Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 369 of 816 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I still prefer to keep Knox but I’m all for going up and getting Lamelo
    I still have faith in Knox as well and would prefer keeping him. I was just going off of the discussion to offer a new/different option.

But ultimately we’ve been stockpiling picks. We’re not gonna draft and play 8 new guys in the next 3 years who are all 19 years old. You stockpile these picks either for stars or to move up in drafts which I don’t think is a crazy suggestion at this point at all. I’d much rather have Ball & Poku if they both turn into legit stars instead of 7 prospects who barely move the needle.

This video of an ex NBA player and his son previewing basically the 3 most likely players to end up on the Knicks is pretty good... They show some footage I haven't seen of all 3 of them.

It's also interesting who they thought would be the best NBA player out of the 3...

https://youtu.be/iSEmeB3QTpY

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knox is a lotto pick in this draft, combined with the swap and the clips pick....does that get it done?
    Draft picks are like new cars driven off the lot once the selection is made. Knox would be lucky to be a late first at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I still have faith in Knox as well and would prefer keeping him. I was just going off of the discussion to offer a new/different option.

But ultimately we’ve been stockpiling picks. We’re not gonna draft and play 8 new guys in the next 3 years who are all 19 years old. You stockpile these picks either for stars or to move up in drafts which I don’t think is a crazy suggestion at this point at all. I’d much rather have Ball & Poku if they both turn into legit stars instead of 7 prospects who barely move the needle.
    Wonder if we can go from 6 to 2 with a mavs first dsj and that second rounder. Not sure that’s enough but hey you never know.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Draft picks are like new cars driven off the lot once the selection is made. Knox would be lucky to be a late first at this point.
    I mean Knox coming out of college is probably a top 10 pick here but yeah with what we know yeah probably not. To early to quit on him though
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean Knox coming out of college is probably a top 10 pick here but yeah with what we know yeah probably not. To early to quit on him though
    Knowing all we know, I'm still taking Knox in the lotto in this draft. That's my only point. Would he and a swap combined with the Clips pick or our 2nd move us from 6 to 3 or a position similar and would Knicks do it? Would other teams not named Pistons do it?
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-20-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knowing all we know, I'm still taking Knox in the lotto in this draft. That's my only point. Would he and a swap combined with the Clips pick or our 2nd move us from 6 to 3 or a position similar and would Knicks do it? Would other teams not named Pistons do it?
    you'd be alone in that thinking. Again if he was coming out of Kentucky, yea he's a lotto pick, but not after seeing him 2 seasons.

you're basically saying after 2 dismal seasons his stock hasn't gone lower at all.

People love to criticize on this forum.

Knox was coming along nicely under Miller and was starting to figure out playing defense and putting forth consistent effort on defense just before the pause.

While people were focused on his offense, it was clear that Knox and coaching staff were focused on defense.

At 20 years old, the offense will come. We have seen his ease on drives and pullups, with strength and repetition he will get better. But to become solid and competent on defense first, will make him a much better player long term.

I like Knox and want to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    True but it goes both ways if knox has a break out year under thibs then he gets us multiple first rd pick

The point is you never trade a player when ther value is low

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    People love to criticize on this forum.

Knox was coming along nicely under Miller and was starting to figure out playing defense and putting forth consistent effort on defense just before the pause.

While people were focused on his offense, it was clear that Knox and coaching staff were focused on defense.

At 20 years old, the offense will come. We have seen his ease on drives and pullups, with strength and repetition he will get better. But to become solid and competent on defense first, will make him a much better player long term.

I like Knox and want to keep him.
    Define “coming along nicely”?

He was playing well under 20 minutes a game, shooting under 35% from the floor. Putting up effort on D is far from figuring out D. He’s been nothing short of terrible on both ends

Not a finished product by any means. But let’s call it what it is. He’s been one of the worst players in the league. If he wasn’t a a lottery pick, he never would have played as much as he has, likely wouldn’t even be here longer

But I’d say we will definitely find out how good or bad he will be, as he has zero value, no reason to just give him away
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-20-2020 at 01:04 PM.

In the last 7 or so games he was reading offenses better, getting more blocks and deflections/steals and the was mostly positive with him on floor.

Yeah I’d much rather keep Knox. Don’t think he should be a throw in and don’t think it’ll be something we have to do but we’ll see couple months away. Hopefully we jump in the lotto
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    True but it goes both ways if knox has a break out year under thibs then he gets us multiple first rd pick

The point is you never trade a player when ther value is low
    We're talking about this draft. All we have is the last two years. He doesn't have another season to boost his value for this draft.

Just saw some video on Killian Hayes, he’s nothing like Frank. He honestly reminded me of DeAaron Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    In the last 7 or so games he was reading offenses better, getting more blocks and deflections/steals and the was mostly positive with him on floor.
    Absolutely... I mentioned going back to watch that last Pistons game and Knox had like 2 or 3 really nice blocks and steals and was efficient on offense as well. He has only played 1.5 seasons under 2 different coaches already at 20 years old and Knicks fans want to trade him to move up to get another kid that is not a sure thing. Meaning not a for sure star. I think LaMelo is also going to take 2 or 3 seasons to be a good player as well. He is not explosive or strong which most young players who show star potential right away are. He is also not a super skilled shooter which you need to be for NBA defenses to respect space and give you room to make great passes. Young and Curry get angles to make good passes because their defender must crowd them or splash! LaMelo does none of that and is playing against inferior talent where he still is not leading his team to wins... So stop acting like LaMelo is some saviour or so much better than the rest of the lottery picks.

Personally I think Edwards, Deni, Wiseman and Obi will be better NBA players right out the gate. Edwards looks like he is playing against inferior talent no matter who he is playing against which is other top notch college talent and Deni's break away speed with the ball in his hands in ridiculous. Obi and Wiseman are freaks with athletic and length so all of them will be in the ROY over Ball.

Long-term LaMelo might end up better after he bulks up and matures more. His passing is great but If all his defenders are playing the passing lanes and daring him to shoot the ball... Kid is shooting a horrendous 37%fg and 25% from 3.