Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 640 of 798 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650690740 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 11956
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don’t enjoy it but that’s exactly my point. It looked better, but it wasn’t actually better.
    What was Randle’s net rating and his paired net rating vs. other guys on the team? On/off splits etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Johnson and #17 for Randle and #27 makes sense for everyone.

A Johnson for Randle swap does nothing for us. We're not that desperate to move Randle.
    This trade does actually make sense for both teams. I like the 17th enough to also include our 2nd if needed.

I also think the Conley trade rumors have legs.

Randle was/is AWFUL for us, but a lot of that was him trying to do WAY too much...

If he's on the Jazz, he slides into the Derrick Favors ish role and the trade saves them about $16M

Conley + 23
    for
    Randle + 38

Fair deal & Conley's flippable for us at the deadline.

In similarly low graded drafts, it's usually the unknown player that ends up being the guy you look back on and wonder why he was drafted below so many subpar guys...

I'm thinking maybe that's Poku this year...

NOBODY knows anything about him...

His highlight videos look like they're against local pickup level of competition...

He's thin as I've seen almost anyone & he should probably wear a "slender man" costume every Halloween...

But his skill set, fluidity, ability to shoot, handle, BBIQ, etc... are all off the charts and HIGHLY regarded by EVERYONE who has seen him...

He's a 7 footer running the pick and roll, not setting the screen, RUNNING IT!

If I'm the Knicks, I do whatever I could to move back twd the late lottery to take a shot at this 0 proven, all upside player...

Get him into a prof workout routine, let him get mins with Westchester, and maybe just maybe in a couple years he's on the big stage looking like a fleeter footed Jokic (41st pick in 2014)...

Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    I also think the Conley trade rumors have legs.

Randle was/is AWFUL for us, but a lot of that was him trying to do WAY too much...

If he's on the Jazz, he slides into the Derrick Favors ish role and the trade saves them about $16M

Conley + 23
    for
    Randle + 38

Fair deal & Conley's flippable for us at the deadline.
    I think everyone on this board would OK any deal that gets us a first for Randle, and doesn’t take back any long term salary

As far as Poku, people know plenty. He’s a complete dice roll, plenty of mocks out there have him going mid-late first.

If Knicks pass on a do it all, plus player like Hali, at a position of need, i believe they'll regret it. If Knicks are using the "numbers" and advanced stats to make their pick, Hali has to be one of the most attractive guys on the board.

And bring Scrubb to the Garden. He would immediately become one of the most offensively skilled versatile wings on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    If Knicks pass on a do it all, plus player like Hali, at a position of need, i believe they'll regret it. If Knicks are using the "numbers" and advanced stats to make their pick, Hali has to be one of the most attractive guys on the board.

And bring Scrubb to the Garden. He would immediately become one of the most offensively skilled versatile wings on the team.
    i dont think most, if any teams draft prospects based on numbers. it's much more about potential & skillset. Otherwise Prichard would probably be the #1 pick..lol
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 09-12-2020 at 09:32 AM.

Just wondering who would have raised their stock in the final weeks and tournament.

Sacramento Kings receive: Julius Randle & 27th pick

New York Knicks receive: Buddy Hield & 35th pick

Randle goes to the Kings and over there he can pair up with Fox and Bagley...he would thrive in Sacramento

Buddy Hield in New York is just a match made in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i dont think most, if any teams draft prospects based on numbers. it's much more about potential & skillset. Otherwise Prichard would probably be the #1 pick..lol
    Advanced statisticians and wiz kids like the ones we hired, typically focus mostly on the numbers and of course age and upside weigh in, just as much as a players reach and height weigh in. In other words, you have to look at all the numbers and Hali checks the box almost everywhere at a position of need.

Pritchard is by far my choice for our 2nd round pick if he's there. He's too good not to have a very valuable rookie scale contract. He can contribute on a pro team tomorrow.

I am shocked that Scrubb isn't getting more attention. Seriously, there aren't 3 other guys in this draft who can do what he does at his size. Edwards, LaMelo, ?

His penetration, scoring, ball handle, and shooting would fit perfectly with Hali and RJ.
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-12-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Sacramento Kings receive: Julius Randle & 27th pick

New York Knicks receive: Buddy Hield & 35th pick

Randle goes to the Kings and over there he can pair up with Fox and Bagley...he would thrive in Sacramento

Buddy Hield in New York is just a match made in heaven
    sac would never do that lol

After reading multiple articles suggesting that Thibs wants to keep Frank and especially DSJ i feel like they might just draft Vassell. I wouldn't be mad if the coaching staff could actually get DSJ and Frank to be a Ja and Dinwiddie type of guard duo. I'm only referring to playing styles. Vassell is growing on me. Then use the 27th and 38th picks on a shooter(Bane, Riller, Ramsey) and a backup big (Smith, Carey, Okuro)...

Frank / DSJ
    Vassell / Bane
    RJ / Iggy
    Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Smith

That's a really balanced roster. For those that think Knox can't start at PF... his defense isn't any worse than Bertans or many other stretch 4s. I really think that stretch 4 is Knox calling. I often compare Knox to Rashard Lewis which i think is his ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    After reading multiple articles suggesting that Thibs wants to keep Frank and especially DSJ i feel like they might just draft Vassell. I wouldn't be mad if the coaching staff could actually get DSJ and Frank to be a Ja and Dinwiddie type of guard duo. I'm only referring to playing styles. Vassell is growing on me. Then use the 27th and 38th picks on a shooter(Bane, Riller, Ramsey) and a backup big (Smith, Carey, Okuro)...

Frank / DSJ
    Vassell / Bane
    RJ / Iggy
    Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Smith

That's a really balanced roster. For those that think Knox can't start at PF... his defense isn't any worse than Bertans or many other stretch 4s. I really think that stretch 4 is Knox calling. I often compare Knox to Rashard Lewis which i think is his ceiling.
    I’d be very happy with Vassell & Bane personally. That’s a lot of shooting, off ball motion and defense which helps a ton

Knicks Interview Scrubb

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/06/25/...-20-nba-teams/

Let's go.....https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...ect-jay-scrubb

Can't believe I never saw this.

“Jay Scrubb’s stock is rising due to his 22 interviews so far,” Marcum said. “Twelve teams have said he has lottery talent. I wanted to give teams the opportunity to get to know Jay as a person. Jay is working hard, preparing for his opportunity to show that he is a top talent in the upcoming draft.”
    He added: “Teams are falling in love with Jay. The word I keep hearing from teams regarding Jay is ‘charming’ and ‘transparent.’ He’s a very honest and authentic person.”
    Scrubb averaged 19.5 points and 8.6 rebounds during the 2018-19 season, and 20.2 points and 8.9 boards this past season while shooting 55 percent from the field and 46 percent from deep.
    Scrubb also said he’s willing to play in the NBA G League.
    “I would look at it as an opportunity to learn and improve,” he said. “I’m planning on playing this game for a long time. If a team drafts me I will follow their lead in how they want to develop me as a player.”
    Last edited by Bivory; 09-12-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

Frank / DSJ
    Vassell / Bane
    RJ / Iggy
    Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Smith

Yes this. Instead of Bane I would like Nesmith trade up for him. And with Randle trade him and get assets or move him to the 6th man role and play him at the 5. Since small ball is a thing amd all lol.

One player I would love to keep an eye on is Jonathan Isaac. Could be a potential low risk/high reward. He could come cheap due to his injury and we could afford to stash him for a year while he recovers. We ain't competing next year so we good lol. Anyways yeah

Frank/Dsj
    Vassel/Nesmith
    Rj/Iggy
    Knox/Wooten
    Mitch/Smith

With wtvr we bring for Randle and if we could land Isaac. Could be fun basketball to watch again in NY. I'm excited for the first time in forever. I believe we have a coaching staff that will set a culture and develop players. Oh and plus we got the Mula to throw around a FAs lol. Just let it be the right ones to help mold this team