Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 650 of 792 FirstFirst ... 150550600640648649650651652660700750 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 11872
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Issues with Cole Anthony is that his movement is so choppy and his pedestrian wingspan. People make excuses about his teammates and the team he played for. I've seen many blue chip players have standout seasons on weak teams. UNC has a run first, run second system. Coach Williams likes to use two bigs when they have to run their offense in the halfcourt, but other than that UNC is a running team. This being said, I wouldn't be mad if we end up with Cole Anthony. He may be a player whose game translates better in the NBA. I think he has a good motor and a desire to be great.
    ehhh I mean it's not ideal but wingspan isn't that important for an offensive PG.

Trae Young has a 6'2 wingspan and is dominating the league, CP3 is one of the greatest pG's of all time and he has Trex arms. Steph Curry WS is 6'3... You could go on and on.

Might hurt him a bit on D but it's really not a big deal and it won't be the reason for his success or failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah sure but then again his father played in the NBA too so Cole yeah sure he knows what being a pro is like in this league but does he have potential to be better than his father ever was? Of course he does but I don't think he will be an elite level superstar in this league. He will just be a star but that is about it.
    What's wrong with that? Sign me up shiiid lol.

3. 09-16-2020, 04:10 PM
    Reason
    Flaming/insulting other members

4. 09-16-2020, 05:03 PM
    Reason
    Flaming/insulting other members

5. 09-16-2020, 06:35 PM
    Reason
    Flaming

6. 09-16-2020, 06:40 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted posts

7. 09-16-2020, 06:40 PM
    Reason

8. 09-16-2020, 06:46 PM
    Reason

9. 09-16-2020, 07:03 PM
    Reason

10. 09-16-2020, 07:31 PM
    Reason

2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

I think Hayes is more like Murray than Cole is.

Murray is 6’4” 215lbs while Cole is going to be listed at 6’2” 190 lbs most likely. Hayes has the same kind of size, athleticism, and 3-level pull-up scoring that is more reminiscent of Murray IMO, but with more potential as a passer. Hayes definitely needs to improve his 3 ball in the NBA, but it’s not like Murray is lights out. Murray is a career 36% 3PT shooter on good volume throughout his career thus far.

Cole has more vertical pop and has the mentality to attack and get to the FT line. His size hurts his finishing, but he can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Issues with Cole Anthony is that his movement is so choppy and his pedestrian wingspan. People make excuses about his teammates and the team he played for. I've seen many blue chip players have standout seasons on weak teams. UNC has a run first, run second system. Coach Williams likes to use two bigs when they have to run their offense in the halfcourt, but other than that UNC is a running team. This being said, I wouldn't be mad if we end up with Cole Anthony. He may be a player whose game translates better in the NBA. I think he has a good motor and a desire to be great.
    I think the biggest thing we, the mock drafters, the bloggers, journalists, but probably not the smart NBA FOs' ignore/forget is he had a TORN MINISCUS...

He looked like a decent/good prospect, not great/special....

ON 1 LEG!!!!

When you re-watch tape on him, you can see how the speed and burst from high school tape is not there at UNC...

He doesn't get around the defender, yet still pulls up and makes shots...

He doesn't raise up at the rim, yet still draws the foul and makes the FT's...

He doesn't break down the Defense as much in the paint, but still finds open teammates...

He was a player trying to find ways around a compromised knee...

According to health.usnews.com referring to athletes:

"Because the meniscus needs ample time to heal and fuse back together after repairing the tear, the recovery timeline is three to six months"

Cole was back in 6 weeks...

7 months ago...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-16-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Cole can be Jamaal Murray shooting + Kyle Lowry passing with Derrick Rose drives....

That's his TRUE offensive ceiling now that he's healthy again...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-16-2020 at 11:53 PM.

This is healthy Cole...

https://youtu.be/yKmk27M4mMw

And he can be a NY Knick!!!

KP who!? He can easily turn into the best Knick's draft pick since Ewing....

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    This is healthy Cole...

https://youtu.be/yKmk27M4mMw

And he can be a NY Knick!!!

KP who!? He can easily turn into the best Knick's draft pick since Ewing....
    You need to be able to play an ounce of defense to claim that title

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Honestly, it's KP and who else? (David Lee?) It'll be him and RJ competing for that crown together...

As far as his Defense, he'll compete on that side, hang with his man, contest, get steals, he'll never be Patrick Beverly, but under Thibs, defense won't be any kind of glaring issue for Cole...

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    This is a stupid take, no offense.

Guys like rose are the guys who build nba teams, by planning what players should go where.

They are the guys that work with the general managers, the players, the agents, the scouts.

These agents damn near build teams for the franchise's. People think pat riley is some genius when he built the big 3 w bron, wade, and Bosh, that was all CAA, riley didn't do jack **** but what the agents told him to do.
    Your absolutely right about this. Leon Rose was one of the top agents at that and WWWes is the guy around the league that basketball people went to for advise. Plus do people realize all the experienced basketball people he has brought in?

This FO is nothing like the past one. We all wanted them to be the guys but they never were. Rose and the guys he brought in are the guys to make **** happen through trades, development and scouting talent in the draft and they have a track record to prove it.... Add Woody as Thibs assistant too. If the Knicks don't give us promise this season we are cursed like the Clippers...lol

Or why don't the Knicks draft Kira Lewis Jr

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    In want Cole with the 8th
    Then trade up a few spots and take RJ Hampton in the 20’s

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Cole is a very good defender. I don't know why this aspect of his game is continuously over looked.

If the Suns really want to move Oubre all it would take would be swapping Portis and his TO for Oubre and swapping picks of #8 and #10. It wouldn’t even be considered overreaching at that point for Cole.

But fans in here trying to find a way to rip off other teams like they have the IQ of a pencil eraser.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-17-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    If the Suns really want to move Oubre all it would take would be swapping Portis and his TO for Oubre and swapping picks of #8 and #10. It wouldn’t even be considered overreaching at that point for Cole.

But fans in here trying to find a way to rip off other teams like they have the IQ of a pencil eraser.
    Pretty sure you cannot do that. If you trade a player with an option for the upcoming season, I think that option must be picked up.

I still don’t think Phoenix trades a #10 pick to free up 15M

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Pretty sure you cannot do that. If you trade a player with an option for the upcoming season, I think that option must be picked up.

I still don’t think Phoenix trades a #10 pick to free up 15M
    You can but it still doesn’t guarantee it only certain ones, Portis probably does, but they don’t have any backup center PF on there roster either if they chuck Frank. They still need a backup for Ayton if they want to rid of Oubre. So keeping him isn’t really that bad for them.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...or-202021.html
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-17-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan