Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 378 of 836 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 12526
  1. #5656
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Finally listened and it's what I expected from looking at where the more mainstream sites have these players in mocks.

    LaMelo - Almost all teams have him number one or at least in the top tier. The others question his shot and mentality. Wasserman doesn't think he's a lock to go first, but he doubts he falls out of the top 3.

    Edwards - According to a scout, "He's gotta have the lowest basketball IQ of any potential top pick he's ever scouted." Wasserman agrees and doesn't think he's wired to be a successful number one option, but also questions how he'll adapt to being a number two. Thinks he still may go number 1 depending on the team.

    Hayes - Real NBA guys are lower on him. They see nice backup/low-end starter due to lack of athleticism. Wasserman disagrees because he puts more emphasis on skill.

    Haliburton - Everyone loves him due to his floor, character, fit and basketball IQ regardless of if they view him as a PG or SG. Wasserman wouldn't be surprised if he went top 5 although he has him ranked 13. He thinks a team will reach for him.

    Cole - Scouts jumping off his bandwagon. Wasserman gives him a bit of a pass due to situation at UNC and likes him as a scorer. He suggests playing him at SG since he's willing to bet on his pull up game and ability to create his own shot. He predicts that he'll go 10-15, but views him as a value pick in that range.

    Avdija - Teams view him as a really good player, but not necessarily a star. Wasserman thinks he can go as high as 2 and as low as 6.

    Lewis - Wasserman doesn't see an NBA starter. He spoke to a scout who compared him to Ish Smith and he agrees.
    I have Ball going top 2. Edwards will go top 2.

    I view Hayes like the NBA guys. Not really impressed.

    I think everyone in that video underrates Lewis.

    I also got the opinion that some were very high in Deni. I take him over any guard not named Ball.

    Whoever gets Cole will get a bargain because I see him dropping. This is where the Knicks have to capitalize and trade up that Clippers pick.

    Never was high on Hali but I suppose his floor is not so bad.

  2. #5657
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Everything I read and listen to just pushes me more and more to wanting them to trade up for LaMelo if they don't move up in the lottery.

    He has his risks, but compared to the other guards....
    I know I am probably in the minority here but I am strongly against that. I just think it will take a kings ransom to get it done.

  3. #5658
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Edwards just doesn't excite me, I know he's a consensus top 3 but I would rather trade down then take him.
    Hearing terrible things about his attitude. I don't want another lazy, lax guard like DSjr.

    This is why I am so high on Cole. He is a high effort/energy player. It legit PO him off if he doesn't play well.

  4. #5659
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    262
    Cole Anthony is my second favorite and rated PG behind Ball. I keep going back and forth with Killian Hayes but taking him for THIS team scares me. Cole is ready and was breed for this gig. You don't have to worry about this place being too big for him. I love his motor and competitiveness. His father Greg was a dog. He wasn't the most talented but Greg Anthony brought it every single nght. And we desperately need a PG who can be a threat offensively at all 3 levels and Cole is probably the most skilled in all those areas combined. I'm definitely 110% taking Cole over Haliburton.

  5. #5660
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Iím not out on Cole, but itís the same thing as it was with Reddish for me last year. At a point you have to pull the trigger and take the chance. I also wouldnít be opposed to rolling that dice earlier when deciding between him and a ďsaferĒ pick. Heís basically the Edwards of the mid-late lottery.

    I will say though, Iím more open to guys like Okongwu and Toppin after Ball, Edwards, Deni and Hayes. Vassell and Okoro are interesting also, but Okoro is probably a poor fit next to RJ and Iím not sure Vassell is good enough to pass on the other PGs.
    See I don't really see Cole as much of a risk. The only risk is if he does not pan out as a PG. But at the very least he can be a damn good SG.

  6. #5661
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,460
    I don't trust Hali's ability to go north/south and get into the lane. Breaking down defenses is something this team needs.

  7. #5662
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I don't mind Hayes if LaMelo, Deni and Edwards are all gone.

    I still like Cole but I've warmed up to Hayes as he could potentially be the better PG out of the 2.

    Still think Deni is the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in this draft. Deni has a Super high ceiling.
    Would rather have Deni over Hayes if LaMelo is gone.
    Yeah I have Ball, then Deni, then I dip into the PG pool where I have Cole leading.

  8. #5663
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    See I don't really see Cole as much of a risk. The only risk is if he does not pan out as a PG. But at the very least he can be a damn good SG.
    I see a high potential heís a tweener, thatís not a good enough playmaker to be a good PG, or not efficient enough scorer to be a good SG

    At least thats why Iíve been down on him

    I like Hayes potential to be a good playmaking PG. And I like the odds Hali ends up a very useful player, regardless of his exact role
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-23-2020 at 10:00 AM.

  9. #5664
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    See I don't really see Cole as much of a risk. The only risk is if he does not pan out as a PG. But at the very least he can be a damn good SG.
    I think his floor is JJ Berea/Patty Mills. Not great but useful and valuable bench scorers who've played on some great teams.

  10. #5665
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I have Ball going top 2. Edwards will go top 2.

    I view Hayes like the NBA guys. Not really impressed.

    I think everyone in that video underrates Lewis.

    I also got the opinion that some were very high in Deni. I take him over any guard not named Ball.

    Whoever gets Cole will get a bargain because I see him dropping. This is where the Knicks have to capitalize and trade up that Clippers pick.

    Never was high on Hali but I suppose his floor is not so bad.
    I agree with everything you said here... If the Knicks come away with Deni and Cole or Kira I would be extremely happy.

  11. #5666
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,982
    If we end up in the 1-4 range, I'll be disappointed if we don't end up with one of LaMelo, Edwards, or Hayes.

    If we end up in the 6-10 range, I'd be happy with Deni or any of the PGs: Hayes, Cole, or Haliburton.

  12. #5667
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I see a high potential heís a tweener, thatís not a good enough playmaker to be a good PG, or not efficient enough scorer to be a good SG

    At least thats why Iíve been down on him

    I like Hayes potential to be a good playmaking PG. And I like the odds Hali ends up a very useful player, regardless of his exact role
    See I think Cole will have no trouble scoring. He is also such an underrated defender.

  13. #5668
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,194
    To Prove that the average Knicks fan gets caught up in the Media hype...

    LaMelo Ball is probably the worst defensive player out of all the lottery picks.

    Ball is also shooting 37% FG and 25% from 3 which is also far worse than any other top lottery prospect...

    Then you throw in the Lavar Ball anchor around his neck...

    If any of these other guys had those negatives they wouldn't even be considered. LaMelo makes Knox look efficient... Let that soak in!

  14. #5669
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,599
    If we do draft cole Atkinson would be the best coach for him

    Cole imo plays alot more like dlo than hayes and cole can actually play defense

  15. #5670
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    To Prove that the average Knicks fan gets caught up in the Media hype...

    LaMelo Ball is probably the worst defensive player out of all the lottery picks.

    Ball is also shooting 37% FG and 25% from 3 which is also far worse than any other top lottery prospect...

    Then you throw in the Lavar Ball anchor around his neck...

    If any of these other guys had those negatives they wouldn't even be considered. LaMelo makes Knox look efficient... Let that soak in!
    Lol the smallest 12 game sample size in an overseas league where he bought the team when he left. Super foolish. Heís Knoxs size and heís better at everything already lol who cares about Lavar lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •