Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 362 of 803 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 12032
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Idk if deni is the next Luka sure but he can also be the next saric

Nesmith brings much needed spacing from day 1 he just fits our team alot better
    Devin Vassell is another interesting prospect in that 7-10 range. Could be considered a reach there but I like him.

Ultimately though if weíre in that 7-10 range which is the most likely statistical outcome I believe I still have Hali/Cole at the top for us. Then probably Vassell/Nesmith.

I think Hayes and Deni will both he gone by then. If there is any way to nab Ball personally I think we should do whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1465842552

This is a very interesting podcast from BR Jonathan Wasserman. It gives insight not only to his opinion but that of NBA scouts and execs. There are some surprises here.

The twitter/fanverse definitely does not match up with the NBA people.
    I didnít listen yet, but what I gather is that NBA teams are higher on the bigs (Wiseman, Toppin, and Okongwu) than fans and some draft experts. Meanwhile, someone like Hayes is routinely ranked in the top 3, with the exception of your more mainstream places (ESPN and The Athletic) which may mean that NBA teams view him more in the 6-10 range, lumped in with guys like Cole And RJ Hampton.

Also, Isaac Okoro may go higher as well if their rankings are any indication.

Based on this, the top 6 or 7 would be (in no order):

Ball
    Edwards
    Wiseman
    Toppin
    Deni
    Okongwu
    Okoru

After that, there seems to be a group of Cole, Haliburton, Hampton, Vassell, and Hayes.

Weíre still three months out and things havenít really been updated, but thatís my read if it all remains the same.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-17-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...y/id1465842552

This is a very interesting podcast from BR Jonathan Wasserman. It gives insight not only to his opinion but that of NBA scouts and execs. There are some surprises here.

The twitter/fanverse definitely does not match up with the NBA people.
    Just listened, he has it close to how I see it. Even has Poku just outside the lotto ahead of a lot of guys we like here, which I agree with. Again I think thereís a very real chance Poku ends up a top 5 guy from this class.

He also has Nesmith/Saddiq Bey and Desmond Bane almost equal, which I get. I do like Desmond Bane with our late first still.

But that top pick I think has to be one of Ball/Hayes or if we fall Hali/Cole. Deni I could see as an outside chance but I canít make the case for anyone else really with our top pick.

The Knicks should not settle in the 6-10 range. The team needs more. The fans deserve more. Since Front Office administrations only last 2-3 seasons in New York...you need to get your man now.

The New York Knicks offer the Golden State Warriors 3 Future first rounders, 2 of the 3 lottery protected for the rights to LaMelo Ball.

Then trade Kevin Knox and the late first rounder from Dallas to move up and get Cole Anthony.

You got a kid who knows how to feed the beast. You got a combo guard who has a pure scoring taste.

The Knicks have 4/5 positions that are SUPER young, hungry and $45M in cap space. THAT's how you make a statement as a new Team President.

Not the Donnie Walsh away. Stand pat and settle for Jordan Hill. Not the Perry way. Stand pat and settle for Kevin Knox...only to replace him one year later with RJ Barrett.

GO AFTER your man.

Last 20 yrs have been sitting and waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just listened, he has it close to how I see it. Even has Poku just outside the lotto ahead of a lot of guys we like here, which I agree with. Again I think thereís a very real chance Poku ends up a top 5 guy from this class.

He also has Nesmith/Saddiq Bey and Desmond Bane almost equal, which I get. I do like Desmond Bane with our late first still.

But that top pick I think has to be one of Ball/Hayes or if we fall Hali/Cole. Deni I could see as an outside chance but I canít make the case for anyone else really with our top pick.
    can you give me cliff notes on it?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iíd still take it. Getting one of Ball, Edwards, Hayes, or Deni would be just fine. I think all will be at worst good players

Gotta start somewhere haha
    Getting Ball, Edwards or Deni would be huge for this team.

I would be very happy with that outcome.

Deni seems like he can be a Toni Kukoc type if his shot is really improved.

Devin Vassell is another interesting prospect in that 7-10 range. Could be considered a reach there but I like him.
    Vassell is less of a reach than Nesmith or Saddiq Bey. He's going to go higher than both of them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    can you give me cliff notes on it?
    Heís got Ball as his number 1, thinks his long range shooting will be fine in NBA. Then he has Hayes two, then I think Okongwu three, Edwards four (said heís low IQ), Deni (said heís been rising, looks strong, but projects more as a good starter than a star in the NBA)... then Toppin at 6.

