Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 364 of 816 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 12240
  1. #5446
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Just to toss out a couple other options, if Deni falls to 7 or so and we take him, or if we ďreachĒ there for Poku, we could take Grant Riller with the 27th pick, then deal Randle/DSJ/2nd rounders for Buddy Hield, giving us something like:

    Riller-Buddy-RJ-Poku-Mitch

    or Riller-RJ-Deni-Gallo-Mitch

    Frank/Dot/Bullock/Knox bench with either Poku or Randle if we canít dump him.

    Just some other options. Riller is an interesting PG prospect who seems like he can sort of do it all.

  2. #5447
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just to toss out a couple other options, if Deni falls to 7 or so and we take him, or if we ďreachĒ there for Poku, we could take Grant Riller with the 27th pick, then deal Randle/DSJ/2nd rounders for Buddy Hield, giving us something like:

    Riller-Buddy-RJ-Poku-Mitch

    or Riller-RJ-Deni-Gallo-Mitch

    Frank/Dot/Bullock/Knox bench with either Poku or Randle if we canít dump him.

    Just some other options. Riller is an interesting PG prospect who seems like he can sort of do it all.
    I get why you like Poku, but heís far from a sure anything from what Iíve seen. I see a big gamble with him. No way we can afford that with a pick we ďhave toĒ get right

  3. #5448
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I get why you like Poku, but heís far from a sure anything from what Iíve seen. I see a big gamble with him. No way we can afford that with a pick we ďhave toĒ get right
    Everyone in this draft outside of LaMelo is far from a sure thing. Getting this pick right will likely be challenging no matter what.

    If someone said take Jokic 7th in 2015 people would have thought that was insane, no one was even talking about him. Turns out he might be the best player from that whole draft.

    If thereís one sure thing about this class itís that itís unpredictable. Personally I feel a lot better about Poku than I do Kira Lewis and there are posters here who think taking him with the first pick could make sense. Not me but others do.

  4. #5449
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Everyone in this draft outside of LaMelo is far from a sure thing. Getting this pick right will likely be challenging no matter what.

    If someone said take Jokic 7th in 2015 people would have thought that was insane, no one was even talking about him. Turns out he might be the best player from that whole draft.

    If thereís one sure thing about this class itís that itís unpredictable. Personally I feel a lot better about Poku than I do Kira Lewis and there are posters here who think taking him with the first pick could make sense. Not me but others do.
    Yeah, but for every Jokic, thereís how many that donít last more than a season or 2

    Poku is fine later on. But I see zero reasons for us to gamble that big with the first pick

  5. #5450
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yeah, but for every Jokic, thereís how many that donít last more than a season or 2

    Poku is fine later on. But I see zero reasons for us to gamble that big with the first pick
    Iím guessing weíll go guard with the top pick and I get it. Iím just not sold on any of them to be honest outside of Ball & Hayes.

  6. #5451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,825
    I could see the Knicks picking Deni over a guard not named Ball. Otherwise, it's a guard.

  7. #5452
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I could see the Knicks picking Deni over a guard not named Ball. Otherwise, it's a guard.
    Yup. Ball, Hayes, Deni, then Hali/Cole, guessing itíll be one of that group and Iím good with any of them really.

  8. #5453
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,698
    I just canít see Deni slipping past the Cavs. I also think we move up for lamelo
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  9. #5454
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yup. Ball, Hayes, Deni, then Hali/Cole, guessing itíll be one of that group and Iím good with any of them really.
    Subtract Cole and Iím fine

  10. #5455
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    If we took Deni up top... then Riller with the Clips pick. Trade 38, DSJ/Sanon for a late first, take Desmond Bane...

    Iím well aware many donít like Frank but some of us still do, plus if he underperforms perhaps Riller takes the starting job, but:

    Frank-RJ-Deni-Gallo-Mitch
    Riller-Dot-Bane-Knox-Randle
    Harper-Bullock-Iggy-Wooten-Taj

    Is a roster I like a lot. And again for the Frank doubters (although here you literally have two additional playmakers/ball handlers next to him anyway in RJ/Deni)... but if Frank canít cut it hopefully Riller can step in to start. He is 23 years old and could adjust to the NBA quickly perhaps.

  11. #5456
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,169
    Itís starting to seem like the perception is that NBA teams feel that thereís a decent gap between Ball and the other PGs.

    I donít agree. I still have Ball and Hayes, then the others.

    I also believe in Cole still. I was listening to a podcast and they were discussing Jaylen Brown and how he struggled in college and his first season with the Celtics, but then all of a sudden started looking like the player everyone saw in HS. Thereís enough uncertainty around Coleís situation where the same might be true.

    They say that EYBL play has typically been a good indicator of NBA success. Itís why some had Mitchell Robinson ranked as a lottery pick a couple years ago despite him skipping college. Coleís EYBL performance suggests that he should be a top pick.

    This was prior to the college season:

    How do the top prospects project statistically?

    Pelton: Here are this year's preseason top-10 college players in my consensus draft model, which incorporates both stats-only NBA projections and where players rank in our top 100. Freshmen who played in the Nike EYBL are included. (Thanks to Neil Johnson of ESPN Analytics for compiling EYBL stats.)

    Largely because of the international-heavy nature of this year's draft, just two of our top seven prospects have projections. (No. 2 prospect Edwards played AAU in the Under Armour UAA.) They had different AAU experiences. Cole Anthony posted two of the four highest-rated EYBL seasons among my translations (which cover 2012 through 2018), registering outstanding assist and steal rates and scoring with high efficiency. As a result, he enters his freshman season with the best projection of any player by a wide margin.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-17-2020 at 10:54 PM.

  12. #5457
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,475
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Itís starting to seem like the perception is that NBA teams feel that thereís a decent gap between Ball and the other PGs.
    I mean I certainly feel that way. Ideally we either get lucky enough to hit the lotto and get Ball with our own top 3 pick. Or we trade the Dallas picks with our lotto pick for him. Would be nice to put protection on those picks if possible.

  13. #5458
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I could see the Knicks picking Deni over a guard not named Ball. Otherwise, it's a guard.
    I agree... Drafting Deni is like drafting a PG. He is bigger and more efficient than Ball too. I would also argue that his league is better than the one Melo played in. I've been watching video and Deni is so fast and under control with the ball for his size. He would be a great first pick

  14. #5459
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,698
    One option for me is trading for Lamelo and just going in with the young guys hire thibs and hope we play good enough to show the league our guys are ready while having our pick in next years class. Not sure if thatís possible
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  15. #5460
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I agree... Drafting Deni is like drafting a PG. He is bigger and more efficient than Ball too. I would also argue that his league is better than the one Melo played in. I've been watching video and Deni is so fast and under control with the ball for his size. He would be a great first pick
    Deni is nowhere near the distributor LaMelo is. And for what it's worth, Deni is only one inch, maybe two, taller than LaMelo. So if you think it's impressive the way Deni handles the ball for his size (imo he really doesn't handle the ball that well at all), then it's ridiculous the way LaMelo handles for his height.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •