Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 363 of 802 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 12028
  1. #5431
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,431
    Grabbing Deni or Poku with our pick and then a PG at #27 is intriguing.

  2. #5432
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Grabbing Deni or Poku with our pick and then a PG at #27 is intriguing.
    Yeah I just dont know what kind of PG will be left at 27, which is why I am so adamant about trading up.

    HeartofStarks did a great job of a summary but there is a few things I want to add. Even though Wasserman has Cole around 10 he said the NBA doesn't really like him. He said in reality Cole could actually fall between 10-15. I'm glad they talked about Cole as a SG. One of my dream scenarios is pairing him with a better playmaker to give the Knicks a dynamic back court.

    Neither Wasserman or the NBA like Lewis. They pretty much killed him in a nice way. This was the biggest shock for me.

    Wasserman likes Hayes a lot, but the NBA views him as a low end starter or even a bench guy. This kind of stoked the fires of doubt I already had about Hayes.

    I was intrigued by Jaden McDaniels at 27 before and Wasserman gave a good opinion of him.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-17-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  3. #5433
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,764

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Heís got Ball as his number 1, thinks his long range shooting will be fine in NBA. Then he has Hayes two, then I think Okongwu three, Edwards four (said heís low IQ), Deni (said heís been rising, looks strong, but projects more as a good starter than a star in the NBA)... then Toppin at 6.

    He has Cole at 10, Haliburton at 13, saying Hali could go higher and is plug and play, smart decision maker, Cole he sees as a shooting guard, not a PG due to tunnel vision, bad assist to turnover ratio, just thinks heís a scorer not really a PG.

    He has Wiseman at like 11. He had Maxey really high at like 7. Then he had Poku I think at 16 or 17, saying heís not a hit or miss prospect, which is what Iíve been saying, because he thinks his floor is actually very high. He basically can do it all, 7 footer who hits threes not only on catch and shoot but also coming off screens/curls, motion shooter and off the dribble three point shooting. And heís a playmaker/excellent passer who also blocks shots/plays D. Heís the youngest guy in the draft.

    He had Grant Riller right around Poku. Saying he doesnít care that heís 23, heíll be able to score in the NBA and he compared him a bit to Devonte Graham just based on age/potential.

    He thinks Kira Lewis is a backup, compared him to Ish Smith.

    He has Nesmith/Bey/Banes all at like 24-26 range I think. That was pretty much it. Likes Tyrell Terry but has doubts about his size/body, Nico he thinks is a backup at best, had him at 30.
    Maxey at 7 is crazy IMO, though I do think heís being underrated. I love the aggressive Riller ranking, Iíd take him with the Clippers pick.

    I think the Ish Smith comparison to Lewis is ridiculous. Smith entered the league at 22 and Lewis has so much more size/length. They are underrating his speed/athleticism a good bit considering his size.

    This draft is just all over the place tbh.

  4. #5434
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,764
    Ideally the bigs and Okoro can get picked before we pick so someone like Hayes can slip to us in the 6-8 range.

  5. #5435
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yeah I just dont know what kind of PG will be left at 27, which is why I am so adamant about trading up.

    HeartofStarks did a great job of a summary but there is a few things I want to add. Even though Wasserman has Cole around 10 he said the NBA doesn't really like him. He said in reality Cole could actually fall between 10-15. I'm glad they talked about Cole as a SG. One of my dream scenarios is pairing him with a better playmaker to give the Knicks a dynamic back court.

    Neither Wasserman or the NBA like Lewis. They pretty much killed him in a nice way. This was the biggest shock for me.

    Wasserman likes Hayes a lot, but the NBA views him as a low end starter or even a bench guy. This kind of stoked the fires of doubt I already had about Hayes.

    I was intrigued by Jalen Smith at 27 before and Wasserman gave a good opinion of him.
    interesting. this sub kinda pumped me on Hayes the past week, but I worry about him too.

    seems they dont like most of the PG's.

  6. #5436
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    interesting. this sub kinda pumped me on Hayes the past week, but I worry about him too.

    seems they dont like most of the PG's.
    Yeah honestly listening to Wasserman (and heís just one guy so his opinion is far from the be all end all), but he definitely seemed to favor Ball, Haliburton and Riller.

    He likes Hayes but I guess there is concern he could plateau at a low level starter. But he seems to be improving if anything so trajectory is good.

    Cole he likes as a scorer. Just doesnít seem impressed by the rest of his game.

  7. #5437
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,764

    2020 Draft Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    interesting. this sub kinda pumped me on Hayes the past week, but I worry about him too.

    seems they dont like most of the PG's.
    What the NBA thinks of these guys doesnít really matter honestly. Two teams really thought it was a good idea to draft Ayton and Bagley over a sure-thing playmaker like Doncic for example.

  8. #5438
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,012
    If rumors are true and the Knicks want a scoring guard or PG, and a swingman who can shoot the 3, my wish picks are:

    1st pick: Lamelo or Cole

    2nd (1st) round pick: Nesmith or Desmond Bane.

    Book it....

  9. #5439
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    1st pick: Lamelo or Cole

    2nd (1st) round pick: Nesmith or Desmond Bane.

    Book it....
    Iíd be good with this. I like those 4 prospects.

  10. #5440
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,764
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yeah honestly listening to Wasserman (and heís just one guy so his opinion is far from the be all end all), but he definitely seemed to favor Ball, Haliburton and Riller.

    He likes Hayes but I guess there is concern he could plateau at a low level starter. But he seems to be improving if anything so trajectory is good.

    Cole he likes as a scorer. Just doesnít seem impressed by the rest of his game.
    Wasserman himself isnít high on Tyrese (since he had him at 13) but said NBA teams will love him for his intangibles. He also talked a lot about Josh Green who I like very much, but doesnít make sense here.

    He has Hayes #2 and thinks heís arguably the most well-rounded prospect in the draft. I agree for the same reasons he gave (efficiency on 2PTs, size, defense, passing, etc). He thinks Deni and Toppin are some of the most safest picks in the draft as well.

  11. #5441
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,431
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    What the NBA thinks of these guys doesnít really matter honestly. Two teams really thought it was a good idea to draft Ayton and Bagley over a sure-thing playmaker like Doncic for example.
    of course, but it just kind of reaffirms my worries with him.

    The NBA can love Obi, and they can all take him...

  12. #5442
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    30,669
    I forgot all about maxey I like his game a lot too
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #5443
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,431
    Cole isn't a SG, he's a scoring PG just like most PG's these days are. and considering RJ is going to be a facilitator as well, maybe a scoring PG is a great fit.

  14. #5444
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12,807
    You guys and Wasserman are starting to sell me on Bane for that 27 pick. Which is fine because I am not so locked into that pick like I am with the Knicks first pick.

  15. #5445
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    You guys and Wasserman are starting to sell me on Bane for that 27 pick. Which is fine because I am not so locked into that pick like I am with the Knicks first pick.
    Yeah Iíve been on the Desmond Bane at 27 kick for a while now, if we keep that pick I like him there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •