Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 444 of 816 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 12240

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    If I could get a backcourt of Cole/Lewis and Maxey, I would sign for that right now. And I agree with those that say Maxey is more of a SG.
    I think Maxey is definitely more of a PG who was shoe-horned into more of an off-guard role. He struggled with his C&S opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Aldridge as well as Brian Windhorst are going on the fact, Lonzo Ball hasn't played well at all in the bubble. He was benched last night.

Lonzo Ball will be an UFA after the 2020-21 season...so there's a possibility that New Orleans will listen to offers.

My concern with Lonzo is the fact, he really hasn't worked on his game much.

People complain about Frank Ntilikina, Lonzo Ball hasn't really moved the needle over 3 seasons...if anything he's regressing badly. His offensive stats are down across the board.
    What lmao his 3% went up huge lmao
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think Maxey is definitely more of a PG who was shoe-horned into more of an off-guard role. He struggled with his C&S opportunities.
    I mean another alternative would be to run Maxey at PG and Cole at SG. That also works.

I mean another alternative would be to run Maxey at PG and Cole at SG. That also works.
    You keep talking about two-PG lineups (with rookies no less). I'm not sure how that's going to work, especially for the type of guys you're talking about - Cole, Kira Lewis, Maxey, etc. These aren't guys that can guard beyond their own position.

I mean look at the SGs in our division alone.

BOS - Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart
    PHI - Josh Richardson
    TOR - FVV
    BKN - LeVert/Joe Harris

FVV is the only guy that arguably is a fair matchup size-wise. Otherwise, you're pretty much at a disadvantage. And that's going to be the case for most teams in the league beyond our division.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    You keep talking about two-PG lineups (with rookies no less). I'm not sure how that's going to work, especially for the type of guys you're talking about - Cole, Kira Lewis, Maxey, etc. These aren't guys that can guard beyond their own position.

PHI - Josh Richardson
    TOR - FVV
    BKN - LeVert/Joe Harris

FVV is the only guy that arguably is a fair matchup size-wise. Otherwise, you're pretty much at a disadvantage. And that's going to be the case for most teams in the league beyond our division.
    Yeah we’re not starting two rookie point guards next to each other this season, that I can 100% guarantee you.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    What lmao his 3% went up huge lmao
    I'm just going to repost what I posted and was already said by Aldridge and what that means...

Mark 7:37 gives the Aldridge tweet about Lonzo Ball being possibly moved.

Mark 7:53 shows how his stats dropped pre-bubble to last 7 games in the bubble. Example: 12.4 ppg to just 7 ppg.

If the Pelicans weren't afraid to trade Davis, why would they re-sign a guy who will demand $18M/season after next season? Assuming Lonzo Ball even wants to re-sign with New Orleans.

Personally I think he'll sign with Sacramento after he's a free agent in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    The Pelicans traded AD because they had no choice. He was leaving. That has exactly nothing in common with this

Ball was playing very well pre-bubble. Again, I don’t see a team dumping a guy because of a 7 game stretch on these crazy times.
    What do you mean, they had no choice?

The Pelicans are owned by the Saints. Anthony Davis' agent thought he could fool this Southern lady into trading him for nothing. She ordered the Pelicans to sit his fool butt in the 4th, give him games off every now and then...CAREFULLY avoiding a confrontation with the union via guidelines and keeping him from getting that SALARY BONUS.

She sat down with Davis' agent and basically said, "We OWN you for another season. We're not giving you up for nothing."
    And THAT'S when she hired David Griffin, who was interested in the Knicks but Mills sent him away because he was a threat...

And David Griffin fleeced the Lakers of their young talent and THREE first rounders, which will be the minimum asking price of any star these days.

Lonzo Ball won't attract any of that. He has one season left. Like I said, I think he's headed to Sacramento via trade or as an UFA.

I see some Russell Westbrook in Maxey. WB wasn't thought of as a PG either and wasn't great in college.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I see some Russell Westbrook in Maxey. WB wasn't thought of as a PG either and wasn't great in college.
    Is there a vid link you can post with the Payne comments?

What do you mean, they had no choice?

The Pelicans are owned by the Saints. Anthony Davis' agent thought he could fool this Southern lady into trading him for nothing. She ordered the Pelicans to sit his fool butt in the 4th, give him games off every now and then...CAREFULLY avoiding a confrontation with the union via guidelines and keeping him from getting that SALARY BONUS.

