Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 645 of 797 FirstFirst ... 145545595635643644645646647655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 11948
    Last edited by smood999; 09-14-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    Dennis Smith Jr is only 22 years old. His first year with Dallas he averaged 15 3 and 5. You donít just give up on that. Itís not a coincidence that he comes to New York and fails. We now hopefully have the right coach and development people in place to get him right. I think it would be a very bad decision to trade any of our young guys for a 35 year old making 40mil a year. If Paul wants to play here the most Iím willing to give up is a couple of second or late first rounders and Iggy, thatís about it.
    I donít think DJ is completely bad, I donít think he is motivated enough to put effort on defense. His offense can improve especially consistency and playmaking. I just think he can be better going to another team so he can get more burn than he would here.

If Thibs really liked DJ and they use Knox in a trade over Frank and or DJ then I can see where the pick will be used. I can see them using both Knox and DJ in a trade. Just not the same one
    ďTwo things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.Ē
    ― Albert Einstein
    ďI will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.Ē
    ― Tamar Myers
    ďDon't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.Ē
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I think we have some leverage with the CP3 thing. While some teams like Milwaukee and Philadelphia would be very interested in trading for CP3, the only benefit would be late picks and it would result in bad contracts being sent back to OKC. Maybe they don't care about taking on Bledsoe or Horford, but maybe they want to save money to spend on young FAs who will fit with their young core of SGA, etc.

We're one of the few teams who are able to take CP3 into space, and are willing to do so. I think, at most, we should be willing to part with a DSJ and one of Frank or Knox. AT MOST. If Leon is good, we can get CP3 for like Randle, DSJ and maybe a 2nd or two.

Otherwise, it's not worth it. If we include a 1st in the deal, then blast Leon to the moon.
    I think Knicks would gladly cough up a late pick for cp3 so they can get a veteran floor general which is why I said the deal is going to sting a year later but it's worth doing for the knkcks.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Iíd take Paul for dsj right now. That saves them a lot of money the next two years
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Leon Rose is not going to make deals because right now, the Knicks roster doesn't have much to salvage except RJ Barrett and (somewhat) Mitchell Robinson.

The Knicks' greatest assets are the extra First rounders. The Knicks will have 2 First rounders in 3 out of the next 4 drafts.

Now here's the thing. Outside of Porzingis, the Knicks are mediocre to terrible when it comes to the draft. That list may change. I say this because RJ Barrett has only played one season...and Mitchell Robinson hasn't played very much.

Right now, Leon Rose & co will start with establishing the Knicks' identity through the draft. It's their only move.

Here's the thing, the Knicks can't afford to draft a kid who needs 3-4 yrs to develop. They really NEED that kid who can start right off the bat. I'm sorry I only see half a dozen legit starters. The rest could develop into starters but no one knows when that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    I donít think DJ is completely bad, I donít think he is motivated enough to put effort on defense. His offense can improve especially consistency and playmaking. I just think he can be better going to another team so he can get more burn than he would here.

If Thibs really liked DJ and they use Knox in a trade over Frank and or DJ then I can see where the pick will be used. I can see them using both Knox and DJ in a trade. Just not the same one
    I don't think DSJ has any future with this team, but unlike Randle, I think the best thing to do with him is to build him back up...

He is absolutely at the lowest value of his career right now, give him some new coaching, some minutes for him to at least show flashes and I think you may get a significantly better return at the deadline...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I don't think DSJ has any future with this team, but unlike Randle, I think the best thing to do with him is to build him back up...

He is absolutely at the lowest value of his career right now, give him some new coaching, some minutes for him to at least show flashes and I think you may get a significantly better return at the deadline...
    No one is going to give us anything for him at the deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    How in the world would you know why Leon was brought here? I hear stuff like this and it just sounds ridiculous to me. So Leon, the 5 wiz kids, and a full development coaching staff were brought here to make trades for 40yr old players and not evaluate young, up and coming talent and build a team from ground up??...rrriigghhtt...WE"RE delusional...lol
    Itís a typical Dolan move. Rose is a former player agent, he has no team building experience. We donít know how much he really knows about basketball. His strengths are his player relationships and his connections. He brought in www with him, thatís another guy thatís all about connections. That all points to us trying to attract FAís and going after stars via trade.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I think Knicks would gladly cough up a late pick for cp3 so they can get a veteran floor general which is why I said the deal is going to sting a year later but it's worth doing for the knkcks.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I donít mind trading for cp3. The most id give up is dsj + 2nd round pick + randle. Heís making $45m and heís old, so there wonít be many teams lining up to get him. The teams that are interested canít really offer OKC salary relief like we can. If we get him I really hope we donít get played again.

But I could easily see rose cleaning house and throwing in frank, Knox, and dsj, plus a late pick.

No way would OKC take Dennis Smith JR, a feeble second round pick, and Julius Joke Randle.

1. Dennis Smith Jr is an example of when scouts overrate a player. In college where 1 out of every dozen is a highlight machine, the NBA is a culmination of highlight machines from all over the world. After his first season of the league, every one had tape on this kid so they were prepared. DSJr didn't expand his game. He was finished.

2. A second round pick? Pfft. Chris Paul is a Hall of Famer and came within a half of upsetting Houston. Three first rounders gets a dial tone.

3. OKC would be open to trading Chris Paul much how they traded Harden, cash flow. Why would they take the Knicks' junk? They wouldn't. The Thunder have a bazillion picks from the Paul George trade. They have a good young talent. They want more talent to develop. Not a vet.

I guess I'll just wait and see what unfolds before I judge but i have a hard time believing THIS (CP3) is the first major move the new org makes. No way. I just dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    I guess I'll just wait and see what unfolds before I judge but i have a hard time believing THIS (CP3) is the first major move the new org makes. No way. I just dont see it.
    I hope not. Again, I never thought there was any desperation for them to deal him. But everyone is swearing his money matters, even thought they arenít spending on anyone

Just going to hope we resist temptation

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    No one is going to give us anything for him at the deadline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly my point... You're saying that now, based on his recent play...

He's been better before and imo will be better to start the year with a new coach....

As soon as he has a decent stretch of games, sell him off to any team with an injury and a dream...

Nobody knows how this draft will pan out. The Knicks have an entirely new FO with a lot of proven basketball minds who found players like Donovon Mitchell, Gobert and SGA.

I just feel like there are some real hidden gem 💎 in this draft... Bane, Terry, Cassius Winston, maybe even Scrub.

DSJ is a bust...he is a wash and to think he's on a bad team on the Knicks and he still ends up being a bust when his numbers should be anywhere from 18 to 20 PPG or even 20 plus PPG. If you can't even perform in New York of all places, you may as well be a bust which is what he is. I mean in Dallas in his rookie year he showed promise but after that he fell off.

But what DSJ needs is a new change of scenery altogether...but also he needs to bulk up in terms of gettin more muscular and losing whatever weight he put on but also gettin his mind right...if he can do that then maybe just maybe he can salvage himself in NY but he's done