Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 395 of 792 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,925 of 11871
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    36 wins is still a lottery team too.

but there's nothing crazy about us winning 36 games next year. We won't be as bad as last year. And then you add cap space, Thibs and our draft picks.
    I need to see the opening day roster to believe this. And I meant high lottery not low-end lottery. Current roster is top 3-5 pick worthy. Like I said in a previous post, if we make moves than this can be revised. It will be very interesting to see if Rose settles for Knicks being a fringe 8th seed this year or if his focus will be more long term and focus on the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Gallo and RJ are not going to turn this team around. Gallo is good, but not a superstar. And that's of course if he manages to stay healthy. That sounds like more hope.

At least next year we know the draft will be much stronger. Cunningham blows away Ball. The more I read about Nix the more I think he will be a big time PG. Even Love's stock is rising. I say draft BPA this year with our pick and PG next year.
    Youíre banking on a 14% chance or less at Cunningham, likely less since I doubt theyíll be the worst team in the league.

Thatís not a plan. Most likely, if they pass on a trade for Ball when they have a chance, theyíll end up with no one.

Also, while there are several players that would go higher than Ball in next yearís draft, Cunningham is the only PG in that group as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Thanks to Mike Miller, the Knicks have 6th worst record. Bravo. They went from 2nd worst to 6th worst.

The Knicks have only a 10% shot at the #1 pick (no one is suprised. Thanks to Mills, they didn't tank under the old rules).

The Knicks have a 40% shot at #2-5 pick.

The other side to this coin, the Knicks have 60% shot at dropping below #6.

IF the Knicks get within the #2-5 pick, they have a very high chance at trading/acquiring LaMelo Ball.
    We canít get the number 5 pick can we?

I don't know why you think we are going to win games this year. This team suffers from an acute case of lack of talent. We will be back in the lotto. I know fans don't want to hear that but it's reality unless we pull off a trade for a superstar or RJ emerges as one.

As far as the hoping for the next big thing, isn't that what Melo fans are doing?
    I donít think theyíll be good next year, but some years 28 or 29 wins means picking 8th or 9th. Thatís basically what happened when they picked Frank and Knox.

I think they should absolutely play the lottery game next year, but to base anything this year on next yearís draft is silly considering the amount of different variables and the probabilities as a whole.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-28-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    We canít get the number 5 pick can we?
    1-4, 6-10

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    1-4, 6-10
    K thatís what I thought, thanks 👍

Iíll put it another way. Trading for Ball this year wonít stop the Knicks from drafting Cunningham next year since they would have to win the lottery to draft him. No team is trading him so one has nothing to do with the other.

They also can play with each other considering that they are both 6í7Ē PGs. Thereís nothing wrong with having multiple ball handlers...see Jrue and Lonzo and Lowry and FVV.

Youíre banking on a 14% chance or less at Cunningham, likely less since I doubt theyíll be the worst team in the league.

Thatís not a plan. Most likely, if they pass on a trade for Ball when they have a chance, theyíll end up with no one.

Also, while there are several players that would go higher than Ball in next yearís draft, Cunningham is the only PG in that group as of now.
    I never said I was soley counting on Cunningham. Nix is currently the 6th ranked prospect overall and I really like what I am hearing about him. Even Love is gaining traction.

It's not about one guy. There's 3 PG next year who are lottery picks.

Also, I don't agree that if Knicks don't trade for Ball they probably won't draft one. In fact, if Deni is gone I expect the Knicks to draft a PG right there with their pick.

I donít think theyíll be good next year, but some years 28 or 29 wins means picking 8th or 9th. Thatís basically what happened when they picked Frank and Knox.

I think they should absolutely play the lottery game next year, but to base anything this year on next yearís draft is silly considering the amount of different variables and the probabilities as a whole.
    It's not silly considering the Knicks have to give up something significant to trade up for Ball. If Ball is there for their pick, by all means draft him.

I have no issue with drafting one of the other PGs I like with their pick and not trading up. I only pass one up to draft Deni. Then I try to move up the Clippers pick.

I never said I was soley counting on Cunningham. Nix is currently the 6th ranked prospect overall and I really like what I am hearing about him. Even Love is gaining traction.

It's not about one guy. There's 3 PG next year who are lottery picks.

Also, I don't agree that if Knicks don't trade for Ball they probably won't draft one. In fact, if Deni is gone I expect the Knicks to draft a PG right there with their pick.
    I didnít mean no PG at all, I meant one of the top ones in either draft. We can talk about Cole, Lewis, etc. but itís clear that NBA teams donít consider them top prospects. This year itís Ball then everyone else.

Regarding Nix, ESPN has him 11. Regardless, we donít know. He could come in and have a rough year like Cole. He could come in and absolutely kill it. Way too many variables to bet on.

It's not silly considering the Knicks have to give up something significant to trade up for Ball. If Ball is there for their pick, by all means draft him.

I have no issue with drafting one of the other PGs I like with their pick and not trading up. I only pass one up to draft Deni. Then I try to move up the Clippers pick.
    I donít think itíll be that significant and again, they cannot and will not draft seven rookies over the next two years. Assets have to be moved and/or consolidated.

This is the exact reason why teams accumulate so many picks to begin with. The Knicks could trade three first round picks and two high second rounders before they get to the normal allotment.

Look at the Hawks last year. They did the same exact thing. Itís either that or become like Boston where they had to cut a first round pick before he even played just because there wasnít enough roster space.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-28-2020 at 12:12 PM.

I didnít mean no PG at all, I meant one of the top ones in either draft. We can talk about Cole, Lewis, etc. but itís clear that NBA teams donít consider them top prospects. This year itís Ball then everyone else.

Regarding Nix, ESPN has him 11. Regardless, we donít know. He could come in and have a rough year like Cole. He could come in and absolutely kill it. Way too many variables to bet on.
    He is bigger than Cole and has vastly superior playmaking skills. I am one of the biggest fans of Cole but he is not at Nix level.

I donít think itíll be that significant and again, they cannot and will not draft seven rookies over the next two years. Assets have to be moved and/or consolidated.
    Agreed assets will need to be consolidated. That is why I am open to trading up the Clippers pick this year and/or the Dallas pick next year.

He is bigger than Cole and has vastly superior playmaking skills. I am one of the biggest fans of Cole but he is not at Nix level.
    Iím just saying, it can go either way. Weíve seen other top prospects **** the bed also. Look at Quentin Grimes, Reddish, and Nassir Little last year. It happens.

Iím just saying, it can go either way. Weíve seen other top prospects **** the bed also. Look at Quentin Grimes, Reddish, and Nassir Little last year. It happens.
    Then by that logic Ball can bust as well. He clearly has warts.