She sat down with Davis' agent and basically said, "We OWN you for another season. We're not giving you up for nothing."
    And THAT'S when she hired David Griffin, who was interested in the Knicks but Mills sent him away because he was a threat...

And David Griffin fleeced the Lakers of their young talent and THREE first rounders, which will be the minimum asking price of any star these days.

Lonzo Ball won't attract any of that. He has one season left. Like I said, I think he's headed to Sacramento via trade or as an UFA.
    All those stories are great and all, thanks for that..

But that plus 2.75 gets me on the train. Means absolutely nothing

AD was NOT resigning there. They were going to lose him for nothing. Therefore, they were dealing him. The fact that LA blinked was great for them, good job. But it wasn’t “they weren’t scared of trading him, blah blah blah” or whatever you will say next. Whether they traded him then, or whenever else, it was happening

Lonzo is a good young player, and is still restricted. They have an infinite number of options. If you don’t see how the two situations are completely dissimilar, then I don’t know what else to say. Make up some more stories though if it makes you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Is there a vid link you can post with the Payne comments?
    It was an article and it got me looking up Maxey. he struggled from 3 but he's a guy that if he shot 35% from 3 would probably be a top 10 pick. Shot 83% at the FT line and shot well at Nike tourney from 3. He's always shot the 3 ball well before Kentucky so long term I think he projects as a good shooter.

“I think he’d be a good fit for any team,” Payne told The Post last month. “In the next couple of years, he’s going to be one of those guys you look back on and people say: ‘Wow, I knew he was good, I didn’t know he was that good.’ When you’re drafting a kid this young, you’re looking at if he can help now, but you’re also projecting where he’ll be a year or two year from now.”

“The NBA is going to guards being versatile,” Payne said. “And he can really score and do it running off screens or throwing it back to him when the defense lags and allows him to be in scoring position. But you also can put him in position for him to be a lead guard. It’s the ability to do both — play off the ball and on the ball that is vital in today’s NBA.”

“I just think he loves to play,” Payne said. “His personality, his ability to play well during crucial times of games — whether that’s scoring or defending. He really got better at defending from the start of the season to the end. When you evaluate players when they’re that young, you evaluate how much growth they have in a short period of time.

“From the day he came into the program to the day he left, he’s learned to play defensively the way he needed to. There were games he was rebounding and could’ve had triple doubles. He’s headed in the right direction. His best basketball is ahead of him.”

“He needed conference tournament to prove that’s who he really is,” Payne said. “I hope teams have seen his whole body of work from high school, AAU and college. One thing about being at Kentucky, the way you play at the end of the year, it’s concrete info on who you are. Winning is another talent and skill. When you got to Elite Eight and Final Four, you bring a winning attitude that helps an organization.”

“He has unbelievable character, unbelievable family, high character,” Payne said. “And he wants to be great. The league is going towards players like him that are high-character kids. He’s super articulate, a fun-loving personality, comes to the gym every day — good, bad or indifferent — and has fun playing basketball. He loves talking to coaches and being around his teammates.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

PHI - Josh Richardson
    TOR - FVV
    BKN - LeVert/Joe Harris

There are a lot of good guards in the league that are 6'3" and shorter. And these are combo guards anyway not pure PGs. It would work.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    It was an article and it got me looking up Maxey. he struggled from 3 but he's a guy that if he shot 35% from 3 would probably be a top 10 pick. Shot 83% at the FT line and shot well at Nike tourney from 3. He's always shot the 3 ball well before Kentucky so long term I think he projects as a good shooter.
    Thanks. He’s interesting, looks fast, maybe as fast as Kira even though hard to tell. He’s only 19 but at first glance 29% from 3 on 3.5 attempts a game in 34 minutes is slightly concerning to me with our lotto pick, especially considering he’s only 6’2.

To compare, Frank shot 32% from 3 on 2.5 attempts in 20 minutes a night and he needs to improve a ton before he helps spread the floor - would be nice to get a true floor spacer OR legit playmaker with our top pick, not sure Maxey checks either box.

But he’s interesting. Another name to consider I suppose, although I’m a bit hesitant on him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah we’re not starting two rookie point guards next to each other this season, that I can 100% guarantee you.
    You are getting too hung up on opening day starters. The point is, those are two guards who could potentially be our back court of the future.

You are getting too hung up on opening day starters. The point is, those are two guards who could potentially be our back court of the future.
    For sure. But this draft is just more of a crapshoot than any I can think of and they’re all crapshoots. I literally can’t tell if Cole is CJ McCollum or Austin Rivers.

We just have to hope the FO gets this draft right.