Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 213 of 798 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 11958
    Hayes, Haliburton, RJ Hampton, Cole are all intriguing to me but the trick is drafting the next top PG to come the next Donavan Mitchell type will the Knicks for once get lucky with this pick?

I'm not passing on Deni if he's there PG or not!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Was Hayes shooting 30% from 3 this season or 40%?

Now that Iím looking at his stats (and yes looks like only 10 games this year?) looks like 40% on 4 attempts a game?

Maybe thatís wrong but just watching tape on all these guys Iím starting to lean towards him more. He has a lot of intriguing strengths, from playmaking to his floater, shiftiness, step back off the dribble shot, very good passer, good size for position.

Starting to think if weíre drafting 4th or after he might be top of my board.
    I *think* those 10 games were just Eurocup, but overall Hayes is more of a 29-30% three-point shooter. I'd prefer Hayes over Cole and Haliburton at the moment, as I'm not really concerned about his shot at the next level.

The things that do concern me about Hayes are his lack of burst and average handles. I'm not sure how he is going to be able to break down NBA players off the dribble. And he favors his left hand to an extreme.

I've soured a bit on Hayes & Halisburton. They have question marks that may not be that easy to fix. I have Cole & Ball firmly above those 2 now.

In terms of PG's right now

Ball
    Cole
    Hali
    Hayes
    Lewis

I think Cole has become a bit underrated, he may not be a great passer but he has a Lillard type profile to me and his question marks are easier to fix at the NBA level and with the NBA style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I've soured a bit on Hayes & Halisburton. They have question marks that may not be that easy to fix. I have Cole & Ball firmly above those 2 now.

Ball
    Cole
    Hali
    Hayes
    Lewis

I think Cole has become a bit underrated, he may not be a great passer but he has a Lillard type profile to me and his question marks are easier to fix at the NBA level and with the NBA style of play.
    Cole also averaged a triple double in high school, so there could be some untapped playmaking upside that we just didn't see at UNC. I do think he will be more of a scorer at the next level regardless though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Ball
    Cole
    Hali
    Hayes
    Lewis

I have:

Ball
    Cole
    Hayes
    Lewis
    Hali

And yes, Cole has become extremely underrated now. He has a gift for scoring and is not recognized for his passing and defense. I just hope he is there for the Knicks pick.

I like Hampton. I think heís going to surprise some people
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I have:

Ball
    Cole
    Hayes
    Lewis
    Hali

And yes, Cole has become extremely underrated now. He has a gift for scoring and is not recognized for his passing and defense. I just hope he is there for the Knicks pick.
    People have to watch game tape and see how many assists were lost to teammates not completing plays. Ultimately it gets to you as a competitor and the tendency is to start taking it upon yourself to get the buckets.

Cole clearly has tons of game and room to grow. That's the other thing, people talk about Cole like he is a finished product but he has clear areas where he can improve just by hard work and practice.

I still go with Ball as top choice, with Cole as second best PG.

I like Halliburton's game. He may need a little more strength/conditioning but he's an efficient point guard. Maybe the best in terms of form and function. He can actually hit a free throw. His shot selection is way better than the other guards. He doesn't have the freakish frame that draws teams in.

That's why I am hoping the Knicks are smart enough to trade back up on get him IF they fail to draft their primary target, LaMelo Ball. If you can draft Cole Anthony and Halliburton then you've made up for losing Ball.

I think, a lot of teams are sleeping on Halliburton because they're still looking at it like, "Oh I gotta find the next Giannis. The next Mitchell. The next.."

If the Knicks can trade back up to 12-15 slot, I think they'll be able to grab Halliburton. Again, he's not sexy but he's serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Was Hayes shooting 30% from 3 this season or 40%?

Now that Iím looking at his stats (and yes looks like only 10 games this year?) looks like 40% on 4 attempts a game?

Maybe thatís wrong but just watching tape on all these guys Iím starting to lean towards him more. He has a lot of intriguing strengths, from playmaking to his floater, shiftiness, step back off the dribble shot, very good passer, good size for position.

Starting to think if weíre drafting 4th or after he might be top of my board.
    Same here, although I think that there are scenarios where Ball might still be available at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    People have to watch game tape and see how many assists were lost to teammates not completing plays. Ultimately it gets to you as a competitor and the tendency is to start taking it upon yourself to get the buckets.

Cole clearly has tons of game and room to grow. That's the other thing, people talk about Cole like he is a finished product but he has clear areas where he can improve just by hard work and practice.

I still go with Ball as top choice, with Cole as second best PG.
    Yeah I saw a few NC games and his teammates were horrendous. It's tough to be very good when he was the only competent player on the court. One of the worst NC teams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like Hampton. I think heís going to surprise some people
    I'm hoping he's available or at least in range for the Knicks to trade up with their second pick.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about where we draft yet, although it could be no later than 4th according to the recently discussed scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I wouldn't make any assumptions about where we draft yet, although it could be no later than 4th according to the recently discussed scenario.
    How ??

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm hoping he's available or at least in range for the Knicks to trade up with their second pick.
    Same I wouldnít be against Obi and trading up for Hampton.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331