He has Cole at 10, Haliburton at 13, saying Hali could go higher and is plug and play, smart decision maker, Cole he sees as a shooting guard, not a PG due to tunnel vision, bad assist to turnover ratio, just thinks heís a scorer not really a PG.

He has Wiseman at like 11. He had Maxey really high at like 7. Then he had Poku I think at 16 or 17, saying heís not a hit or miss prospect, which is what Iíve been saying, because he thinks his floor is actually very high. He basically can do it all, 7 footer who hits threes not only on catch and shoot but also coming off screens/curls, motion shooter and off the dribble three point shooting. And heís a playmaker/excellent passer who also blocks shots/plays D. Heís the youngest guy in the draft.

He had Grant Riller right around Poku. Saying he doesnít care that heís 23, heíll be able to score in the NBA and he compared him a bit to Devonte Graham just based on age/potential.

He thinks Kira Lewis is a backup, compared him to Ish Smith.

He has Nesmith/Bey/Banes all at like 24-26 range I think. That was pretty much it. Likes Tyrell Terry but has doubts about his size/body, Nico he thinks is a backup at best, had him at 30.
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 07-17-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Heís got Ball as his number 1, thinks his long range shooting will be fine in NBA. Then he has Hayes two, then I think Okongwu three, Edwards four (said heís low IQ), Deni then Toppin.

He has Cole at 10, Haliburton at 13, saying Hali could go higher and is plug and play, smart decision maker, Cole he sees as a shooting guard, not a PG due to tunnel vision, bad assist to turnover ratio, just thinks heís a scorer not really a PG.

He has Wiseman at like 11. He had Maxey really high at like 7. Then he had Poku I think at 16 or 17, saying heís not a hit or miss prospect, which is what Iíve been saying, because he thinks his floor is actually very high. He basically can do it all, 7 footer who hits threes not only on catch and shoot but also coming off screens/curls, motion shooter and off the dribble three point shooting. And heís a playmaker/excellent passer who also blocks shots/plays D. Heís the youngest guy in the draft.

He had Grant Riller right around Poku. Saying he doesnít care that heís 23, heíll be able to score in the NBA and he compared him a bit to Devonte Graham just based on age/potential.

He thinks Kira Lewis is a backup, compared him to Ish Smith.

He has Nesmith/Bey/Banes all at like 24-26 range I think. That was pretty much it. Likes Tyrell Terry but has doubts about his size/body, Nico he thinks is a backup at best, had him at 30.
    thanks. Obi going into the top 5 would be great, means someone else drops to us.

I think he's being a bit harsh on Cole.

TONS of great PG's didn't have good A/TO ratios their freshman years. Lillard, Curry, Nash... I mean you could go on and on.

Hali is more and more a role player to me.

Ball, Hayes and Deni are my top 3 if you ask me today, but Ball is another tier. People worried about his shot are reaching IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    thanks. Obi going into the top 5 would be great, means someone else drops to us.

I think he's being a bit harsh on Cole.

TONS of great PG's didn't have good A/TO ratios their freshman years. Lillard, Curry, Nash... I mean you could go on and on.

Hali is more and more a role player to me.

Ball, Hayes and Deni are my top 3 if you ask me today, but Ball is another tier. People worried about his shot are reaching IMO.
    Yeah Cole just seems to have a lot of doubters. To me if weíre in that 7-10 range Iím fine with Cole. Cole, Hali, maybe Vassell there... I donít know, but I am still intrigued by Cole.

But ideally weíll get lucky and hit the lotto for Ball, or trade up for him.

Yeah Cole just seems to have a lot of doubters. To me if weíre in that 7-10 range Iím fine with Cole. Cole, Hali, maybe Vassell there... I donít know, but I am still intrigued by Cole.

But ideally weíll get lucky and hit the lotto for Ball, or trade up for him.
    Cole fits this team to a T, even more than Ball, but Ball's talent is hard to overlook.

So he thinks Poku is this amazing 7 footer that can do it all, but heís only putting him at middle 1st round? That doesnít make sense..

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So he thinks Poku is this amazing 7 footer that can do it all, but heís only putting him at middle 1st round? That doesnít make sense..
    I mean listen to it, Iím just relaying what Iím hearing. The scout from The Stepien has Poku as his number 3 guy in this entire draft.

A month or two ago Poku was being mocked at the end of the first round. Clearly heís a kid whoís rising in a lot of expertsí eyes.

Heís skinny and from some obscure league so most are likely hesitant to put him in the lottery but clearly heís creeping up.