Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 343 of 803 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 12036

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    where are you getting all these great ideas from Hayes has shown no signs of improving his shot he actually has the worst shooting percentages of any pg prospect

I also don't understand how having a floater and midrange correlates to being a big time scorer

I see a lot of Shaun Livingston in hayes which isn't a bad player but definitely not this superstar you guy are making him out to be
    What it means is that Hayes has good feel for scoring and shooting (outside of 3s right now). He’s also been an excellent finisher and will draw more fouls in the NBA with his play-style. His excellent FT shooting will be an asset early on as he improves his 3PT shot.

Hayes has a much stronger frame than Livingston and I believe he’s a better playmaker than Livingston ever was. He plays like a mix of Harden and D-Lo (that doesn’t mean he’ll become those guys).
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 07-11-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    What it means is that Hayes has good feel for scoring and shooting (outside of 3s right now). He’s also been an excellent finisher and will draw more fouls in the NBA with his play-style. His excellent FT shooting will be an asset early on as he improves his 3PT shot.

Hayes has a much stronger frame than Livingston and I believe he’s a better playmaker than Livingston ever was. He plays like a mix of Harden and D-Lo (that doesn’t mean he’ll become those guys).
    I'm only doing this once lol

Hayes isn't strong at all if you actually looked at his scouting report he struggled vs stronger defenders

He also lacks quickness to get by his defenders its the reason why he has to take so many floaters

Ther is literally no comp to harden or dlo imo just a pre injury Livingston who actually was a really good player
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 07-11-2020 at 08:58 PM.

https://in.nba.com/news/nba-draft-20...hmzh5yepae4tj2
    NBA Comparison: D’Angelo Russell

I guess they say he does play like dlo i personal don't see it but whatever

2020 Draft Thread

https://in.nba.com/news/nba-draft-20...hmzh5yepae4tj2
    NBA Comparison: D’Angelo Russell

I guess they say he does play like dlo i personal don't see it but whatever
    Yeah this is why I compare him to those guys (also of course because he’s a 6’5” left-handed guard).

From that article:

At 6'5" and 210 pounds he only needs to get his shoulders by his defender and if that happens, it's game over. With the muscle to protect the ball as soon as he gets the slightest step on a defender, there isn't much an opponent can do once Hayes gets into the lane.

What sets up his attacking game off the dribble is the threat of his pull up jumper. Hayes has a lethal step-back jumper that's as devastating as any signature move of a player we've seen in this class, something the advanced numbers back up. A staggering 42% of his three-point shots off the dribble fell in Germany last year, something that if he comes even close to replicating in the NBA would be astonishing.

The step-back jumper is all about creating space and Hayes has all the dribble moves to set it up, as well as the balance and technically sound footwork to get his feet under him for a controlled attempt. As NBA defences continue to get more advanced it's going to be players that are comfortable improvising and creating shots for themselves that will thrive and Hayes looks to have those skills.
    The creativity, footwork, and ability in isolation is very similar to Harden and D-Lo. That’s something we’ve sorely lacked.

Hayes needs to continue improving his right-hand and greatly improve his ability to play off-ball on C&S. But he’s shown great promise as a primary ball-handler and playmaker already for his age.

Yeah this is why I compare him to those guys (also of course because he’s a 6’5” left-handed guard).

From that article:

The creativity, footwork, and ability in isolation is very similar to Harden and D-Lo. That’s something we’ve sorely lacked.

Hayes needs to continue improving his right-hand and greatly improve his ability to play off-ball on C&S. But he’s shown great promise as a primary ball-handler and playmaker already for his age.
    This is why I found it laughable when I first mentioned his step back and side step game, posters here were like “that’s just cause he can’t blow by anybody”...

Hayes is a very, very skilled prospect whose ceiling actually could be close to Harden if he can reach it. Of course that’s a huge if but imo he’s one of only 3 or 4 guys in this class with actual superstar potential if he pans out. Definitely my number 3 guy after LaMelo & Edwards right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    It may be harder for a big to make a major impact these days due to the hoist and run bball we see nightly but I would be taking Wiseman over all of these PG's not named LaMelo, even with Mitch. Edwards is another story but how can people speak of a big not impacting a game much but then swear by Mitch and make him untouchable?
    Mitch didn’t cost a pick that high, is super cheap, and is one of the few bright spots for the team.

If Mitch were in the draft, I wouldn’t take him that high either. I doubt teams would trade a pick that high for him for the same reasons.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    This is why I found it laughable when I first mentioned his step back and side step game, posters here were like “that’s just cause he can’t blow by anybody”...

Hayes is a very, very skilled prospect whose ceiling actually could be close to Harden if he can reach it. Of course that’s a huge if but imo he’s one of only 3 or 4 guys in this class with actual superstar potential if he pans out. Definitely my number 3 guy after LaMelo & Edwards right now.
    I could be wrong, but I think he’s going to be better than LaMelo. I really have him slightly ahead, I just wanted to avoid saying so or you guys would call it another “hot take” of mine lmao. To me, outside of using his right-hand more, Hayes seems much more polished scoring threat than LaMelo with very good playmaking skills of his own.

Edwards
    Hayes
    LaMelo
    Deni

For me. I’d be very happy with either of those guys, so ideally we can land Top 4. If we fall below that, give me Lewis or even Cole. I still like Toppin, but I would just rather have Wood instead. Not interested in Tyrese even with all of his intangibles and possible shooting.

I could be wrong, but I think he’s going to be better than LaMelo. I really have him slightly ahead, I just wanted to avoid saying so or you guys would call it another “hot take” of mine lmao. To me, outside of using his right-hand more, Hayes seems much more polished scoring threat than LaMelo with very good playmaking skills of his own.

Edwards
    Hayes
    LaMelo
    Deni

For me. I’d be very happy with either of those guys, so ideally we can land Top 4. If we fall below that, give me Lewis or even Cole. I still like Toppin, but I would just rather have Wood instead. Not interested in Tyrese even with all of his intangibles and possible shooting.
    I won’t be surprised at all if Hayes ends up better than Ball.

I’m in on Hayes. Ball, Edwards, then Hayes

Which point guard is the best fit for Thibs? Assuming he's hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Which point guard is the best fit for Thibs? Assuming he's hired.
    Cole has that fire d rose had

well I mean he can't blow by euro guys its kinda in the scouting report unless that shot develops thats a major concern to me hopefully all those step backs and floaters work in the nba

well I mean he can't blow by euro guys its kinda in the scouting report unless that shot develops thats a major concern to me hopefully all those step backs and floaters work in the nba
    I mean Harden’s not really a big burst/first step guy either and it doesn’t seem to hinder him.

We’ll see, time will tell. Personally Hayes is near the top of my board and if I had to guess he’ll go top 5 anyway in this draft and we won’t be in position to draft him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’m in on Hayes. Ball, Edwards, then Hayes
    I agree. I liked his game. Dude looks pretty smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I mean Harden’s not really a big burst/first step guy either and it doesn’t seem to hinder him.

We’ll see, time will tell. Personally Hayes is near the top of my board and if I had to guess he’ll go top 5 anyway in this draft and we won’t be in position to draft him anyway.
    Yep exactly, and neither is D-Lo. Harden is extremely strong though, while Russell isn’t. Hayes is somewhere in-between IMO, probably closer to Russell right now as an 18 year old.

Anyone that is questioning Hayes’s shot has to be more concerned about LaMelo’s shot. His shot right now is worse by every measure.