Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 642 of 798 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692742 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 11958
  1. #9616
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    42
    26-56
    36-46
    23-43

    Those were the seasons the Warriors had before the splash brothers started running wild on the NBA. 3 seasons of building and developing the team. Building chemistry and bringing the right personnel that fit the image. Nobody wants to come here. We have tried it before. We got the right personel in place. Let them work with the kids and get them there. Not fancy now but it is what we have to do to get there.

  2. #9617
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    4,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    26-56
    36-46
    23-43

    Those were the seasons the Warriors had before the splash brothers started running wild on the NBA. 3 seasons of building and developing the team. Building chemistry and bringing the right personnel that fit the image. Nobody wants to come here. We have tried it before. We got the right personel in place. Let them work with the kids and get them there. Not fancy now but it is what we have to do to get there.
    People also forget that steph wasn’t the steph curry that we know now. He kept getting injured and wasn’t as good. They were thinking about trading him. They also almost traded klay Thompson for Kevin love. It just shows that you have to be patient sometimes and invest in the development of your younger players.

    It much easier attracting free agents when have developed a good core of players.

  3. #9618
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,542

    2020 Draft Thread (Knicks Pick 8th)

    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    To each their own. Who here believes we are making the playoffs next year. We not close to competing for a title at all. You know what a squad like that is different from before?!?! Its consistent. They get to play together build quemistry together. And improve. We got a coach that preaches defense. We got assistant coaches that will develop the players finally. Consistancy and improvement from within will help us get to where we want to be. We dont need to blow it up every 2 to 3 years to make a change. That's why we haven't progressed. Change with the Knicks is actually having something consistent. Get me that squad let us win 20 to 30 games get another high pick with a good free agent signing and the future is bright for us for once.
    I’m down I just don’t think they’d be this fun team to watch


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #9619
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knicks Interview Scrubb

    https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/25/...-20-nba-teams/

    Let's go.....https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...ect-jay-scrubb

    Can't believe I never saw this.

    “Jay Scrubb’s stock is rising due to his 22 interviews so far,” Marcum said. “Twelve teams have said he has lottery talent. I wanted to give teams the opportunity to get to know Jay as a person. Jay is working hard, preparing for his opportunity to show that he is a top talent in the upcoming draft.”
    He added: “Teams are falling in love with Jay. The word I keep hearing from teams regarding Jay is ‘charming’ and ‘transparent.’ He’s a very honest and authentic person.”
    Scrubb averaged 19.5 points and 8.6 rebounds during the 2018-19 season, and 20.2 points and 8.9 boards this past season while shooting 55 percent from the field and 46 percent from deep.
    Scrubb also said he’s willing to play in the NBA G League.
    “I would look at it as an opportunity to learn and improve,” he said. “I’m planning on playing this game for a long time. If a team drafts me I will follow their lead in how they want to develop me as a player.”
    Here's a pretty thorough analysis of Scrubb...

    https://www.thestepien.com/2020/04/0...outing-report/

    It's def an upside play, and his interviews seem to show he has the mentality to want to get better and learn...

    Would be a very good 2nd round pick imo, but I wouldn't kill the FO for taking a shot at him at 27 either in this subpar draft...

  5. #9620
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    People also forget that steph wasn’t the steph curry that we know now. He kept getting injured and wasn’t as good. They were thinking about trading him. They also almost traded klay Thompson for Kevin love. It just shows that you have to be patient sometimes and invest in the development of your younger players.

    It much easier attracting free agents when have developed a good core of players.
    Steph Curry was a no doubt NBA starter, even early on. It’s a lot easier to have patience when you know you have something. He was better as a rookie than mostly our whole roster will ever be

  6. #9621
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,625
    Dude. Every one but the numbskull Minnesota Timberwolves who picked Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio over Steph Curry knew he was going to be a very good NBA player. Yeah, he had some ankle injuries and his frame was questioned but everyone knew he was going to be good. Memphis and OKC picked out of need. Same with Sacramento.

    The Knicks' Donnie Walsh didn't want to give up an extra draft pick to move up and grab Steph Curry. That's a shame because it wasn't long after, the Knicks would trade for Melo. Think about a team with Melo, Steph Curry, Amare, and Tyson Chandler.

    Instead the Knicks drafted Jordan Hill.

    That's my fear. The Knicks will once again, "settle" on the alleged best available which will lead to a trade 2-3 seasons later.

  7. #9622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,010
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Here's a pretty thorough analysis of Scrubb...

    https://www.thestepien.com/2020/04/0...outing-report/

    It's def an upside play, and his interviews seem to show he has the mentality to want to get better and learn...

    Would be a very good 2nd round pick imo, but I wouldn't kill the FO for taking a shot at him at 27 either in this subpar draft...
    Scrubb is an elite slasher that can shoot as well. I see Donovan Mitchell all over again. The only knock I've seen on the guy was shot selection and defensive lapses and who better to help with both of those than a good coach like Thibs. I feel like Thibs and Pop are the kind of coaches who this kid could thrive under. Give him some discipline and hard nose coaching from Thibs and Woody and who knows..possibly a diamond in the rough.

    His upside is tremendous and he's also capable of contributing tomorrow imo. Put him with a facilitator and allow him and RJ to attack, pnr while Hali is in the corner. The fit is there. He would be the Knicks best slasher immediately and that's why I think the Knicks would likely have to use that late 1st on him, if he's there.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-13-2020 at 08:54 AM.

  8. #9623
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Scrubb is an elite slasher that can shoot as well. I see Donovan Mitchell all over again. The only knock I've seen on the guy was shot selection and defensive lapses and who better to help with both of those than a good coach like Thibs. I feel like Thibs and Pop are the kind of coaches who this kid could thrive under. Give him some discipline and hard nose coaching from Thibs and Woody and who knows..possibly a diamond in the rough.

    His upside is tremendous and he's also capable of contributing tomorrow imo. Put him with a facilitator and allow him and RJ to attack, pnr while Hali is in the corner. The fit is there. He would be the Knicks best slasher immediately and that's why I think the Knicks would likely have to use that late 1st on him, if he's there.
    I’m cool with Scrubb. Well worth rolling the dice. Could pay out huge

  9. #9624
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,010
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’m cool with Scrubb. Well worth rolling the dice. Could pay out huge
    When is the last time the Knicks had a slasher like this? Scrubb can flat out score and he scores through contact because of his ridiculous athleticism and 40' vertical. He's played 2 yrs in juco but he's younger than Cole.

  10. #9625
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,010
    I really don't see a need for the Knicks to go after young bigs in the draft, unless they see something special. Bigs seem to come a dime a dozen and more and more, guards run this joint so load up on guards in this draft. Hali, Scrubb, Payton Pritchard

  11. #9626
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    When is the last time the Knicks had a slasher like this? Scrubb can flat out score and he scores through contact because of his ridiculous athleticism and 40' vertical. He's played 2 yrs in juco but he's younger than Cole.
    He’s definitely got tools/skills. Hopefully not all the other teams agree

  12. #9627
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,273
    Ball, Cole, Okoro so far I would be happy if Knicks end up with any of this three I hope they don't bust this draft like Knox and frank.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  13. #9628
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,176
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Nm it was boogie that said that.

    And dont matter who said it, it's crazy
    I still say it's true, their style of play and body type are the same. That's why ESPN said it too.

    The problem is that the Knicks wanted Randle to play like Draymond... if Zion was told to bring the ball up and try to play point forward he would have many of the turnovers and problems Randle had. Zion is a better defender though. Randle is more durable but neither one is a good fit next to Mitch which is the problem. If we had drafted Zion we would be talking about him not fitting but instead would be trying to trade Mitch... oh wait you want that anyway 🤦🏽

  14. #9629
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Steph Curry was a no doubt NBA starter, even early on. It’s a lot easier to have patience when you know you have something. He was better as a rookie than mostly our whole roster will ever be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Dude. Every one but the numbskull Minnesota Timberwolves who picked Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio over Steph Curry knew he was going to be a very good NBA player. Yeah, he had some ankle injuries and his frame was questioned but everyone knew he was going to be good. Memphis and OKC picked out of need. Same with Sacramento.

    The Knicks' Donnie Walsh didn't want to give up an extra draft pick to move up and grab Steph Curry. That's a shame because it wasn't long after, the Knicks would trade for Melo. Think about a team with Melo, Steph Curry, Amare, and Tyson Chandler.

    Instead the Knicks drafted Jordan Hill.

    That's my fear. The Knicks will once again, "settle" on the alleged best available which will lead to a trade 2-3 seasons later.
    It's great to speak when we have hindsight. Nobody knew what Steph was going to be. People thought he was injury prone. There was a lot of questions at draft time and during those first 3 years. It is so easy to say all this about Steph knowing what we know now about him. But back then that wasnt the case. One small move could have send his career a different path.

  15. #9630
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    26-56
    36-46
    23-43

    Those were the seasons the Warriors had before the splash brothers started running wild on the NBA. 3 seasons of building and developing the team. Building chemistry and bringing the right personnel that fit the image. Nobody wants to come here. We have tried it before. We got the right personel in place. Let them work with the kids and get them there. Not fancy now but it is what we have to do to get there.
    Exactly... Beautifully written

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •