Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 352 of 816 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 12240
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    The if, ands, & buts on Ball has been discussed inside and out. Im really surprised why Edward's has not got that same kind of attention in this forum. Put him in Madison Square Garden and its an instant 30 for 30. Take out the warriors and how many recent championship teams have had a top 5 pg? Melo has the hype, but Edwards is undeniable.
    I wouldn't be mad at Edwards at all... Move RJ to SF and we have a hell of a wing duo. If you have those type of dynamic scorers on the wings you need a pass first 3 & D PG like Frank.

Key is to keep building and stick to the rebuilding plan. Also get Thibs in here right away, what are they waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I get that itís not ideal, but this is the problem with having a finish like the Knicks had and not having good draft positioning. If the Knicks fall to 8, itíll be tough to pass on Obi.

I wouldnít take him, but I would understand it. Most would view that as a value pick considering that heís one of the few players expected to be a near lock within the top 5.

My money is still on the Knicks taking Cole Anthony if they fall, even if that means trading down since itís possible that he may be there after 10 now.

Just another example of how winning meaningless games late in the season hurts. If this were to happen, I bet there would still be people against tanking when the team is already out of it despite the numerous examples of winning meaningless games actually being a detriment to the team.
    If the Knicks trade down and still get Cole that's a win IMO. I am assuming the pick they will get will still be top 15-16. I wonder if Minny would bite. They could take Toppin or Wiseman and then a Wing. Knicks could wind up with Cole and Lewis/Nesmith/Poku. Might also have to include the Clipper pick in the deal.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 07-14-2020 at 07:58 PM.

2020 Draft Thread

The if, ands, & buts on Ball has been discussed inside and out. Im really surprised why Edward's has not got that same kind of attention in this forum. Put him in Madison Square Garden and its an instant 30 for 30. Take out the warriors and how many recent championship teams have had a top 5 pg? Melo has the hype, but Edwards is undeniable.
    I would take Edwards over LaMelo.

Heís my #1 prospect in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I hope you realize that what Knicks fans want means nothing to players on the Knicks who are trying to win every game...lol

Just because you want them to tank means nothing. Do you really think that RJ and Randle wanted to lose that last game to the Hawks? Do you think Trae Young wanted to lose to the Knicks so they would have better draft position... What in the hell are you talking about?

Knick won those games because they were being competitive and that's what any Knicks fan should ultimately want. There is plenty of talent every year when the Knicks pick... D.Mitchell instead of Frank. SGA or MKJ instead of Knox, they got it right with RJ and the 2 teams that drafted 1 & 2 had a much better record than last seasons Knicks.

The draft order is still a crap shoot and Knicks scouts and management need to do a better job of going with their gut and eye test instead of listening to fake draft media guru's... That's the real problem
    If only it were that simple...the NBAís history speaks for itself. Maybe you should ask yourself why itís the most predictable sport, why thereís very little parity, why two teams have more than half of the championships, and why the same 2-3 teams or few players win almost all of the championships for an entire generation.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-14-2020 at 08:20 PM.

That doesnít mean anything with regards to Obi. Williams never possessed the explosiveness that Obi has and he had 10.8% body fat at the combine. He clearly didnít want to work hard and trim down.

Obiís game is much better suited for the 4 than Wiliiamsís ever was. HeĎs a better rim protector, finisher, and passer. I believe he will be a better shooter than Williams showed in the NBA.
    Derrick William wasnít explosive???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Missed that lol. Derrick Williams was a ridiculous athlete.

Me too
    You can have them in any order, but personally Iíll bet on the player that has good-elite feel for the game over someone who has poor feel. There are some exceptions as far as players developing it, but we see the opposite scenario time and time again.

Thatís just me. If I didnít have that concern about Edwards, then I would probably have him ahead or at least tied as well.

Drafting smart basketball players is valuable.

I actually like your lineup. I think Randle and Wood work well together just not sure Wood is a better starting center than Mitch or how Mitch would feel about that. I love Nesmith game, I think he is the closest thing to Klay Thompson and I also think Terry is a Trae Young lite. Imagine if that happened and the Knicks got their own splash Bros...lol
    Yeah and they actually played a little bit together on the Pelicans at the end of the season. Randle needs to play with a stretch 5 that can shoot 3s and rim protect. Wood checks both of those boxes. Suddenly Randle doesnít mess up our spacing anymore.

Mitch honestly still needs development. Itís not like he started the majority of this season anyway. Mitch can still play 30 mins a game playing backup C as Wood can slide to the 4. This is where Woodís versatility helps the team and roster construction.

The fact is that Mitch and Randle should never share the court together, because neither can shoot and itís just a bad fit. Itís easier to keep Mitch on the bench than to bench Randle. Plus starting Randle will give him more trade value at the deadline.

