different player.
    I'm not saying we should or shouldnt trade up for cole.

But the knicks are all time stupid if they trade up for anyone who isnt a ball handling 3 point ace.

How many more players who cant handle the rock and pull the 3 can we keep adding to this roster before we finally get it?

You guys may think cole should be available, and that you can trade back and still get him, but the entire nba is watching these playoffs, and Last years playoffs and thinking, we need more 3 point shooting.

May be better all around players in the draft, but none of them can pull and pop like Cole.