Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 433 of 816 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Drafting where record says encourages a straight tank way too much. The league doesn’t want that
    True but the 3 year average would stop good teams from getting the top picks like Golden State and Pels did.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    True but the 3 year average would stop good teams from getting the top picks like Golden State and Pels did.
    Well, to be fair, GS does not have it yet. And NO has been mediocre to bad for a while. I was referring more to the straight “record=pick”. And a 3 year average would maybe just encourage more of “the process”-type situations

There really is no easy answer. Maybe have a “best of the worst” style tournament. Worst 4 teams in a tournament. Winner gets #1 pick. Encourage some kind of competitive attempt, and some attempt at building a roster. And no team that’s even decent will tank that badly

Out of those I'd take Cole Anthony. They all would be tempting though.
    I'm happy with Cole or Lewis. Dream scenario IMO.

I've been talking about trading up that Clippers pick for forever.

I am all for this. We have seen great teams have one bad year and win the lottery several times. It's really frustrating.

The Spurs are notorious for having a Golden State Warriors 2020 season and that's what gave them the opportunity to win the lottery and draft Tim Duncan.

The Celtics nearly pulled it off but Len Bias died.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’m not arguing to argue. Keep bringing this dude up. I get it, he’s got tools and potential. But there’s reasons why he’s not a lottery pick. So he isn’t this can’t miss stud, or this “secret prospect” etc..

There’s guys every year that are this type. Amazing potential, if they put it together. How many do?

You’re arguing to argue. Hyping him up, then tell me I’m wrong. Then say exactly what I’m saying. Maybe take a shot at him if we move up to mid first. He’s interesting for sure. But if you’re so sure, then why not just pronounce him the guy you want. Really though, I think we mostly agree on things. I just don’t think he’s anywhere near as “can’t miss” as you seem to. I guess really it doesn’t matter, as most likely we either are too early, or too late to grab him. I mean his jumper is a big part of him, and it “looks wet”, but it really isnt, as he isn’t this great shooter, for example

So here’s a question, we move up to mid first, and these guys are on the board, who you got?

Poku
    Anthony
    Nesmith
    Lewis
    I mean that’s certainly a tough call and you could make a case for any of them. I’d probably personally board that as:

Cole
    Poku
    Nesmith
    Lewis

I’m sure others including you would have a different order but that’s probably mine.

Again point is this draft is more of a crapshoot than most. Because of that I’m sort of more intrigued by the home run swing type of pick even if it’s a bit “risky”. Because end of the day this is a draft where almost every single pick will carry risk. There are no sure bets outside of LaMelo, who even he has big question marks around his shooting and defense.

Win the lotto take lamleo
    Trade up for Poku
    Draft a stud in round 2 lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Win the lotto take lamleo
    Trade up for Poku
    Draft a stud in round 2 lol
    This is pretty much my dream scenario. That’s a home run swing for this draft which we never do.

Just look at MPJ right now. We could’ve swung for the fences on him in that draft, sat him and KP through those injuries the following year, and had RJ-MPJ-KP-Mitch this past season. Imagine adding FVV or someone of his caliber to that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    This is pretty much my dream scenario. That’s a home run swing for this draft which we never do.

Just look at MPJ right now. We could’ve swung for the fences on him in that draft, sat him and KP through those injuries the following year, and had RJ-MPJ-KP-Mitch this past season. Imagine adding FVV or someone of his caliber to that.
    Lol yeah I try not to imagine that. We have Kyrie and KD probably to that man lol. No we actually 100% have them.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Kira Lewis goes 20 there. Would love to see the Knicks trade up and take him.

Come away with LaMelo and Lewis. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Kira Lewis goes 20 there. Would love to see the Knicks trade up and take him.

Come away with LaMelo and Lewis. Nice!
    Seems redundant. Second pick should be a shooter who’s dangerous off ball. Lewis isn’t that guy. If we get LaMelo no need for Lewis.

Seems redundant. Second pick should be a shooter who’s dangerous off ball. Lewis isn’t that guy. If we get LaMelo no need for Lewis.
    Not true. LaMelo is an elite passer and Lewis is an elite shooter. They are nothing alike.

I've never seen a guy expected to be picked 20th in a "weak draft", get more attention than Kira Lewis.

Backcourt depth is never a bad thing. Plenty of good teams have multiple PG options.