Nesmith and Terry would both give us great 3PT shooting for sure. Not sure if Terry makes it to 27, but itís possible.

2020 Draft Thread

I didnít say that, but he wasnít explosive enough for his play-style. They have similarities, but they are different kind of players. Williams was a 3/4 tweener while Obi is more of an actual 4 who can play 5.

No one would call Williams a rim-runner for example, because he wasnít consistent lob threat and finisher like Toppin is. His defense was abysmal because he couldnít rim protect or guard on the perimeter.

Also despite Williamsís high 3PT% in his last season in college, he had a funky looking shot. Obiís shot looks much smoother to me.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    You can have them in any order, but personally Iíll bet on the player that has good-elite feel for the game over someone who has poor feel. There are some exceptions as far as players developing it, but we see the opposite scenario time and time again.

Thatís just me. If I didnít have that concern about Edwards, then I would probably have him ahead or at least tied as well.

Drafting smart basketball players is valuable.
    Iím not going to worry about feel for the game for an 18 year old. Edwards really just needs to clean up his shot selection. He was miscast as the starting PG this season when thatís not his game. Heís not going to be a guy who makes advanced reads at this point.

Also just because LaMelo makes great passes doesnít mean heís the smartest player. He also takes a ton of awful shots early in the shot clock regardless of the defense. They both have that same issue, but Edwards is the better shooter/scorer/defender at this time with high level NBA athleticism and an NBA body. His floor is very high.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-14-2020 at 09:04 PM.

2020 Draft Thread

I didnít say that, but he wasnít explosive enough for his play-style. They have similarities, but they are different kind of players. Williams was a 3/4 tweener while Obi is more of an actual 4 who can play 5.

No one would call Williams a rim-runner for example, because he wasnít consistent lob threat and finisher like Toppin is. His defense was abysmal because he couldnít rim protect or guard on the perimeter.

Also despite Williamsís high 3PT% in his last season in college, he had a funky looking shot. Obiís shot looks much smoother to me.
    He was explosive as **** and a lob threat. He sucked at a lot of other things. Iím not comparing these two bc I donít know **** about Obi. Williams is probably more explosive though

Last edited by ewing; 07-14-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He was explosive as **** and a lob threat. He sucked at a lot of other things. Iím not comparing these two bc I donít know **** about Obi. Williams is probably more explosive though

Derrick Williams and Obi have a lot in common whether some want to acknowledge it or not. Thereís a very good chance Obi is the next D Will although if he hits his ceiling he could be somewhat close to Amare, though I doubt it.

We shall see. Heís certainly more of a tweener than some here are acknowledging. What 4s in the NBA do posters think Obi is guarding?

Iím not going to worry about feel for the game for an 18 year old. Edwards really just needs to clean up his shot selection. He was miscast as the starting PG this season when thatís not his game. Heís not going to be a guy who makes advanced reads at this point.

Also just because LaMelo makes great passes doesnít mean heís the smartest player. He also takes a ton of awful shots early in the shot clock regardless of the defense. They both have that same issue, but Edwards is the better shooter/scorer/defender at this time with high level NBA athleticism and an NBA body. His floor is very high.
    Poor shot selection does not necessarily equate to poor feel or low IQ. There are plenty of other reasons why players take bad shots besides not being smart.

Itís everything else on top of the poor shot selection.

Iím not sure how you look at a player that literally is steps ahead of everyone on the court at almost all times and donít understand that itís due to high IQ and just the ability to see the game at a high level and differently than most others. Ball isnít a good defender, but he even shows similar instincts on that side of the ball. Edwards does not, but I would still bet on him being the better defender because of his physical and athletic gifts. However, for the time being, you should change ďEdwards is a better defenderĒ to ďpotentially a better defenderĒ because he isnít very good right now.

Iím not even that down on Edwards, but this is what separates them for me. If Edwards ended up similar to Waiters or Wiggins, it wouldnít be surprising. If he ended up being similar to LaVine or Donovan Mitchell it wouldnít be surprising either. He has a lot of the same negatives and positives that make all of those players what they are.

Ball isnít a slam dunk either, but just using Waiters and Wiggins to show you what I mean by poor feel (Waiters) and questionable motor (Wiggins). Iíve already posted that I think that Ball is at worst Ricky Rubio. Smart players tend to figure it out if they have the ability to match. Iím not making a direct comparison between the two, but itís why I always thought it was silly to bet against Lonzo.

2020 Draft Thread

Obi literally dunks everything. I canít say Williams was more explosive. He never had more than 68 dunks in one season in the NBA. Iíd bet that Obi ďtopsĒ that as a rookie lol

Williams was definitely a more fluid athlete in the hips, but that didnít translate to playing defense or being passable as a 3. He needed more perimeter game to compensate for his lack of finishing ability and rim protection as a 4. Williams didnít seem like a P&R type player either.