Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 366 of 835 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 12518
  1. #5476
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Melo plays zero defense... None ... I wouldn't be mad if Melo was the pick but this draft is much deeper than the media is suggesting and I'm not trading anyone to get Melo. He is also somewhat immature and will probably struggle a lot his first couple of years and as we all know, Knicks fans are not patient enough for that. I just see the whole LaMelo thing with his dad and BBB blowing up in our faces .... But for you guys who want him you may enjoy this draft video...

    https://youtu.be/-6CQcWL8U9w
    LaMelo is by far the best prospect not named Edward's in this draft.

    The LaMelo doubters are the same as the Zion/Trae doubters just too cynical to see what makes LaMelo special.

    Just like the above doubters they'll all be wrong.

  2. #5477
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Deni is not a PG but I think he'll be a decent ball mover and maybe secondary ball handler in some lineup's but he's not running a team and setting up teammates. I think some of you want to see Luka in Deni and it's not there.
    Not saying he is Luka but I see a lot of Ben Simmons... Who nobody thought of as a PG before he entered the NBA. I don't want Deni at the point just as a good playmaker who is presently shooting 50% from 3.

    I was down on Deni before he started back playing. I was watching his footage from last year but since he has been back he looks like a totally different player... You can clearly see that he is not soft which was my only criticism of him before. He is also a lot more athletic than he appeared to be last year.

    You match a player like Deni up with a scoring PG which there will be plenty of at #27... Anyone of Terry, Riller, Jones are all knock down shooters to have on the floor with Deni... Knicks need shooting more than anything!

  3. #5478
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Not saying he is Luka but I see a lot of Ben Simmons... Who nobody thought of as a PG before he entered the NBA. I don't want Deni at the point just as a good playmaker who is presently shooting 50% from 3.

    I was down on Deni before he started back playing. I was watching his footage from last year but since he has been back he looks like a totally different player... You can clearly see that he is not soft which was my only criticism of him before. He is also a lot more athletic than he appeared to be last year.

    You match a player like Deni up with a scoring PG which there will be plenty of at #27... Anyone of Terry, Riller, Jones are all knock down shooters to have on the floor with Deni... Knicks need shooting more than anything!
    Dude, everyone saw Ben Simmons as a PG. Simmons is so much more athletic, fast, etc. than Deni, theyíre not on the same planet.

    I still like Deni. But everyone should temper expectations. Expect something more like Saric.

  4. #5479
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    LaMelo is by far the best prospect not named Edward's in this draft.

    The LaMelo doubters are the same as the Zion/Trae doubters just too cynical to see what makes LaMelo special.

    Just like the above doubters they'll all be wrong.
    The talent is unquestionable but in the NBA is about more than just talent. Just look at guys like Stephen Marbury for example... New York City can be a timebomb for the wrong kid. I said I wouldn't be mad at drafting Melo but you Melo fanatics need to look at all the angles... Lavar Ball and WWWes sound like a grease fire to me

  5. #5480
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Dude, everyone saw Ben Simmons as a PG. Simmons is so much more athletic, fast, etc. than Deni, theyíre not on the same planet.

    I still like Deni. But everyone should temper expectations. Expect something more like Saric.
    That's a terrible comparison... I wouldn't even draft Saric at #27... Deni is shooting 50% from 3 with almost a triple double every night. No drama surrounding his camp either... That matters with the Knicks!

  6. #5481
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,824

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Dude, everyone saw Ben Simmons as a PG. Simmons is so much more athletic, fast, etc. than Deni, theyíre not on the same planet.

