Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 393 of 802 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 12028
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's better than anyone we've signed in a LONG TIME with all the cap we've had.

It's not about Love though it's about Ball, getting him changes the franchise and I don't think anyone's going to remember that we had less cap space .
    He's only better if he plays and that is far from a sure thing.

And yes cap space does matter because we need it for young players who can fit our long term plans. That contract is an albatross. I would accept him with the extra pick simply because it would allow us another player on the cheap to offset that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    He's only better if he plays and that is far from a sure thing.

And yes cap space does matter because we need it for young players who can fit our long term plans. That contract is an albatross. I would accept him with the extra pick simply because it would allow us another player on the cheap to offset that contract.
    he missed 9 games last year.

it's easy to say cap space will get us long term pieces, but it hasn't happened. we had $78m in cap and didn't get a single long term piece! it's a different era, players go where they want. You can have all the cap in the world but if a player wants to go elsewhere they will and that team will make it happen either by clearing cap or by trade.

if you have a chance to get the best prospect in this draft you do it! you dont say "hmm maybe THIS TIME we can use that cap space and get a solid player"... and the reality is even with Love we have cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    No doubt. If we're going to move up to get Ball, I would rather bring on a contract/player like Love as opposed to giving away Knox and picks. Love still has value and plays the right way. His D is questionable but all in all, it's a good move if Ball is perceived to be that good. For some reason, I don't think it will be this easy. It all comes down to the lottery.
    Ball isnít perceived to be that good. Potentially, he could be. Still a lot of question marks, not enough to not take him, but enough to pause before taking on a deal like that, or giving up a lot to get him

Love is not a difference maker, especially on a team like ours

Btw, it's not 3/90 for Love, it's 3/70mill after subtracting Randle and btw...what's the mental value of subtracting Ranlde?? and value of spreading the floor

he missed 9 games last year.

it's easy to say cap space will get us long term pieces, but it hasn't happened. we had $78m in cap and didn't get a single long term piece! it's a different era, players go where they want. You can have all the cap in the world but if a player wants to go elsewhere they will and that team will make it happen either by clearing cap or by trade.
    Look at his history. Missed a ton of games. Always hurt.

There is more of a chance of a FA signing here if they see a good young nucleus in place. More draft picks increase that chance.

So instead of Cle drafting Ball they draft Deni instead and dump that albatross contract. Sounds like a great move for Cle but not a great move for the Knicks.

If they want us to take that contract then they need to properly compensate for that. If Love was so attractive around the NBA he would have been moved by now. No one wants that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Look at his history. Missed a ton of games. Always hurt.

There is more of a chance of a FA signing here if they see a good young nucleus in place.

So instead of Cle drafting Ball they draft Deni instead and dump that albatross contract. Sounds like a great move for Cle but not a great move for the Knicks.

If they want us to take that contract then they need to properly compensate for that. If Love was so attractive around the NBA he would have been moved by now. No one wants that contract.
    Bingo!!

Btw, it's not 3/90 for Love, it's 3/70mill after subtracting Randle and btw...what's the mental value of subtracting Ranlde?? and value of spreading the floor
    Itís not the 3/90 part. Itís the 2/60 part leftover thatís the issue

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Ball isnít perceived to be that good. Potentially, he could be. Still a lot of question marks, not enough to not take him, but enough to pause before taking on a deal like that, or giving up a lot to get him

Love is not a difference maker, especially on a team like ours
    Agreed, its not like we are talking about Ja Morant here. Ball is the best PG prospect, but by what margin? He has warts.

I just can't believe some of you are harping on 2/60 standing in the way of a potential franchise PG. Have you been watching thre Knicks the last 20 yrs? If the wiz kids say that LaMelo IS that guy, 2/60 is well worth it for a team who hasn't spent well in FA in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed. This is why I donít like handing Mitch the starting C job. Wood would be the perfect guy to bring in because he can push Mitch and play the 4 or 5. His skillset meshes well with Randle or Mitch.
    We all like Wood but Detroit will most likely keep him. He is just like Portis with better defense. He is not a special player. Mitch is special, not too many 7'ers that athletic and defends the space on the court that Mitch does. Gobert was foul prone earlier in his career too and he is nowhere near as athletic as Mitch. I want to see Mitch taking other bigs off the dribble some this season too. If that happens it will open up so many opportunities for everyone else on the court.

I want a franchise PG and I won't let a 3y/$70M contract stop me. If you feel LaMelo Ball is your Jason Kidd the next decade and a half, you freaking do it.

I just can't believe some of you are harping on 2/60 standing in the way of a potential franchise PG. Have you been watching thre Knicks the last 20 yrs? If the wiz kids say that LaMelo IS that guy, 2/60 is well worth it for a team who hasn't spent well in FA in decades.
    Exactly and Love is a good vet teammate. He passes the ball probably 3rd best in the NBA behind only Draymond and the Freak. 2\60 means we probably only have him for a year and half because he will be a valuable salary dump in 2 years. Plus I want to see Knox play a lot of 4 these next 2 years. Love would be a great mentor.

Ball / Frank / Harper
    Lavine / Dot(resign him)
    RJ / Iggy
    Love / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Taj / Wooten

Trade Julius, DSJ and this years Clippers pick for Zach Lavine.

That's a Thibs roster I would love to see next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Exactly and Love is a good vet teammate. He passes the ball probably 3rd best in the NBA behind only Draymond and the Freak. 2\60 means we probably only have him for a year and half because he will be a valuable salary dump in 2 years. Plus I want to see Knox play a lot of 4 these next 2 years. Love would be a great mentor.

Ball / Frank / Harper
    Lavine / Dot(resign him)
    RJ / Iggy
    Love / Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Taj / Wooten

Trade Julius, DSJ and this years Clippers pick for Zach Lavine.

That's a Thibs roster I would love to see next season.
    Garbage, Garbage, and a late first in a perceived as weak draft for Lavine?

Can we at least try and be realistic? That is NEVER happening

yea I get that some people here aren't high on Melo, but if the FO IS that high on him and truly believe in him then it's a no brainer.

at some point you gotta stop playing it safe with the #8 pick in every draft. we have tons of picks and cap space, USE it and GET YOUR GUY.

yea I get that some people here aren't high on Melo, but if the FO IS that high on him and truly believe in him then it's a no brainer.

at some point you gotta stop playing it safe with the #8 pick in every draft. we have tons of picks and cap space, USE it and GET YOUR GUY.
    Or we could save our extra picks for next year in a far stronger draft. GET TWO GUYS. Or save them in a trade for a disgruntled superstar. We need a lot and Ball can't be expected to be a savior.