Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 816 of 937 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 14046
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I donít think heís a bad player, I just think that some are thinking heís a player that he isnít. I like Lonzo Ball who Haliburton is similar to. Itís probably the most accurate comp in the draft.

Heís not my first choice, but it is what it is. Knicks are reportedly not high on him, so if thatís true, he wonít be the pick...and thatís even if heís there, which I doubt he will be.
    Thatís fair. Or Brogdon. Iíd take any of them. Didnít say heís my first pick. But Iíd be happy with him as the pick

He shot 28% on pull ups. Heís largely a transition and spot up guy. He struggles getting to the basket in the half court as well.
    Hali took very few pull ups so its a small sample size and because he thought he could get a better shot than that for a teammate, and usually he did. Besides, Hali gets to the hoop well enough and the Knicks have enough guys that all they do is try and get to the basket. It's about time we draft a guy who can orchestrate, shoot, and make smart plays on the perimeter with the ball.
    Last edited by Bivory; 10-25-2020 at 06:44 PM.

I donít think heís a bad player, I just think that some are thinking heís a player that he isnít. I like Lonzo Ball who Haliburton is similar to. Itís probably the most accurate comp in the draft.

Heís not my first choice, but it is what it is. Knicks are reportedly not high on him, so if thatís true, he wonít be the pick...and thatís even if heís there, which I doubt he will be.
    I haven't read anything that said we weren't interested in hali

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Hali took very few pull ups so its a small sample size and because he thought he could get a better shot than that for a teammate, and usually he did. Besides, Hali gets to the hoop well enough and the Knicks have enough guys that all they do is try and get to the basket. It's about time we draft a guy who can orchestrate, shoot, and make smart plays on the perimeter with the ball.
    He didnít shoot them because he isnít good at it. Similar to Lonzo, itís difficult for him to get into his shot off the dribble. We have a two year sample size as well as the USA U19 team which he was by far the oldest player, considering he was playing with a bunch of HS juniors and Kira Lewis. Heís not good off the dribble and he doesnít get to the basket.

Iím not sure why youíre fighting this fight. Maybe heíll become good at it one day, but he isnít now. You canít find a single scouting report that says otherwise. Also, 1 FT attempt per game over two years kinda says he canít get to the basket.

Heís a nice safe player and itís possible he could be one of the best in this class considering the lack of overall upside in this draft, but heís not who youíre trying to make him out to be. Transition and catch and shoot. Thatís his game. Heís also a very good passer. Simply put, heís Lonzo Ball, which I am fine with.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-25-2020 at 08:44 PM.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
    They just updated it an they got us picking hali

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I haven't read anything that said we weren't interested in hali
    Berman on a podcast. I posted it a few weeks ago.

Berman on a podcast. I posted it a few weeks ago.
    True but that could be a smokescreen i found another mock that has us taking hali
    https://ca.nba.com/news/2020-nba-moc...414pqdxpph9e22

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Weíll see. I think thereís a lot he brings thatís useful. And honestly, thereís a lot of crap in this draft. A lot of these guys arenít ďlottery picksĒ

If you feel like you need an ISO, dribble a lot, dribble around, and shoot a bad shot guy, yes, heís not that guy. I donít care if heís not a real PG all the time. I donít know that there will be one there for us
    I never said I wanted an iso PG, but drafting pg who literally can't dribble and can't shoot off the dribble is just crazy.

I don't know how you can expect any kind of major impact from a player like that.

What exactly is he going to do for us that's worth drafting him in the lottery? You can't make plays for your teammates if you can't dribble. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Watch the pre-draft workouts and stop simply repeating the same things over and over. Clearly, the workouts try to make him do the things you say he can't, and he's passing with flying colors.
    There isn't a scout alive that says Hali has no right hand. HE"S RIGHT HANDED.

Watch him shoot and make with a hand in his face, off the dribble, on the move, time and time again. I don't know how anyone could look at Hali and say he's NOT a fit for the Knicks. it's pretty hard to make a case for anyone in this draft being a better fit than Hali.
    lmao at getting hyped up over a pre draft workout, we have actual game tapes you can watch, you should try it and stop watching highlight videos.

who cares if he's right handed, go watch a game he can't dribble with his right hand for ****.

he needs to be on a good team to have success, and that isn't us.

I don't even understand saying they want to draft him to play SG, that ugly shot that he shoots off the hip could get massively exposed in the nba. Its going to be the first thing on every nba players scouting report. can't dribble, and shoots off the hip, so just crowd him when he doesn't have the ball.

If I was going to draft a spot up shooter id take Nesmith over him all day. I can't even imagine taking a spot up shooter in the lottery though.

Id take Bey over all these scrubs, He has a polished nba game, and nba ready body. I don't know why Knicks fans overlooking him so much. Easily one of few clean prospects in the entire draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I don't even understand saying they want to draft him to play SG, that ugly shot that he shoots off the hip could get massively exposed in the nba. Its going to be the first thing on every nba players scouting report. can't dribble, and shoots off the hip, so just crowd him when he doesn't have the ball.

If I was going to draft a spot up shooter id take Nesmith over him all day. I can't even imagine taking a spot up shooter in the lottery though.

Id take Bey over all these scrubs, He has a polished nba game, and nba ready body. I don't know why Knicks fans overlooking him so much. Easily one of few clean prospects in the entire draft.
    Look at Kevin Martin highlights hali imo should play the 2 and he might end up being the best sg in this draft alot of mocks have him as high as 4 so idk where all of this hate is coming from we'd be lucky if he was even still there at 8

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

To be fair this was Haliburtonís first year playing PG, so drafting him to be a SG/secondary ball handler would be drafting him at his natural position.

I agree with a lot of the stuff youíre posting about him, but I donít think heís a bad player at all. Itís just that we need to see him for what he is currently and not think that the Knicks are going to get something different if they draft him. We went through a similar situation with Frank and Knox. So far both are exactly what they were pre-draft, but people have a tough time accepting that.

It doesnít mean they canít get better or that Haliburton wonít get better, but it helps knowing what the player is good or bad at. We set ourselves up for failure as a fan base all the time with unrealistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Look at Kevin Martin highlights hali imo should play the 2 and he might end up being the best sg in this draft alot of mocks have him as high as 4 so idk where all of this hate is coming from we'd be lucky if he was even still there at 8
    its not hate, I just don't think he's a lottery pick level player, I don't see it one bit.

I said he was underrated months ago, when he was mocked in the 20s. I had him in the teens, not the lottery.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 10-25-2020 at 11:59 PM.

To be fair this was Haliburtonís first year playing PG, so drafting him to be a SG/secondary ball handler would be drafting him at his natural position.

I agree with a lot of the stuff youíre posting about him, but I donít think heís a bad player at all. Itís just that we need to see him for what he is currently and not think that the Knicks are going to get something different if they draft him. We went through a similar situation with Frank and Knox. So far both are exactly what they were pre-draft, but people have a tough time accepting that.

It doesnít mean they canít get better or that Haliburton wonít get better, but it helps knowing what the player is good or bad at. We set ourselves up for failure as a fan base all the time with unrealistic expectations.
    I never said he was a bad player, I like him a lot, but I liked him a lot when he was projected as a late teens early 20 pick.

Thats a huge difference from the lottery, I don't for my life understand how he can be projected as a lottery pick.

even as a SG, why would we want to draft a SG in the lottery who can't dribble and can't shoot off the dribble?

We could just keep Dotson around if that's all we want from our SG.

You don't draft guys like Haliburton in the Lottery, even in a terrible draft. He may be good but he will never deliver on what you want from a lottery pick.