Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 629 of 819 FirstFirst ... 129529579619627628629630631639679729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 12277
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Iím not sure there is one. Which is why Iíd think Hali is the pick.

It all also depends on the potential of chasing a 2 in FA. If we are, Iíd say Vassell makes much less sense. Not that we couldnít use him regardless, but Iíd rather draft someone we view as a starter
    You donít think Vassell is a potential starter in this league?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Have you watched them play? Theyíre not similar at all. Vassell is in constant motion, think Kyle Korver or old school Ray Allen but bigger. He moves around in ways that no one on our roster does, period. Hali doesnít do that. Vassellís shot release point is also super high. Whereas Hali shoots from his chest.

Vassell isnít a playmaker, whereas Hali is. Vassell is the better defender by quite a bit and his motor is also very very high. But heís a wing where Hali is really a PG who can play off ball. But comparing them as apples to apples is off.
    Is Vassell really a motion shooter? He certainly moves off the ball and cuts well, but I'm not sure he's a guy who's going to curl around a screen and catch and shoot a 3 like Korver/Allen. That seems more like Nesmith's skill set.

But Vassell is still high on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    You donít think Vassell is a potential starter in this league?
    No I didnít mean it like that. I think he can be. I was referring to us having plans to target players in FA. Assuming Vassell is a 2/3, and I believe RJ settles at 3. If we are going to sign a 2, Iím figuring itís to start. So basically he would be in a bench role for the forseeable future. I think as thin as we are at both guards, could sign and draft several

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Giving up draft pick for a guy whose previous team coughed up multiple picks to get rid of him wow if Knicks do this my hope for this regime is already dead.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I donít think the Knicks will get him, but youíre crazy to think that whichever team trades for him wonít have to give up assets to get him. Your hope for the entire league may be dead then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Is Vassell really a motion shooter? He certainly moves off the ball and cuts well, but I'm not sure he's a guy who's going to curl around a screen and catch and shoot a 3 like Korver/Allen. That seems more like Nesmith's skill set.

But Vassell is still high on my list.
    Yeah I hear you on Nesmith, but I think Vassell in the right system will do this as well. Heís a smart player and he is a constant motion guy. Coming off curls is really just Xís and Oís from the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    No I didnít mean it like that. I think he can be. I was referring to us having plans to target players in FA. Assuming Vassell is a 2/3, and I believe RJ settles at 3. If we are going to sign a 2, Iím figuring itís to start. So basically he would be in a bench role for the forseeable future. I think as thin as we are at both guards, could sign and draft several
    I want a PG too. I do think Vassell and RJ will work fine as a 2/3 combo playing alongside each other. If anything Vassell helps RJ with spacing big time. Also dumping Randle will help our spacing big time.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah, but not compared to SGA or Mikal Bridges.

Mikal is average at best.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

As much as I want RJ at the 3, I wouldnít be against him staying at the 2 as a secondary playmaker and ball handler. He does have the skills for that.

If you put Cole/Maxey next to him at PG then you donít have to worry about either having pressure to be a playmaker all the time and can mix it up getting buckets. RJ is a downhill player who attacks to the paint. Cole/Maxey are capable shooters off the ball as well as on. I think Cole has a bit better defense than Maxey.

Now you add Vassell on the other side of him and you have a player who is constantly in motion and is a pretty good shooter and cutter who is capable of playing top defense which works for Thibs. Now if people are wondering if he can come around a curl or screen to catch n shoot I think he can but it wasnít expected at FSU. Those little things can be worked on and is not a major weakness. With RJ driving to the paint, RJ will be able to always find a cutting Vassell.

With the way the draft is shaking out and Cole and Maxey being able to be drafted in the teens then Iíve warmed up to the fact that if we have a chance to locking up someone like Vassell it would be the best pick available that works for what the Knicks need. We need another high end defensive player who can shoot a bit but can also stay in motion to get easy buckets.

Itís really hoping that the Knicks can move up back into the lottery pick at 14, if they stay at 8. Itís one of those draft where you can walk away with 2 good pieces to build on that helps some of the issues we have.
    Last edited by justcallmetm; 09-10-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Hali was my #1 guy for a while, but his inability to break down defenses, especially as a 2nd year player is a big concern. A PG that can break down a defense is what we need so badly, even as much as shooting.

i rather take a chance on a guy that could potentially solve our issues, even if he doesn't pan out. instead of going for a safer pick like we usually do.
    I mean we don't have any guards that can shoot either rj can attack the paint just find we desperately need shooters and defense

I want a superior distributor at 8 and an athletic beast at 27 who can split the D, pull from 3, or bring the house down with his 40' vertical. Haliburton and Scrubb The captain and the baller.

Trade up for Ball, Haliburton, Deni and if that's not there then trade down for the speedster Kira Lewis can fly and can be like a Ja Morant period!

The thing is, guys like Lebron, Giannis, Harden...all of these guys have speed and freakish frames to force a speedster to change his shot or direction.

That's the advantage of having a big guard, a guy that the opposition has to respect his jump shot because no one is blocking a guy at 6'8" draining a ten footer baseline. Likewise, no one can obscure a guy's vision at that size. Most of all, guys think twice about taking a charge.

NO ONE knows where or what the Knicks are going to do.

I just hope whatever this Front Office does, they realize aging free agents always screw the Knicks while superstars spurn them.

It's really important that this franchise find their franchise guy. No, I don't believe RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are franchise guys. They're nice complimentary pieces who could ascend but they've had so little college ball before coming to the pros, no one can say.

I don't think Thibs is going to let GM Scott Perry draft ANOTHER small forward, then try to convert him into a guard. Ball handling has been missing from this team for a very, VERY long time.

Kira Lewis Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Mikal Bridges is a role player at best. Talk about a guy with no upside and no shooting ability off the dribble..that's Mikal
    Sounds like Haliburton.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The thing is, guys like Lebron, Giannis, Harden...all of these guys have speed and freakish frames to force a speedster to change his shot or direction.

That's the advantage of having a big guard, a guy that the opposition has to respect his jump shot because no one is blocking a guy at 6'8" draining a ten footer baseline. Likewise, no one can obscure a guy's vision at that size. Most of all, guys think twice about taking a charge.

NO ONE knows where or what the Knicks are going to do.

I just hope whatever this Front Office does, they realize aging free agents always screw the Knicks while superstars spurn them.

It's really important that this franchise find their franchise guy. No, I don't believe RJ Barrett nor Mitchell Robinson are franchise guys. They're nice complimentary pieces who could ascend but they've had so little college ball before coming to the pros, no one can say.

I don't think Thibs is going to let GM Scott Perry draft ANOTHER small forward, then try to convert him into a guard. Ball handling has been missing from this team for a very, VERY long time.
    How about mentioning who you want, and how you would plan on making it happen?

If it was easy to find, we wouldnít have gone all this time without one
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-10-2020 at 06:40 PM.