Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 835 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 12518
    They can do visual workouts but yeah the combine is probably a wrap

Yall talking about draft picks in the free agent forum really???

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Yall talking about draft picks in the free agent forum really???
    Bro this is the draft forum

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Eh...the combine hasn't mattered in years. Most lottery picks don't participate beyond just measurements.

I don't think individual workouts will happen this year either. Even if they do, I've always been wary about workout warriors. That's how the Knicks ended up drafting Kevin Knox over Miles Bridges despite all of the other evidence. Sometimes it doesn't play out that way and there is something to the workout, but I feel like most of the times it does.

Btw, I think this also applies to Cole. I would've actually bet money that he would've looked like the best PG, and one of the best players, in the draft in a workout setting.
    Yeah it goes both ways, for sure. But I think it could be used as a tiebreaker between prospects.

But in your example, Knox and Bridges shouldnít have been considered tied before the workouts.

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Well this is where missing March Madness and yes even individual workouts following that now leaves you in more of a blind spot than usual.

Would have been interesting to see Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Halliburton etc in the tournament. But we donít have that as a data point now and beyond that we donít get to work these kids out. This more than any previous draft I could see guys taken in the teens or 20s end up better than lottery picks. Will be more of a crapshoot than usual.
    Yeah it sucks.

Haliburton was out for the year though I believe.

Iím not interested in Maxey unless itís with the Clippers pick. I donít think heís what we need at all.

Well this is where missing March Madness and yes even individual workouts following that now leaves you in more of a blind spot than usual.

Would have been interesting to see Cole, Lewis, Maxey, Halliburton etc in the tournament. But we donít have that as a data point now and beyond that we donít get to work these kids out. This more than any previous draft I could see guys taken in the teens or 20s end up better than lottery picks. Will be more of a crapshoot than usual.
    Dude. Cole and Haliís teams were not making the tournament. Alabama would have snuck in as like a 10 seed and wouldíve been lucky to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Dude. Cole and Haliís teams were not making the tournament. Alabama would have snuck in as like a 10 seed and wouldíve been lucky to win a game.
    Ha, oh yeah well... used to NC being in every year.

Whatever, will Be interesting to see what pick and player we end up with. Iím still holding out long shot hope we can land either Ball or Edwards.

Ha, oh yeah well... used to NC being in every year.

Whatever, will Be interesting to see what pick and player we end up with. Iím still holding out long shot hope we can land either Ball or Edwards.
    I am not sold on Edward's, but Ball would be great!

Edwards is definitely a physical specimen. He definitely can score. I dunno if his talent is enough for the Knicks to one again, lower the priority on a point guard.

Personally, the Knicks have avoided drafting their franchise point guard long enough. Stephon Marbury didn't work. Stephon Marbury plus Steve Francis was a disaster. Baron Davis' leg came off. Chauncey Billups injuries caught up. Jeremy Lin took the money (can't blame him). Raymond Felton brought a gun to a tinder date.

I know, over the years Toney Douglas, Frank Ntilikina, Trey Burke, Emmanuel Mudiay haven't lived up to their billing but you gotta keep trying till you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Edwards is definitely a physical specimen. He definitely can score. I dunno if his talent is enough for the Knicks to one again, lower the priority on a point guard.

Personally, the Knicks have avoided drafting their franchise point guard long enough. Stephon Marbury didn't work. Stephon Marbury plus Steve Francis was a disaster. Baron Davis' leg came off. Chauncey Billups injuries caught up. Jeremy Lin took the money (can't blame him). Raymond Felton brought a gun to a tinder date.

I know, over the years Toney Douglas, Frank Ntilikina, Trey Burke, Emmanuel Mudiay haven't lived up to their billing but you gotta keep trying till you get it right.
    But we have 2 first no reason why we couldn't get a pg like lewis or tre with our 2nd pick

2020 Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bro i don't know whats this fascination you have with lewis but he's at best 5th best pg and definitely not a lotto pick
    I disagree. Great read on why Lewis is rising and may be a lottery pick when itís all said and done:

Alabama G Kira Lewis Jr. is on the rise

Lewis has long been on the minds of the more data-driven draft folks, as heís one of the most productive players in the country for his age. As I recently wrote in a story with our Philadelphia writer Rich Hofmann, Lewis ďaveraged 18.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 5.1 assists on a 56.0 true-shooting percentage, and did so while playing his entire sophomore season at 18 years old after reclassifying to enter college early. Alabama had the second-fastest tempo in America under Nate Oats, but the production puts Lewis in lofty company. Given that heís younger than most freshmen in this class (Lewis turned 19 earlier this month), itís worth noting that the only freshmen in the last 28 years to post numbers hitting at least those thresholds are Dennis Smith Jr. and DíAngelo Russell Ö I feel confident that heíll be gone before the Sixers pick (No. 22).Ē

That confidence isnít based purely upon conjecture, either. In conversations with evaluators around the league now that theyíve caught up on his tape, Iíd feel much more confident pegging his draft range from 10-20 than I would purely in the back half of the first round, which is where Lewis seemed to be sitting for most of the year. He has a chance to end up in the lottery by the end of the process. Itís easy to see why, too.

Lewis obviously plays at tremendous speed, especially in the open court. He was one of the fastest players in college basketball, and operated Alabamaís offense at a breakneck pace. In the full-court, heís terrific at finding open targets off the live dribble, finishing, or stopping and popping. More than that, though, I was impressed with how Lewis grew as a halfcourt operator this year. He did an excellent job distributing out of ball-screen scenarios. Again, his ability to diagnose the way defenders played him improved a lot ó although that has some room for growth, still ó and his actual passing talent out of a live dribble was really impressive. Then on top of it, he became a terrific shooter in all scenarios. Lewis hit catch-and-shoot shots at a 61.9 effective field goal percentage, then knocked down pull-up jumpers in the half court at a strong 46.3 effective field goal clip.

Basically, itís really hard to find the right way to play against him, and heís versatile. Because of the shooting ability off of the catch, you can play him off-ball next to a high-level wing creator. If heís on ball and you go under on a ball-screen, he can pull up and hit a jumper behind it. If you hedge, heís excellent at splitting defenders with his ballhandling ability and quick-twitch reactivity.

Once he gets into the middle, heís good at reading where the help is coming from and hitting the kick-out target quickly with either hand. Lewis didnít really have a great threat as a roller this year, but as a freshman he showed strong chemistry with Donta Hall on lobs. In transition, heís a blur. The only true weakness here is his frame, which is very slight and gives evaluators plenty of pause. He doesnít play with much force, and he struggles to finish inside at the basket.

Still, NBA teams are almost always going to believe that they can fix a teenagerís body and add strength to his frame. Lewis is young, productive, versatile, and has a lot of skills that fit into the modern NBA. Thatís what everyone is looking for now, and teams seem to have caught on.
    óThe Athletic

Lewis can on/off ball and let RJ handle the rock occasionally and Lewis will develop great chemistry with Mitch as a roller. Our tempo has been a problem for years and that starts with the PG spot. Lewis is a blur.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Iíd have to say Lewis is interesting me...

Like his physical tools and skillset

2020 Draft Thread

Hereís The Athleticís latest mock draft, draft order is random:

1: Pistons - Edwards (SG)
    2: Hornets - Wiseman (C)
    3: Bulls - Ball (PG)
    4: T-Wolves - Okongwu (PF/C)
    5: Warriors - Toppin (PF)
    6: Cavs - Avdija (F)
    7: Hawks - Okoro (SF)
    8: Knicks - Anthony (G)
    9: Wizards - Hayes (PG)
    10: Suns - Haliburton (G)
    11: Spurs - Vassell (SG)
    12: Kings - Nesmith (G/F)
    13: Pelicans - Lewis (PG)
    14: Blazers - Maxey (G)
    15: Magic - Maledon (PG)
    16: T-Wolves - Bey (F)
    17: Celtics - Achiuwa (PF/C)
    18: Mavs - Hampton (G)
    19: Bucks - McDaniels (F)
    20: Nets - P. Williams (F)
    21: Nuggets - Nnaji (PF/C)
    22: 76ers - Ramsey (G)
    23: Heat - T. Jones (PG)
    24: Jazz - Dotson (G)
    25: Thunder - J. Green (G/F)
    26: Celtics - Pokusevski (C)
    27: Knicks - J. Smith (PF/C)
    28: Raptors - Stewart (C)
    29: Lakers - Mannion (PG)
    30: Celtics - Terry (PG)
    31: Mavericks - Oturu (C)
    32: Hornets - Bolmaro (F)
    33: T-Wolves - Stanley (G/F)
    34: 76ers - Winston (G)
    35: Kings - Carey (C)
    36: 76ers - Butler (G)
    37: Wizards - Tillman (C)
    38: Knicks - E. Hughes (G/F)
    Interesting how the Top 7 shakes out here with Ball being the only PG off the board by the time we pick at 8.

Hayes picked at 9 and Lewis picked at 13.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-03-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Mock drafts are fun. No one knows what number; anyone is picking. No matter what happens. LaMelo Ball will be the first guard off the board.

This is why the Knicks have to start thinking: IF LaMelo Ball is that transcendental player, do the Knicks use their extra first round picks to move up and get their man?

Cause right now, Perry seems to have a fetish for small forwards: Knox, RJ Barrett, Ignas Brazdeikis. Perry NEVER moves up in the draft.

The Knicks are not any better despite drafting in the top ten several times over the last ten years and NOT trading away assets or picks to move up.

So if LaMelo Ball IS the man. The Knicks gotta get him. That's your franchise guy who is going to dish to RJ Barrett, the other cornerstone and get every one on the same page.

I'm not a LaMelo guy but again, if that's the Knicks' primary pick...then they GOTTA do what it takes to get him.

Once you have all the larger pieces, then you can play around with excess late first rounders.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-03-2020 at 05:44 PM.

I like LaMelo, but not enough to trade up for him.

Heís not a slam-dunk prospect by any means, he comes with plenty of risk as well. Iíd rather stay put and keep our assets.