Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 819 of 937 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,285 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by justcallmetm View Post
    Coming out of college RJ and Okoro were different. RJ ran the team and had a green light to shoot, also RJ attempted over 200 in college from behind the arc and was 30%, 45% overall, and had some 700 FGA in his only year at Duke.

Okoro role was different, his role was guarding the best player. His total FGA was just a bit higher than RJís attempts from behind the arc.

While the size, weight and power game both use to get downhill are the same, both are different.

RJ is a better option to improve his jumper right now. His college % from behind the arc was 30 and it was 32% his rookie season, it just means heís going to get better as he puts the reps in. His playmaking comes from both inside and outside, his defense isnít as good as Okoroís coming out.

Okoro has the intangibles to play right away and give use a stopper if the game isnít to fast for him. With our development team I expect improvement on the jumper along the way. His strength to initiate contact and get to the line and or kick out, along with consistent movement in the offense means heís not standing still often and looking for cuts to get easy buckets.

Thatís my choice for #8, Iíve settled on grabbing a PG slipping down or hoping a whole bunch slide to have a pick.
    I know theyíre different, no two players are exactly the same. My bigger point was theyíre similar/bring similar things and for a team like Minny either one of them plugs in perfectly.

Anyway itís moot, RJ isnít going anywhere. On another note I just heard on a pod that this new schedule next season may have us playing our division teams 8 TIMES each, which is crazy but ya know covid.

Weíre basically in the worst possible division for this (other than Sac basically)... makes me want to trade for CP3 even less if we have to play 32 games against Boston, Toronto, Brooklyn and Philly. Thatís brutal.

Okoro has that dog in him, so I always want players like that, id be ok if we drafted him.

Id take vassal over him and Maxey is growing on me quickly. Maxey has a lot more to his game than I recognized before. He doesn't know what to do with it yet, but he could be one of those guys who in the nba, with the right team in the right role, immediately thrives.

This was his first season playing off the ball, so that explains a lot of why he kind of seemed unsure of what to do at times and wasnt so comfortable.

I overlooked him being a legit prospect at 8 before, I'm not anymore.

Okongwu is someone I could see falling to 8. If we could trade Mitch straight up for #2, take Ball there and Okongwu at 8 Iíd probably do that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Okongwu is someone I could see falling to 8. If we could trade Mitch straight up for #2, take Ball there and Okongwu at 8 Iíd probably do that.
    I'm pretty sure gsw would want 8 too unless we give up another 1sr

Isaac Okoro will be drafted top three in the upcoming NBA draft. I think, the Knicks will benefit from the stock of Wiseman and others falling, as teams jockey to make deals.

1. LaMelo Ball, Wolves: Russell & Towns both high volume scorers need someone to get them the ball.
    2. Anthony Edwards, Warriors: Complete package alongside Curry, Klay, Dray...
    3. Isaac Okoro, Hornets: Too good to pass up.
    4. Deni Avdija, Bulls: Too many one faceted players. Need a distributor and jack of all trades.
    5. Obi Toppin, Cavaliers: Cleveland has wanted this guy since day one.
    6. Killian Hayes, Hawks: Need someone who can actually give up the ball.
    7. Ty Haliburton, Pistons: Detroit has always had a legacy of point guards who can distribute.

8. Knicks: Might trade down with Sacramento and still get Vassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Isaac Okoro will be drafted top three in the upcoming NBA draft. I think, the Knicks will benefit from the stock of Wiseman and others falling, as teams jockey to make deals.

1. LaMelo Ball, Wolves: Russell & Towns both high volume scorers need someone to get them the ball.
    4. Deni Avdija, Bulls: Too many one faceted players. Need a distributor and jack of all trades.
    7. Ty Haliburton, Pistons: Detroit has always had a legacy of point guards who can distribute.

Wiseman definitely going in there somewhere. And if this is close to how it plays out, it would be Hali to Atl, Hayes to Detroit. A secondary guy is perfect next to Trae. Letís be real, they trying to take the ball out of his hands? Dude just put up 30/9 on solid shooting

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I'd take hali over Vassell but if I take lewis I'd trade back

My first choice would be to trade back to 14 or 15 and take lewis cole or maxey
    This is where I have been. Everyone can't be gone at 14.

Trade back, take one of those guys and pick up another mid first this year or next year when the draft will be historically strong.

Vassell, Okoro, Maxey or Haliburton...at this point any of those players could fit but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks drafted Obi Toppin

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Article just came out Hornets very interested in Wiseman.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I'm pretty sure gsw would want 8 too unless we give up another 1sr
    Iím still on the side of keeping Mitch but he really does give them exactly what they need, maybe Mitch/27th pick would do it? Then flip Randle/DSJ/38th pick for Hield, sign Jerami Grant:

Ball-Hield-RJ-Grant-Okongwu
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Taj

Good start there, and could hope for Jalen Green in 2021.

I would be on board for trading Mitch and picking up Okongwu if possible. Maxey and Okongwu

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Article just came out Hornets very interested in Wiseman.
    Yeah Iím 99% sure they take him, just feels like such an obvious Jordan pick.

Iím still on the side of keeping Mitch but he really does give them exactly what they need, maybe Mitch/27th pick would do it? Then flip Randle/DSJ/38th pick for Hield, sign Jerami Grant:

Ball-Hield-RJ-Grant-Okongwu
    Frank-Dot-Bullock-Knox-Taj

Good start there, and could hope for Jalen Green in 2021.
    Mitch would be so perfect for them. If they were smart they would be trying to pry him from the Knicks.

Mitch, #27 and DAL 2021 for #2.

Does that get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Mitch, #27 and DAL 2021 for #2.

Does that get it done?
    I doubt it, but I think those assets can get GSW enough if you involve a 3rd team.

GSW - Mitch, Hield
    SAC- #27 pick, DAL '21
    Knicks, Wiggins, #2.

I think it's worth taking Wiggins if we get get Ball and keep #8.