Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 616 of 797 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666716 ... LastLast
Results 9,226 to 9,240 of 11948
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Knicks rumor right now: Knicks trade Randle to Utah for Conley and draft considerations. Apparently Utah needs the cap space to keep both DM and Rudy.
    Why? Donít Gobert and DMs deals end after next season, when Conley comes off the books?

I just love that first priority is trading him lol thank god if true

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why? Donít Gobert and DMs deals end after next season, when Conley comes off the books?
    I donít know their contract situation the article states they want to lock them both up and try to pay the least luxury tax possible.

Jazz have the 23rd pick. Would they deal us that plus Conley for Randle? Almost seems too good to be true although Iím guessing Conleys contract is bad.

Maybe we could deal all 4 picks to move up to number 1 for Ball? 8/23/27/38? Is that enough to entice Minny? Or no way? Weíd keep both Dal picks in this scenario.

Sign Jerami Grant:

Ball-Frank-RJ-Grant-Mitch
    Conley-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Taj

I like that a lot, plus still have both Dal picks plus our own firsts moving forward? Weíd be in damn fine shape. Could draft Jalen Green next year to add to this.
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 09-06-2020 at 11:37 PM.

I donít know their contract situation the article states they want to lock them both up and try to pay the least luxury tax possible.
    They wonít though, as far as I see. Next year they might be a bit over. But after that, only have a few players on the books

I donít think itís a straight salary dump.

Randle is a useful player for them and he costs $10M+ less than Conley, with the potential of keeping him longer than just next year.

The trade gets Utah under the cap too so I believe theyíd have more useful exceptions to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I donít think itís a straight salary dump.

Randle is a useful player for them and he costs $10M+ less than Conley, with the potential of keeping him longer than just next year.

The trade gets Utah under the cap too so I believe theyíd have more useful exceptions to use.
    Yeah Randle would probably be good playing with DM.

Randle for Conley in any capacity would be a dream. Conley is a perfect short term fit here and heís still not super old or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Cassius Stanley ainít getting minutes next year regardless of who takes him. Heís super raw, gonna take a few years IF he can get there. He kind of reminds of Zhaire Smith who iirc was drafted way higher than where Stanley will go and hasnít done much of anything in the league.

Even Cole next year probably struggles a lot. RJ struggled as a rookie and Cole is no RJ.
    Cole is a better shooter than RJ but RJ should stay at SG so that he can keep using his size advantage like Kobe and Tmac did at SG... Neither of those guys were good shooters until around their 3rd season so I believe RJ can do the same... He is going to be inspired to get better to beat his godfather in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Cole is a better shooter than RJ but RJ should stay at SG so that he can keep using his size advantage like Kobe and Tmac did at SG... Neither of those guys were good shooters until around their 3rd season so I believe RJ can do the same... He is going to be inspired to get better to beat his godfather in Brooklyn.
    We just have to adapt to the modern league and be faster. Having huge oversized guys at every position kills you in terms of speed/mobility, especially when several of them arenít great three point shooters.

Personally I feel RJ is a 3 in this league, not a 2, but weíll see. Cole also isnít really a 1 in my eyes, heís a 2. He definitely isnít coming in and running an efficient NBA offense next year, canít see that at all tbh. Just let him focus on scoring and not have to worry about anything else, I think thatís how you maximize Cole.

Cole is already building his brand in NYC...

https://youtu.be/UUrCSXVJFQ8

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    We just have to adapt to the modern league and be faster. Having huge oversized guys at every position kills you in terms of speed/mobility, especially when several of them arenít great three point shooters.

Personally I feel RJ is a 3 in this league, not a 2, but weíll see. Cole also isnít really a 1 in my eyes, heís a 2. He definitely isnít coming in and running an efficient NBA offense next year, canít see that at all tbh. Just let him focus on scoring and not have to worry about anything else, I think thatís how you maximize Cole.
    That's what he does but people underestimate his passing which isn't bad. He doesn't have Ball's passing but Ball doesn't have Cole's scoring and Cole is likely a much better defender..

Do the Mike Conley and Utah pick for Julius Randle and we can even run some small ball lineups with Conley, Cole and RJ.

Cole / Conley
    RJ / Frank / Bane (2nd round pick)
    Jaden McDaniels (Utah pick) / Iggy
    Knox / Wooten
    Mitch / Jalen Smith or Poku (27th pick)/ Taj

I know that's a lot of young talent but that's what we need instead of wasting out time with all those short term vets wasting development minutes from the young players.

I love Jaden McDaniels game... He has a PG handle at 6'10", super athletic and can knock down the 3... Why he is projected to go so deep in the draft has to do with him being thin but he is KD wiry.

not buying this, COnley was one of their best players in the playoffs, he's simply a much better player than Randle, and Randle is an awful fit with Gobert. AND they're sending a pick? don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not buying this, COnley was one of their best players in the playoffs, he's simply a much better player than Randle, and Randle is an awful fit with Gobert. AND they're sending a pick? don't buy it.
    For one year of salary relief? That they donít really need? Then go into the season needing to find a PG?

The only reason they might do it, would be if they want to resign Clarkson, and dont want to go over the cap. Heís another guy Iíd think about signing. Shouldnít be very expensive, still young, and he can shoot/score

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    For one year of salary relief? That they donít really need? Then go into the season needing to find a PG?

The only reason they might do it, would be if they want to resign Clarkson, and dont want to go over the cap. Heís another guy Iíd think about signing. Shouldnít be very expensive, still young, and he can shoot/score
    i personally hate Clarksons game... he's the SG version of Kuzma. and he's had some decent years shooting but career well below average from 3.

Maybe if we took Ed Davis too and gave them Bullock? but overall i dont buy this rumor