Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 597 of 816 FirstFirst ... 97497547587595596597598599607647697 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 12240
  1. #8941
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    One thing I know I don't want to see anymore is RJ at the 2...

    Hopefully that's over with Thibs...

    He has all the skills to develop into an elite SF or an average NBA SG....

    Why even toy around with anything but what he'll be best at?

    I'd much rather see Stanley out there learning, then RJ playing out of position...
    I disagree. JR should be a do everything wing. Putting him in a box limits him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #8942
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís why I want to pair him with Kelly Olynyk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Saric plays D and shoots every bit as much as Olynyk & Kelly has much less consistent passing and is older...

    At prob $12 mil a year...

    Other then it's cool that NYK is in his name, it's not close imo...

    I guess he's good backup plan, but dunno, never really liked his game, in that scenario prob rather dish out the extra $3mil for Grant or just stand pat in FA

  3. #8943
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I disagree. JR should be a do everything wing. Putting him in a box limits him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get what you're saying, but how about letting him further develop what he's good at, before forcing him to start in the less ideal position for him?

    I'm not saying you can't sub in a Knox or other SF and slide him over, but starting him at the 2, playing him as the pseudo PG, let him work on that stuff later...

    I guess its "thrown to wolves" vs "build him up" philosophy differences...

    Good thing is he seems built to take on either strategy...

    I just want to see his confidence build to the point where that enables him to start making more shots... Then you can flex him all over...

  4. #8944
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,959
    Welp, Iím back on the Cole hype train.

  5. #8945
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,785
    Since we slipped down to #8, Cole would be a fine pick. He has enough talent and upside the justify taking the risk with him IMO.

  6. #8946
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    Saric plays D and shoots every bit as much as Olynyk & Kelly has much less consistent passing and is older...

    At prob $12 mil a year...

    Other then it's cool that NYK is in his name, it's not close imo...

    I guess he's good backup plan, but dunno, never really liked his game, in that scenario prob rather dish out the extra $3mil for Grant or just stand pat in FA
    I was joking bc he is also a skilled unathletic guy that doesnít very defend well. I do like Kelly though and feel those guy would at least be fun to watch


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #8947
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I was joking bc he is also a skilled unathletic guy that doesnít very defend well. I do like Kelly though and feel those guy would at least be fun to watch


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HaHa... Don't sleep on Saric though... It's rare that players can do everything, Dario is no exception...

    But despite his almost inability to dunk, he's crafty enough, smart enough and skilled enough to contribute to wins...

    Just look back at those Philly teams in the playoffs... He was big factor for them, their "glue guy"...

    They had to deal him for Jimmy, but it's no surprise they want him back...

    We need 2 major "skill" upgrades... Passing and shooting... If you can upgrade both for even $8mil at a position of need... Easy decision to me...
    Last edited by NYK2RIP; 09-02-2020 at 10:26 PM.

  8. #8948
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,682
    Quote Originally Posted by NYK2RIP View Post
    HaHa... Don't sleep on Saric though... It's rare that players can do everything, Dario is no exception...

    But despite his almost inability to dunk, he's crafty enough, smart enough and skilled enough to contribute to wins...

    Just look back at those Philly teams in the playoffs... He was big factor for them, their "glue guy"...

    They had to deal him for Jimmy, but it's no surprise they want him back...

    We need 2 major "skill" upgrades... Passing and shooting... If you can upgrade both for even $8mil at a position of need... Easy decision to me...
    Iím down with Dario. I liked him in Philly. He was smart, was physical, and a decent shooter. Very likable player imo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #8949
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,439
    Taking away his rookie year where he shot poorly, Saric has shot 38% from 3 from his 2nd season on. and 45/38/86 overall. and 1.6 makes per game in 26mpg. He's a solid shooter from everywhere and plays smart, solid D.

    he's a role player and not my #1 choice, but he's definitely a solid fit here and young.

  10. #8950
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    34,439
    if we stay at #8 Cole has to be the guy. I keep coming back to him, he's D rose with a jumper, Thibs can work with him.

  11. #8951
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,397
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Taking away his rookie year where he shot poorly, Saric has shot 38% from 3 from his 2nd season on. and 45/38/86 overall. and 1.6 makes per game in 26mpg. He's a solid shooter from everywhere and plays smart, solid D.

    he's a role player and not my #1 choice, but he's definitely a solid fit here and young.
    I think heís a great fit. Iíd prefer Grant, but Saric would make sense. I donít think you need a game-changer up front, just a guy who can handle himself on both ends.

  12. #8952
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,015
    The one thing I like about the possibility of Cole is maybe the knicks have to stopped ignoring NYC bball talent. You would be surprised by all the players from NY that we passed up like, Donovan Mitchell, Metta World Peace, Tobias Harris, Danny Green and many more. I also like the fact that Cole is a dog and doesn't stop coming at you for an entire game. Whomever it is, be right. Please be right.

  13. #8953
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,169

  14. #8954
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Yes I would agree with that. But I really don't see Deni falling that far.

    I could see Cole falling though.
    The absolute best thing that could happen would be for Deni to fall in our lap at #8 then we trade #27, #38 and DSJ for #14 to Celtics for Cole Anthony.

    Celtics like gathering picks and DSJ would thrive off the bench there with no pressure.

  15. #8955
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,785
    I will say this, itís easy to look good when no one is guarding you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •