Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 829 of 937 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839879929 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,435 of 14046
    I'm just not a fan of Hali or Hayes because of their limited offensive game. I hate rooting for players to be picked before the Knicks because I am not a believer in them.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Poku is high risk high reward (depending on where heís drafted) but if he pans out heís basically a quicker, more fluid Jokic who actually protects the rim.

Based on my research into him I actually think thereís a decent chance he does get near his own ceiling and ends up a top 3-4 guy from this class. But weíll see. Heís going to need 2-3 years in an NBA strength/conditioning program, probably needs to add 20 pounds or so but heís the youngest kid in this draft so I donít think that will be hard to do over a couple of seasons.
    So you think Knicks fans are capable of waiting 3 years till a teenager develops?
    `

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Haliburton will still go high. My guess is that heíll be the second ďPGĒ off the board. I just donít understand how things like him being unable to get to the rim or shoot pull up jumpers is debatable.
    I dunno, what are you drafting him for in the top 10, if you as a team, acknowledge he cant dribble and cant shoot off the dribble?

What reason do you draft him that high? I can't think of any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    So you think Knicks fans are capable of waiting 3 years till a teenager develops?
    Haha well... weíre not taking him at 8 and he wonít be there by 27 so doesnít matter. I could see Boston taking him at 14 which if they do and he pans out that will be trouble for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I'm just not a fan of Hali or Hayes because of their limited offensive game. I hate rooting for players to be picked before the Knicks because I am not a believer in them.
    Whatís limited about Hayes? Only thing thatís questionable is 3 ball, which shows signs. Heís pretty polished on the offensive end, he can definitely create his own shot

How is Hayesí offensive game limited? Heís 19 and was the starting PG for his Euroleague A team, has an advanced floater game, side steps and step backs and is the best playmaker in this draft not named LaMelo. His catch and shoot numbers from three suck, okay, but that alone makes him limited? The left hand thing is overblown, plenty of 19 year old righties arenít bursting left often, heíll figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dunno, what are you drafting him for in the top 10, if you as a team, acknowledge he cant dribble and cant shoot off the dribble?

What reason do you draft him that high? I can't think of any reason.
    Safety.

I agree with you and I think teams need to swing for upside, but with so much uncertainty this year compared to others, there may be value in playing it safe.

I wouldnít go all in for LaMelo. If there was ever a draft to not go all-in, itís this one. Too much uncertainty throughtout. Iíd rather them use their cap space to collect more draft picks (Johnson and MINís 17th, Aminu and ORLís 14th, etc) and try your luck by giving yourself a chance at hitting on one of those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Whatís limited about Hayes? Only thing thatís questionable is 3 ball, which shows signs. Heís pretty polished on the offensive end, he can definitely create his own shot
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    How is Hayesí offensive game limited? Heís 19 and was the starting PG for his Euroleague A team, has an advanced floater game, side steps and step backs and is the best playmaker in this draft not named LaMelo. His catch and shoot numbers from three suck, okay, but that alone makes him limited? The left hand thing is overblown, plenty of 19 year old righties arenít bursting left often, heíll figure that out.
    Hayes is left-handed, something that becomes apparent very quickly when you watch him.

Thatís because he is extremely left-hand dominant and struggles mightily with his right. Whether itís dribbling to his right, finishing with his right, or passing with his right it doesnít come easily at all for Hayes and for that reason he avoids it at all costs. Oftentimes Hayes will choose not to take an open driving lane if itís to his right hand and on a number of occasions he forced up awkward left-handed floaters instead of attempting open right-hand layups.

It hasnít hurt him a ton in Europe but in the NBA teams are going to force him to his right in pick and roll settings and heíll be challenged to make responsible weak hand plays.

Only hitting 18% of his threes off the catch last season he wasnít a threat off the ball and that could spell trouble for him as a young NBA player. Itís likely that he isnít going to step right into an offensive initiator role with the ball in his hands and for that reason heíll need to be a floor spacer who can hit shots. Luckily he was a 91% free throw shooter which suggests he has a pretty good stroke but right now it hasnít been fully realized.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/in.nba....hmzh5yepae4tj2

I just think he is limited compared to a guy like Lewis who is lethal from 3 and has a reliable jump shot. I also think his quickness will serve him better in the NBA.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 10-29-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Hayes mid range and ft show we can project him to be a good shooter. Hayes seems more fundamentally sound than Lewis. Iíd be fine with either but I donít view Hayes as being limited offensively at all
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Hayes is left-handed, something that becomes apparent very quickly when you watch him.

Thatís because he is extremely left-hand dominant and struggles mightily with his right. Whether itís dribbling to his right, finishing with his right, or passing with his right it doesnít come easily at all for Hayes and for that reason he avoids it at all costs. Oftentimes Hayes will choose not to take an open driving lane if itís to his right hand and on a number of occasions he forced up awkward left-handed floaters instead of attempting open right-hand layups.

It hasnít hurt him a ton in Europe but in the NBA teams are going to force him to his right in pick and roll settings and heíll be challenged to make responsible weak hand plays.

Only hitting 18% of his threes off the catch last season he wasnít a threat off the ball and that could spell trouble for him as a young NBA player. Itís likely that he isnít going to step right into an offensive initiator role with the ball in his hands and for that reason heíll need to be a floor spacer who can hit shots. Luckily he was a 91% free throw shooter which suggests he has a pretty good stroke but right now it hasnít been fully realized.

I just think he is limited compared to a guy like Lewis who is lethal from 3 and has a reliable jump shot. I also think his quickness will serve him better in the NBA.
    Maybe Lewis ends up better, weíll see. Heís definitely quicker which I like.

Again though the lefty thing... watch Ben Simmons, or Rondo, or plenty of other right handed guards, a lot of them donít burst to their off hand side, donít pass well with the left... itís pretty common with righties is all Iím saying. Itís just more noticeable when the player is left handed. Iím genuinely not that stressed over it with Hayes.

Have you watched any of his full games? Thereís a few of them online if you havenít seen him in a full game.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/...raft-workouts/

We might not have to give up anything for LaMelo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010 or Bust View Post
    https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/...raft-workouts/

We might not have to give up anything for LaMelo.
    Misleading in terms of workouts. ESPN reported today that he has not worked out for any teams, only meetings. The quote that the article references also only says interviews.

Where are they getting workouts from?

Regardless, I canít see him dropping that far no matter what. If he gets to 4 or 5 though, the Knicks could trade up without having to give up much at all. Donít see it happening though.

Iíll admit I havenít been very impressed with him in interviews either. He gives super short answers and really doesnít say much to show his personality. His brother comes off way more polished than him.

More Killian Hayes stuff from the draft room:

Doesnít yet have a great outside shot and has somewhat of a funky release on his J.

Needs to improve his right hand dribble, drive and passing.

Doesnít have elite burst or above the rim ability.

Like all young players he needs to develop his understanding of the game, get stronger, improve his jumperÖ the usual developmental things.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/killian-hayes/