    I still like Deni. But everyone should temper expectations. Expect something more like Saric.
    I donít know if it is a good comparison or not but if everyone saw Ben as a PG why did they take Fultz? Ben Simmons is not a PG. he wants to be one bc it is good for his #s/brand. The Sixers would be much better off if he accepted a Green type role. It seems the spacing and team chemistry has suffered to the point where the team is trying to move in this direction. Shake Milton is reported to be their starting point guard when we return with Ben being moved to the 4. I think it is a very good decision and the direction they need to go to fit Ben and Joel together long term



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #5482
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,439
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít know if it is a good comparison or not but if everyone saw Ben as a PG why did they take Fultz? Ben Simmons is not a PG. he wants to be one bc it is good for his #s/brand. The Sixers would be much better off if he accepted a Green type role. It seems the spacing and team chemistry has suffered to the point where the team is trying to move in this direction. Shake Milton is reported to be their starting point guard when we return with Ben being moved to the 4. I think it is a very good decision and the direction they need to go to fit Ben and Joel together long term



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they want to take Ben, nullify his physical advantage, and move him to an off-ball role?

    That gives me hope thereís a team thatís even more clueless than ours. As if them throwing huge money at Harris and Horford while trading for, and then doing nothing to try and make Butler stick around didnít already show that.

    Then what do they do with Horford? If you have Embiid at C and Ben at 4? I think if youíre the Sixers, you build around Ben at the 1, and surround him with shooters. Embiid is too risky, to ever assume he stays healthy enough, and has his head on straight enough to be the guy they need
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-18-2020 at 01:39 PM.

  8. #5483
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,598
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Cole fits this team to a T, even more than Ball, but Ball's talent is hard to overlook.
    I love cole but honestly lamelo is the perfect fit although he's not a better shooter he's by far a better playmaker

  9. #5484
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,200
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít know if it is a good comparison or not but if everyone saw Ben as a PG why did they take Fultz? Ben Simmons is not a PG. he wants to be one bc it is good for his #s/brand. The Sixers would be much better off if he accepted a Green type role. It seems the spacing and team chemistry has suffered to the point where the team is trying to move in this direction. Shake Milton is reported to be their starting point guard when we return with Ben being moved to the 4. I think it is a very good decision and the direction they need to go to fit Ben and Joel together long term



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oddly enough they took Fultz because of his ability to play off the ball and shoot. Also teams are fine with multiple PG lineups (Lowry and FVV, Garland and Sexton).

    It also wasnít Simmons who came out and said he wants to be a PG so Iím not sure where youíre getting that from.

    The issue isnít Simmons at PG. Heís proven to be one of the best in the league at that spot on both sides of the ball. The issue is that they play him, Horford, Embiid, and Harris all together. If it was Simmons and Embiid surrounded by shooters, it would be a different story.

    Of course the Sixers are scrambling right now. They are on the verge of blowing everything up and are just looking for answers. Thatís what happens when a GM constructs a roster poorly. Why they thought playing Embiid, Horford, Harris and Simmons together was a smart idea is beyond me. When Horford publicly voices his displeasure, you know something is wrong. How many times have we even heard Horford speak in his 13 years in the league?

  10. #5485
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,200
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So they want to take Ben, nullify his physical advantage, and move him to an off-ball role?

    That gives me hope thereís a team thatís even more clueless than ours. As if them throwing huge money at Harris and Horford while trading for, and then doing nothing to try and make Butler stick around didnít already show that.

    Then what do they do with Horford? If you have Embiid at C and Ben at 4? I think if youíre the Sixers, you build around Ben at the 1, and surround him with shooters. Embiid is too risky, to ever assume he stays healthy enough, and has his head on straight enough to be the guy they need
    Elton Brand ruined that team. They were better with Saric, Redick, and Covington. The Butler trade was great, but they shouldíve tried to keep him. Instead they basically lost those players for nothing.

    Signing Horford when Harris was already there just made things worse.

  11. #5486
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,439
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Elton Brand ruined that team. They were better with Saric, Redick, and Covington. The Butler trade was great, but they shouldíve tried to keep him. Instead they basically lost those players for nothing.

    Signing Horford when Harris was already there just made things worse.
    100%. For all the stuff said about Hinkie, ďthe processĒ worked, and he had them set up to be legit contenders for a while. Brand came in and destroyed the whole thing

    You leave Ben exactly where he is, and build around his many strengths, and his one main weakness

  12. #5487
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Itís a hard draft to get right in my opinion.

    A lot of people seem sold on lamelo, I like his talent, but he hasnít played organized ball in the last 2 years. His family and Lithuania was a circus and the Australian league is not really good either ( especially his team). There werenít any really good playersor examples that has taken that route before either.

    Edwards is athletic - but all potential and body at this point. Same for Wiseman.

    While Halliburton reminds Me on George hill, Cole could be anything between Kemba and more likely Raymond Felton/ Tim hardaway hybrid. Both ok options if we pick later.

    Iím intrigued by Hayes, I saw him a lot and think itís impressive to lead a team at that age in the euro league. His mechanics are there and he doesnít seem fully developed athletically, but already has a nice first step.

    Obi seems a safe pick if you need scoring and a offensive 4 - will flourish in a DíAntoni system.

    Okoro could be intriguing if we get thibs - would be cool to see how he develops him.

    Deni I would stay away, I think heís a omri caspi/ mirotic kind of player.

    Iím excited to see what this new management/ evaluating team will research till December.
    Last edited by PewPew; 07-18-2020 at 03:07 PM.

  13. #5488
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,824

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Oddly enough they took Fultz because of his ability to play off the ball and shoot. Also teams are fine with multiple PG lineups (Lowry and FVV, Garland and Sexton).

    It also wasnít Simmons who came out and said he wants to be a PG so Iím not sure where youíre getting that from.

    The issue isnít Simmons at PG. Heís proven to be one of the best in the league at that spot on both sides of the ball. The issue is that they play him, Horford, Embiid, and Harris all together. If it was Simmons and Embiid surrounded by shooters, it would be a different story.

    Of course the Sixers are scrambling right now. They are on the verge of blowing everything up and are just looking for answers. Thatís what happens when a GM constructs a roster poorly. Why they thought playing Embiid, Horford, Harris and Simmons together was a smart idea is beyond me. When Horford publicly voices his displeasure, you know something is wrong. How many times have we even heard Horford speak in his 13 years in the league?
    Ben absolutely is an issue at point guard. He canít shoot outside the paint. In a half court set he completely destroys there ability to run anything to the point where he forces the best interior big in the league to have get his catches at the 3 point line. Al and Joel arenít a good fit but they are both reasonable shooters. Put those four on the floor with a point like Kyle Lowery or anyone that can shoot reasonably and organize in the half court and you donít have near the same amount of problems. Al was a terrible signing but the reason it is a total mess is bc the defense doesnít even have look at the guy with ball with Ben handling in the half court.

    Try and post up Joel with Ben throwing entry passes. What happens?

    Run screen roll with Ben as your ball handler what happens?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-18-2020 at 05:12 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #5489
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,824
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So they want to take Ben, nullify his physical advantage, and move him to an off-ball role?

    That gives me hope thereís a team thatís even more clueless than ours. As if them throwing huge money at Harris and Horford while trading for, and then doing nothing to try and make Butler stick around didnít already show that.

    Then what do they do with Horford? If you have Embiid at C and Ben at 4? I think if youíre the Sixers, you build around Ben at the 1, and surround him with shooters. Embiid is too risky, to ever assume he stays healthy enough, and has his head on straight enough to be the guy they need

    Joel is actually good enough to be the guy so you build around him. Ben will never be the best player on a championship team. He has been a liability in the post season and has shown 0 signs of improving on a massive hole in his game. He should be a defensive four the ignites his team in transition. The Warriors donít let the guy with no J ability or create in the half court be the primary ball handler outside of transition and neither should Philly


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #5490
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    The talent is unquestionable but in the NBA is about more than just talent. Just look at guys like Stephen Marbury for example... New York City can be a timebomb for the wrong kid. I said I wouldn't be mad at drafting Melo but you Melo fanatics need to look at all the angles... Lavar Ball and WWWes sound like a grease fire to me
    That's the key.
    LaMelo would make the entire roster look better.
    Last edited by SK6; 07-18-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •