Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 376 of 795 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 11914
  1. #5626
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Well I mean ther ranked for a reason but I'm sure you know more than the professionals bofl
    Being ranked 5th doesnít mean the league is weak. Thatís was your opinion, so clearly you know more than the professionals.

  2. #5627
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    His gather is so slow and deliberate, and most of those shots no one is near him.

    Again what did he average? 1.5 attempts a game against a lot of garbage competition? Just wait till he has Kawhi or Draymond or Butler or Giannis or even a Jaren Jackson checking him. How many threes do you honestly expect him to put up a game in the next couple of years? Heís suddenly gonna be firing up 5 threes a game in the NBA? Think youíre deluding yourself on that.
    When heís wide open, of course heís going to take more time to gather his shot. If you notice that when defenders were closing in on him quickly, he got his shot off a lot faster.

    Obi averaged nearly 3 3PT attempts per game this season. Thatís not bad at all for a guy who is so dominant in the paint.

    Obi shoots 3s within the flow of the offense, so if the shot is not there he wonít take it. Open 3s happen all the time in the NBA, the league isnít exactly known for itís defense anymore. Heíll still get those looks.

  3. #5628
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,499
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Being ranked 5th doesnít mean the league is weak. Thatís was your opinion, so clearly you know more than the professionals.
    Well I mean that would mean ther are 4 better leagues

  4. #5629
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,006
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Being ranked 5th doesnít mean the league is weak. Thatís was your opinion, so clearly you know more than the professionals.
    Actually, that's exactly what it means.

  5. #5630
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,176
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    How many rookies come in and shoot those %s ? Not many. Not with the amount of shots he takes. He struggled yes but I mean Christ who wouldnít with the team around him? How many teams lack shooting like we do? Has there been a team not tanking that was constructed this bad?? I mean man talk about the ability to pack The paint . Was RJ great ? No but I mean he showed flashes. You can be concerned sure but the downright talk like heís a bum is a joke. I can name hundreds of players that were bad % wise. Some people here donít even want to admit he showed any flashes of anything.
    To anybody that knows anything about basketball it's obvious that RJ Barrett is going to be an above average NBA player... Maybe between a border line all-star like Jaylen Brown or a perennial all-star like Jimmy Butler. I don't see a superstar like K. Leonard but no one thought he would be a superstar after his rookie season either. RJ's success is dependent on his work ethic and the position the new coaching staff puts him in.

    If they draft a stud like Deni, Obi or Edwards who will probably come in out playing RJ like Tatum did over Brown in Boston then it will affect RJ's ceiling.

    If it's Ball, Hayes, Haliburton or they trade for CP3 then I think RJ reaches his ceiling and ultimately becomes a star. A great point guard will make RJ look like a stud right away.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 07-22-2020 at 10:25 AM.

  6. #5631
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what it means.
    How do you figure?

    I would consider Deniís league a weak league.

  7. #5632
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    You do know that Obi averaged 39% from 3 this season right? Leading his team to 29-2... No other lottery pick in this draft even led their team to a winning record. I'm telling you this kid is young Blake Griffin dominate, Amare and Boozer dominate.
    Not a shot in the world... who cares what he did in college. There is a 0% chance he will shoot 37% from nba 3 point range unless he shoots 1 or less a game. Heís not dropping 20 either unless heís on the worst Team in the league.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  8. #5633
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    How do you figure?

    I would consider Deniís league a weak league.

    I mean if thereís 4 better leagues in the world I wouldnít call it a rough league lol. But I do like Hayes think heís got a great shot at being a very good Pg
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  9. #5634
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Not a shot in the world... who cares what he did in college. There is a 0% chance he will shoot 37% from nba 3 point range unless he shoots 1 or less a game. Heís not dropping 20 either unless heís on the worst Team in the league.
    Iím sorry, but this is total nonsense.

  10. #5635
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean if thereís 4 better leagues in the world I wouldnít call it a rough league lol. But I do like Hayes think heís got a great shot at being a very good Pg
    I would still say the G-BBL is a solid league.

    Saying itís a weak league is just plain false IMO.

    Also the article was from 3 years ago and said that the league was trending upward. It might be even better now.

    Not to mention that Hayes played games in the Euro Cup where he performed very well in all aspects.

  11. #5636
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím sorry, but this is total nonsense.
    I will bet you any amount of money that he doesnít average 20 and shoot 37% from 3 with over 1.2 3s attempted. Total nonsense is to think heís doing that on a team that wins more than 15 games as a rookie. Hell Iíd bet he doesnít do that ever.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  12. #5637
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I would still say the G-BBL is a solid league.

    Saying itís a weak league is just plain false IMO.

    Also the article was from 3 years ago and said that the league was trending upward. It might be even better now.

    Not to mention that Hayes played games in the Euro Cup where he performed very well in all aspects.
    5th best league in the world isnít great. Not to discredit Hayes I think heís nice but lol come on now itís weak.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #5638
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I will bet you any amount of money that he doesnít average 20 and shoot 37% from 3 with over 1.2 3s attempted. Total nonsense is to think heís doing that on a team that wins more than 15 games as a rookie. Hell Iíd bet he doesnít do that ever.
    As a rookie he probably wonít, but thatís not what you said. Iíd bet that he averages 20 points at least once in his career and heíll attempt more than 1.2 3s in year 1 alone. I donít know why people think he canít shoot, it boggles my mind. Heís not a ďshooter,Ē but that doesnít mean you can leave him open. Heís going to knock down open shots.

  14. #5639
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,759

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    5th best league in the world isnít great. Not to discredit Hayes I think heís nice but lol come on now itís weak.
    Itís semantics I suppose. I donít agree that it is.

    Itís not like college is significantly better (if at all). The EuroLeague for example is absolutely better than NCAAB. So itís impossible to quantify where 5th behind the EuroLeague compares to NCAAB.

  15. #5640
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,654
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    As a rookie he probably wonít, but thatís not what you said. Iíd bet that he averages 20 points at least once in his career and heíll attempt more than 1.2 3s in year 1 alone. I donít know why people think he canít shoot, it boggles my mind. Heís not a ďshooter,Ē but that doesnít mean you can leave him open. Heís going to knock down open shots.
    Go reread. I responded to dude that said heís going to average that as a rookie. That is what I said. I have heavy doubt heís a 20 ppg scorer in the NBA ever but who knows.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •